Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to Bendigo around 5pm. Went for a pizza. Came back and watched Carcinoid, Misery and Skeletal Remains. Misery were best on ground. During Skeletal Remains went to bar to get some water. Moments later there’s a commotion and I see a girl (seen her at a few shows) being helped by a male friend (struggling with her) whilst another female friend is calling for security. As they get closer can see she has taken something and isn’t having a good time. Then for whatever reason she started lunging at me! Not sure what she wanted but wasn’t going to stand there and find out - put some people between us and watched as her male friend and security struggled to move her out. Had a real lunatic look on her face. Five minutes earlier she was up the front having a ball. Wasn’t yelling though was resisting and had a weird look on her face. Some some of hallucinogenic though that doesn’t explain the two blokes struggling with her. PCP? I don’t know. Freaked me out to be honest.
Possibly on the synthetics, or on some bad acid trip haha

Possibly on the synthetics, or on some bad acid trip haha

Read a warning that people buying Ketamine are getting something like PCP at the moment. Probably explains it.

Got to Bendigo around 5pm. Went for a pizza. Came back and watched Carcinoid, Misery and Skeletal Remains. Misery were best on ground. During Skeletal Remains went to bar to get some water. Moments later there’s a commotion and I see a girl (seen her at a few shows) being helped by a male friend (struggling with her) whilst another female friend is calling for security. As they get closer can see she has taken something and isn’t having a good time. Then for whatever reason she started lunging at me! Not sure what she wanted but wasn’t going to stand there and find out - put some people between us and watched as her male friend and security struggled to move her out. Had a real lunatic look on her face. Five minutes earlier she was up the front having a ball. Wasn’t yelling though was resisting and had a weird look on her face. Some some of hallucinogenic though that doesn’t explain the two blokes struggling with her. PCP? I don’t know. Freaked me out to be honest.

I looked in the first aid bit at a rave once and didn't like what I saw, avoided it from then on at raves, I didn't want to see the goings on until I actually needed first aid!

Absolutely killed Black Friday this year, helped by a ton of prezzee vouchers from work which I converted to JB vouchers. Laptop $1200, marked down to $800; vouchers meant I spent $50 of my own money. Boeing flight controls for XBox Series X $1000, marked down to $600; after vouchers, $100 of my money.

Picked the laptop up from Knox yesterday, and filled in a couple of gaps.
Vader - De Profundis.
Watain - The Agony and Ecstasy of Watain.
Satyricon - The Shadowthrone (easily one of the biggest gaps in the collection).
Sepultura - Quadra.
Sepultura - Live in Sao Paulo (I think this is a re-release of something I wanted as a kid and never got).

I heard a guy tell a funny story recently, he took acid for the first time at Woodstock '99. He was up the front of the stage when RATM started playing, the crowd started charging forward crushing everyone up front, the acid started kicking in as he was being crushed against front barrier.

Didn't expect that when I woke up this morning. Pretty good tune.
Doesn't look like there's lots of room for Australian dates next year bit hopefully they fit it in. They're doing shows with Pantera* overseas.

Didn't expect that when I woke up this morning. Pretty good tune.
Doesn't look like there's lots of room for Australian dates next year bit hopefully they fit it in. They're doing shows with Pantera* overseas.

Looks like first half of 24 at the earliest - don’t think it’ll happen though as the ‘tour faq’ says ‘there are no plans to add any additional headlining shows’ to the tour. That leaves an option of a festival appearance which I’d say is also unlikely. Pretty certain most of the Euro dates announced are in countries they have played this year too. Guess it costs too much to get them to here and to Japan.

Looks like first half of 24 at the earliest - don’t think it’ll happen though as the ‘tour faq’ says ‘there are no plans to add any additional headlining shows’ to the tour. That leaves an option of a festival appearance which I’d say is also unlikely. Pretty certain most of the Euro dates announced are in countries they have played this year too. Guess it costs too much to get them to here and to Japan.

It would be called a separate tour though wouldn't it? Like how the US dates are a separate tour to the European dates? I don't know, we'll wait and see but I'm not holding my breath. Crazy that it'll be 10 years between drinks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Metallica song is out +album announced.

Short and sweet
didnt mid it first listen.. no doubt there'll be haters, for what ever reason.
  • too short
  • cant hear bass
  • too much snare
  • wheres the guitar solo
  • i used to love them before the sold outs i.e. this isnt MY Metallica.

also see that Australia still not on the tour list yet !

Only found out about this from the morning chatter from you fine gentlemen, interesting, didn't mind it.

Interesting. Sounds like a cover that was left off Garage Inc to me.

That's the impression I got, too. Seem to be going for that old-school NWOBHM vibe.

didnt mid it first listen.. no doubt there'll be haters, for what ever reason.
  • too short
  • cant hear bass
  • too much snare
  • wheres the guitar solo
  • i used to love them before the sold outs i.e. this isnt MY Metallica.

also see that Australia still not on the tour list yet !

You left out the "James' voice shits me" guys...

Yeah I think they actually lost money on the Death Magnetic tour out here (so I heard at the time), so in today's climate it would be even harder for them to come here I guess.

It would be called a separate tour though wouldn't it? Like how the US dates are a separate tour to the European dates? I don't know, we'll wait and see but I'm not holding my breath. Crazy that it'll be 10 years between drinks.

I don't think we'll be seeing them here until 25 at the earliest. In light of the cancelled 19 tour it is somewhat annoying that they play, inter alia, Spain this year and are back there next year. Bit concerned we're not going to get the new Iron Maiden tour too (and I doubt Judas Priest are coming back). Hope I'm wrong on all fronts. Actually hope I am really wrong with IM/JP.

I don't think we'll be seeing them here until 25 at the earliest. In light of the cancelled 19 tour it is somewhat annoying that they play, inter alia, Spain this year and are back there next year. Bit concerned we're not going to get the new Iron Maiden tour too (and I doubt Judas Priest are coming back). Hope I'm wrong on all fronts. Actually hope I am really wrong with IM/JP.

Yeah its quite annoying after the last cancelled tour. I was thinking they'd make coming back a priority but unfortunately not. I'm glad I've seen them a handful of times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back