Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I've stopped buying unless it's stuff I really like or just I can't stream. I've got CDs every where and one day decided enough was enough, I can't keep buying storage to put them on when so many I only listen to a few times. Spotify serves me mostly now as almost everyone is on it, and anything else I just import.

Wish I had that self control.

Queensrÿche - The Verdict.

Down to 2 original members they’ve somehow conjured up an energetic album that blends reminders of past glories with a robust, modern sound. This is probably the ‘best’ we could realistically expect given the available (missing) personnel, and despite not screaming ‘classic’ in the context of their amazing past glories, I’d be surprised if this doesn’t receive really strong reviews. Their best post-Tate release by a mile.

Might need to change my avatar..

After a couple of months of listening Verdict is now placed second behind Mindcrime for my favourite QR releases that I own (everything up to and including Empire + American Soldier thus far).

Really over being in an office at the moment. Politics, brown nosing, passive aggression, metrosexuals, ulterior motives, fat campaigners etc etc.
I'm in heavy industry where it's dog eat dog a lot of the time. Good to hear the grass isn't greener..
Happiest I've ever been was when I ran my own business for a couple of years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a couple of months of listening Verdict is now placed second behind Mindcrime for my favourite QR releases that I own (everything up to and including Empire + American Soldier thus far).

Wow that’s very high. Placing it above The Warning, Rage for Order or even the EP is a massive call. The dreaded American Soldier *shudders*

Wow that’s very high. Placing it above The Warning, Rage for Order or even the EP is a massive call. The dreaded American Soldier *shudders*

Apart from walk in the shadows, rage never really grew on me (and it contains gonna get close to you lol). Warning is close, and the tracks I like most off that album (title track and take hold) I like more than any song on the Verdict. EP suffers from being EP length. American soldier started ok with sliver, and I liked what they did with unafraid but if falls off a cliff after that. Normally if I listen to early era QR I’ll chuck on that Tokyo set from ’84.
I’m also one of those people whose taste is such that a half dozen people could recommend the same band to me based off what I already listen to and I’m genuinely as likely to hate it as I am to enjoy it haha.

Apart from walk in the shadows, rage never really grew on me (and it contains gonna get close to you lol). Warning is close, and the tracks I like most off that album (title track and take hold) I like more than any song on the Verdict. EP suffers from being EP length. American soldier started ok with sliver, and I liked what they did with unafraid but if falls off a cliff after that. Normally if I listen to early era QR I’ll chuck on that Tokyo set from ’84.
I’m also one of those people whose taste is such that a half dozen people could recommend the same band to me based off what I already listen to and I’m genuinely as likely to hate it as I am to enjoy it haha.

Oh yeah, how good is that ‘84 Tokyo concert? Pristine. Astonishing live performance - especially Tate. Prophecy live was and is great to have also. One of my fave QR songs that was impossible to find.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back