Bigfooty General Metal Thread Mk.VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Today’s album shuffle. Including Sodom, Hideous Divinity, Children of Bodom, Earth Rot, Alice Cooper, Allegaeon, Acranius, Judas Priest, Acid Mammoth, Cardiac Arrest, Benighted and Faith No More

Attachments

• IMG_4128.jpeg
    IMG_4128.jpeg
    726.2 KB · Views: 11
Been mostly Accept this week so only about a few listens in. Don’t like the production but enjoying the songs and soloing. Stock standard from them I guess. Bit of a Stench of Redemption vibe. Will buy the cd and guess it will be better on the system.

Yeah, Dynamic Range of 6 is terrible. It’s also too polished for mine. Anyway there’s enough in there to keep me interested even if it doesn’t reach the heights of “Overtures..”.

Dee Snider Paul Kersey - from memory you chaps have mentioned spending some time in Tokyo(?) over the years

Am heading over in a few weeks, any recommendations for record stores or venues?
Wont have a huge amount of time, but hoping to see/hear something whilst I'm there.
Cheers

Dee Snider Paul Kersey - from memory you chaps have mentioned spending some time in Tokyo(?) over the years

Am heading over in a few weeks, any recommendations for record stores or venues?
Wont have a huge amount of time, but hoping to see/hear something whilst I'm there.
Cheers

There’s quite a few. Some smaller ones are hard to find. But can’t go wrong with the Disk Union chain. Especially the metal stores in Ochanomizu, Shinkjuku and Shibuya. Also Tower Records in Shinjuku and Shibuya.

Cheers

I’d stay in Shibuya if looking to see bands. Disc Union there is pretty good. Think the Shinjuku metal branch is out of action for a bit - friend went there this month and the actual building is gone (high rise building too). Think the punk one in Shinjuku is still there. Never bothered with the other branches. Emperor were there when I last went and the venue was across the road. I didn’t go. Actually the only band I’ve lined up to see there was Sabbat at their rehearsal in Kuwana but I couldn’t get there due to public transport in rural Japan being what it is (Gezol lives in the same prefecture as my ex).

I’d stay in Shibuya if looking to see bands. Disc Union there is pretty good. Think the Shinjuku metal branch is out of action for a bit - friend went there this month and the actual building is gone (high rise building too). Think the punk one in Shinjuku is still there. Never bothered with the other branches. Emperor were there when I last went and the venue was across the road. I didn’t go. Actually the only band I’ve lined up to see there was Sabbat at their rehearsal in Kuwana but I couldn’t get there due to public transport in rural Japan being what it is (Gezol lives in the same prefecture as my ex).
Sounds good, much appreciated!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TMC design for one of the RC tour shirts. Looks good. Wonder if they'll switch up the setlist and play more older material. Monday night for me.

It'll be interesting if they do, as their
early BM stuff normally only gets a small run live.

Today’s album shuffle includes: Arch Enemy, Fortió, Winterfylleth, Nocturnal Depression, King, Children of Bodom, Carpathian Forest, Just Before Dawn, Gorod, Crypta, Humiliation and Lamb of God.

Attachments

• IMG_4141.jpeg
    IMG_4141.jpeg
    709.6 KB · Views: 4
Don’t mind King. My son goes to primary school with the guitarist’s son.
I discovered them watching them in support of Paradise Lost at the Corner. Was a good show that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back