Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Cockney Rejects were great. Played everything I wanted to hear save for On the Waterfront (surprised this was omitted) and West Side Boys (didn’t think this would be played). Might go again tonight. Tour shirts that the promoter has produced are terrible dtg print. Can’t believe how bad they are and didn’t really realise it until after I bought one. Haha.

Cockney Rejects were great. Played everything I wanted to hear save for On the Waterfront (surprised this was omitted) and West Side Boys (didn’t think this would be played). Might go again tonight. Tour shirts that the promoter has produced are terrible dtg print. Can’t believe how bad they are and didn’t really realise it until after I bought one. Haha.

After an Iron Maiden gig, bought a bootleg shirt on the way back to Richmond station (as an aside, have you ever noticed how everyone flogging bootleg shirts is Pommy or Irish? "I'on Ma'en t-shirts, twen'y dollas, two fer thir'y, come on lads!"). As I didn't want to spend whatever the official merch was, I paid $20 for the worst t-shirt design I've ever seen. Yet if I'd waited until the next bootlegger, 30 metres away, I would've got a knock off that legitimately looked as if it could've been the real thing.

After an Iron Maiden gig, bought a bootleg shirt on the way back to Richmond station (as an aside, have you ever noticed how everyone flogging bootleg shirts is Pommy or Irish? "I'on Ma'en t-shirts, twen'y dollas, two fer thir'y, come on lads!"). As I didn't want to spend whatever the official merch was, I paid $20 for the worst t-shirt design I've ever seen. Yet if I'd waited until the next bootlegger, 30 metres away, I would've got a knock off that legitimately looked as if it could've been the real thing.
20 clams for a bootleg t-shirt you got played son.

20 clams for a bootleg t-shirt you got played son.

If you saw the design, they should've paid me. Not the finest moment in JC's gigging life.

dtg print?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find I only ever end up wearing the official tour t-shirts, the bootlegged & even the cheap market ones are never even as comfy too. I'm guessing they're made of a cheaper material..

Yeah, I stopped buying them years ago (the above incident may have swayed me). They just look and feel like s**t. I much prefer the official merchandise. It was only ever the really big bands where I bought them (Maiden and Metallica won't miss that sale), but I came to realise no matter the band it's just not worth buying a shirt I never wear to save on paying for a more expensive shirt that I will actually wear.

Saw them last night. Not my thing but they put on a great live show. Marching Orders were almost as good. Had a quick chat with Dick from K-mart Warriors, they're playing Club 303 in about a month. Anybody familiar with that venue? I think he said it's in Thornbury.

6613abebb08239acf6b9a59da5a7bb23.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back