Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I just watched a video of Metallica playing Moth into Flame in Zürich and gee whiz I had to cringe. And I am a huge Metallica fan

anyone seeing Eluveitie tonight?

I was thinking of going, but my nieces (6 and 6 months) were staying over, so wanted to play with them.

How was it?

I was thinking of going, but my nieces (6 and 6 months) were staying over, so wanted to play with them.

How was it?
didnt go, i only found out about it like a week ago and i already had plans to do other stuff, but dad went said it was really good, but he's seen them quite a few times... very unique band as well.

Crowd hardly seemed in to it, Kirk's solos sounded very off, James voice sounded like he was struggling big time. But like I said I'm a huge fan, I saw them in Milan a few days before the Zürich show and it was great so maybe I was being too harsh

The pro shot one?
Seemed ok to me

Im currently watching the gojira one at pol'and'rock
And the jinjer one at resurrection fest
Kinda got them on loop
How good is that Jinjer vocalist?!! I'm not that into the band as a whole but the way Tatiana switches between growling and singing is pretty incredible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts?
First listen. I really enjoyed most of the album but not every song did it for me. I love the vocals which i think set them apart from many others in the genre. I thought it started a bit slow but built well with some of the really doomy stuff that i love featuring towards the end. Definitely rewarded my patience. I liked the production too and a big part of that was the drumming. Overall, there is not much i can fault apart from 1 or 2 songs that i didnt care for. They definitely showcased their musicianship and versatility as well, it has a little bit of everything.

Totally enamoured with this band - Idle Hands. Kinda like a cross between early Maiden and Sisters of Mercy. Formed out of the remains of Spellcaster (another band I enjoyed). Straddle the ‘metal’ line a bit but I’m loving their EP.
Magus perhaps you might like them more than some others in here? Give them a go.

bde4533e7ac7988850c33110c44e2373.jpg

First listen. I really enjoyed most of the album but not every song did it for me. I love the vocals which i think set them apart from many others in the genre. I thought it started a bit slow but built well with some of the really doomy stuff that i love featuring towards the end. Definitely rewarded my patience. I liked the production too and a big part of that was the drumming. Overall, there is not much i can fault apart from 1 or 2 songs that i didnt care for. They definitely showcased their musicianship and versatility as well, it has a little bit of everything.

I haven't given it a play all the way through yet. Scott Reagers is an amazing vocalist, very unique. My favourite album is the last one that he sang on - Die Healing. Good to hear the new one has something to offer.

Totally enamoured with this band - Idle Hands. Kinda like a cross between early Maiden and Sisters of Mercy. Formed out of the remains of Spellcaster (another band I enjoyed). Straddle the ‘metal’ line a bit but I’m loving their EP.
Magus perhaps you might like them more than some others in here? Give them a go.

bde4533e7ac7988850c33110c44e2373.jpg

Just watched a review actually so I'll check it out!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back