BigFooty DeathList 2021: Host GreyCrow

Remove this Banner Ad

The Animals' guitarist Hilton Valentine, best known for the iconic opening riff on the English rock band's arrangement of 'The House of the Rising Sun,' has died at the age of 77.
Winds of Change by Eric Burdon and The Animals is one of my favourite albums. Trippy, generally dark and heavy in its own way. Their version of Paint It Black is a ripper, better than the Stones' IMO. Hilton didn't play on that album. RIP

Geez that escalated rapidly from his first cancer diagnosis

They reckon it hit him so hard and quick there wasn't time for any pain or suffering. I'm sure I saw one of his friends or family members refer to it as an "execution" it was so swift.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They reckon it hit him so hard and quick there wasn't time for any pain or suffering. I'm sure I saw one of his friends or family members refer to it as an "execution" it was so swift.

Read he had also put off getting a lump on his neck looked at despite warnings from friends and family.

Read he had also put off getting a lump on his neck looked at despite warnings from friends and family.

Scared of paparazzi taking photos of him.

He gets walk to Heavens Pavilion helmet off raising his willow for a century innings. What an innings good sir! Rest in peace.

Funnily around two weeks ago he popped into my head and I couldn’t recall if he was still alive and so looked it up, was glad to see he was still going. And then around a week ago was listening to a film podcast and it mentioned Holbrook and Martin Sheen’s performance as a couple in the 1972 telemovie That Certain Summer was the first American television show to give a positive depiction of a gay couple.

A great, underrated actor who really earned his late career Oscar nomination for Into the Wild.

Samuel Vestey, 3rd Baron Westey, and a great-grandchild/great-grandson of Dame Nellie Melba, has died at 79 years old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back