Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

They've been dropping a few.. Perths killin it in the NBL too FFS, 3 leagues on lock down the pricks

Will just have to repeat last season. Find some form and roll Perth in the finals :cool:. Not sure how capable we are of that this season though as we never have a fit squad and our game style is absolutely turgid at the moment.

I don't understand JP not getting headline shows in Australia. Would have killed for a full length set and indoor sound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judas Priest were great. Stood in front of the mixer which wasn't that far from the stage. Opened with Delivering the Goods which went straight into Running Wild. Of the new material Firepower was a noticable absence - assume they thought it inappropriate. After a week of bigger shows I have had a gutful of casual bozos who just stand around drinking piss and know one or two songs. You never were and you'll never be. Arrogant, but that's my steadfast outlook. As much as I love Slayer and Judas Priest, looking forward to Incantation, D666, Blasphemy and Loudness now.

Judas Priest were great. Stood in front of the mixer which wasn't that far from the stage. Opened with Delivering the Goods which went straight into Running Wild. Of the new material Firepower was a noticable absence - assume they thought it inappropriate. After a week of bigger shows I have had a gutful of casual bozos who just stand around drinking piss and know one or two songs. You never were and you'll never be. Arrogant, but that's my steadfast outlook. As much as I love Slayer and Judas Priest, looking forward to Incantation, D666, Blasphemy and Loudness now.

Sounds like you’ve had a good mini-tour. Any merch on top of the CD shop haul? Back tomorrow or did you take the extra day?

Delivering the goods is a ******* amazing song was hoping they would play it at melbourne download.

Would have been a great show.

Sounds like you’ve had a good mini-tour. Any merch on top of the CD shop haul? Back tomorrow or did you take the extra day?

The Glenn Tipton 'No Surrender' shirt and a couple of Slayer tour shirts. Been a blast though decided against staying an extra night. Got the Thursdsy night BTR/Arise show then start planning for the Sydney Blasphemy show and Dark Mofo. Noted that Utopia are claiming a decent US band are set to announce a tour next week and that it'll be their first one here. Wonder who that could be.

The Glenn Tipton 'No Surrender' shirt and a couple of Slayer tour shirts. Been a blast though decided against staying an extra night. Got the Thursdsy night BTR/Arise show then start planning for the Sydney Blasphemy show and Dark Mofo. Noted that Utopia are claiming a decent US band are set to announce a tour next week and that it'll be their first one here. Wonder who that could be.

You could have your own tv show - On the road with Devo.

No idea what's going on here.

You could have your own tv show - On the road with Devo.

Next episode will be Blasphemy in Sin City. Already know what'll happen. Drink a lot of black coffee, stay in Campbell St, drink more black coffee, eat steak, blow coin at Utopia, watch Blasphemy, then go home.

Interesting at the end of the JP set when the band are farewelling the crowd, the screen reads 'the Priest will be back'. Due to my position at Download I couldn't see the backdrop. I actually wonder how much longer Halford has left. I also wonder if Sneap will stay in the band. I think they need a guitarist who can nail the solos and do the trade offs.

Next episode will be Blasphemy in Sin City. Already know what'll happen. Drink a lot of black coffee, stay in Campbell St, drink more black coffee, eat steak, blow coin at Utopia, watch Blasphemy, then go home.

Sounds like a great plan to me.

There’s a nice little coffee shop just down from Dixon’s in Blackburn - Symmetry Coffee Roasters. Make their own blend. Ever tried it?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back