Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

I've used Jetstar for a long time and it is usually ok. Here's my last three experiences the past month or so. Sydney trip - return delayed two to three hours. Hobart trip - flight down boarded and then had to disembark and wait two hours or so due to fault. Queensland trip - return delayed two to three hours. Now my friend was due to fly from Tokyo to Gold Coast Friday evening. 30 minutes before departure got told flight cancelled and put on a flight 24 hours later. Said friend is now on the Gold Coast wondering when the 12.45pm flight to Melbourne is going to board. Perhaps 2.15pm. This is ******* terrible third world level of service. What the * is going on?

So is this the good Batushka that's touring or the s**t one?

Went to Dead of Winter on Saturday. Potion and Outright were the highlights. Beastwars were good too and i really love Chaos Divine but i didnt see their full set. Outright really surprised me actually as i had this perception that they'd be a rather generic hardcore/metal band...but i was wrong. There were no shitty breakdowns and they produced some of the best riffs of the day and were all really into it, performance wise. I know this shouldnt really be a big factor when evaluating how good a band is but i think it is great to see a talented female vocalist lead a (non symphonic metal) metal band. As for Potion, some songs didnt grab me but others were really good. I dont know the name of the track but on one song in particular the drumming was absolutely top notch. I dont think they have released many songs yet but im keen to hear more.

Went to Dead of Winter on Saturday. Potion and Outright were the highlights. Beastwars were good too and i really love Chaos Divine but i didnt see their full set. Outright really surprised me actually as i had this perception that they'd be a rather generic hardcore/metal band...but i was wrong. There were no s**tty breakdowns and they produced some of the best riffs of the day and were all really into it, performance wise. I know this shouldnt really be a big factor when evaluating how good a band is but i think it is great to see a talented female vocalist lead a (non symphonic metal) metal band. As for Potion, some songs didnt grab me but others were really good. I dont know the name of the track but on one song in particular the drumming was absolutely top notch. I dont think they have released many songs yet but im keen to hear more.
Beastwars were great at the Espy the other night. Outright are rad, one of my favourite live Melbourne acts. Great energy and the vocalist is unreal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardline Media teasing a tour announcement for Thursday. People are saying Sacred Reich and Vio-lence.

Hardline Media teasing a tour announcement for Thursday. People are saying Sacred Reich and Vio-lence.

So ****ing in if true. McClain and Demmel well and truly moving on from the whole Machine Head debacle.

Insomnium have a new record out in October

Sweet, good to hear! I'm a huge Insomnium fan. I discovered them via a post in one of the previous "General Metal Threads" back in 2012 or 13 i think. Somewhat surprising i hadnt encountered them earlier given id been a big fan of old school In Flames, Be'lakor and others. For me, Insomnium and Be'lakor are both the measuring sticks for all melodic death metal that i come across. Certain albums from other bands e.g 'Slaughter of the Soul', 'The Jester Race', 'Tales from the Thousand Lakes' & 'Portal of I' are up there but for consistantly appealing to me Insomnium and Be'lakor are unmatched.

“The concept of the album is to delve deep into the heart of the Finnish melancholy. We've been inspired by some of the bleakest and saddest songs, poems and tales that truly capture the essence of northern gloom”.

Count me in.
Sounds like the concept of their last 7 albums

Just revisiting this album which was sort of my gateway drug into death metal and more extreme stuff. This really still blows me away, they had a real knack of building to an intense moment at the ends of songs and blowing it away with a huge riff. Is it just me or is stuff rarely produced as heavy as this any more? Immense production.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back