Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has admitted the club's rebuild was hampered by a struggle to sell unwanted players in the summer.

Danny Rose, Serge Aurier and Victor Wanyama were among the transfer-listed players who remained at Spurs, while the club would have considered offers for contract rebels Christian Eriksen, Jan Vertonghen and Toby Alderweireld.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino's much-desired "new chapter" has been further hampered by injuries to deadline-day signings Giovani Lo Celso and Ryan Sessegnon.

In the minutes of this month board-to-board meeting with the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust (THST), Levy admitted it had been difficult to offload the club's deadwood.

"Daniel Levy said it’s not always possible to sell players," read the minutes. "In 90% of instances either a buyer could not be found for a player or the player did not wish to join the club that had expressed an interest in buying them so THFC was not able to make as many changes as desired this summer.

"Levy reiterated just how difficult it is to get a transfer over the line, with so many moving parts.

"Levy felt the next step in the project was already underway with the signings this summer and the sale of some fringe players. That the much-talked about refresh had already begun."

On Eriksen, Vertonghen and Alderweireld, who are all out of contract next summer, the minutes continued: "Daniel Levy said that it wasn’t possible to make anyone sign a contract if they didn’t want to. Some players have been at Spurs for a long time and want to pursue new opportunities elsewhere.

"He felt it was important to look at each individual circumstance. Players want new challenges. It wasn’t always about not wanting to play for Tottenham any more. The whole football system relies on buying and selling players so this is fundamental to the business."

The minutes also reflected that Lo Celso and Sessegnon are both expected to return to full training during the international break. Sessegnon is yet to feature after joining from Fulham on transfer deadline day with a hamstring injury, while loan signing Lo Celso suffered a hip problem after making just three substitute appearances.

Meanwhile, Michel Vorm has rejoined Spurs on a contract until the end of the season to cover injured goalkeeper Hugo Lloris. Vorm, 36 this week, left Spurs when his contract expired in the summer, having made 47 appearances in all competitions after joining from Swansea in July 2014.

Sounds reasonable, how the football works, and most importantly flies in the face of the irrational teeth gnashing.

Sounds reasonable, how the football works, and most importantly flies in the face of the irrational teeth gnashing.
Oh ffs you have a go at JD for keeping the argument going and then do it yourself.

Anyway it doesn’t “fly in the face of irrational teeth gnashing”. The bald campaigner should have foreseen these difficulties and got his house in ******* order quicker. The campaigner was on holiday most of the summer I seem to recall you mentioning. We needed a big summer haul (nice to see you finally acknowledge that) and the club were totally unprepared to make it happen

Oh ffs you have a go at JD for keeping the argument going and then do it yourself.

Anyway it doesn’t “fly in the face of irrational teeth gnashing”. The bald campaigner should have foreseen these difficulties and got his house in ******* order quicker. The campaigner was on holiday most of the summer I seem to recall you mentioning. We needed a big summer haul (nice to see you finally acknowledge that) and the club were totally unprepared to make it happen
The only true part of what you said was that he was on holiday.

We didn’t need a big overhaul in one window. 160m is a fair outlay.

The fact you refer to a chairman that spent that much and gave us a new stadium in the last 6 months speaks volumes. Really are some sewer rats in our supporter base, hope you’re not one of them. Show some respect.

It has nothing to do with the club. You have to have buyers to raise money for further purchases.

Vorm was free and no one was interested. Now he’s back.

Wanyama we couldn’t even find someone in Belgium willing to take on his knees.

Eriksen. Flirted with Madrid, Barca and Bayern. Not one nibble.

Alderweireld. 25m release clause and not one bid. Cash strapped Roma could only muster about 10m.

That’s 3 contracted players in our 25 man squad, and more importantly in our 17 man non-home grown that we couldn’t even sell. Not the clubs fault no one is interested.

Lastly, I am starting to detest, despise and lose respect for those that can’t show the chairman respect. You all sicken me.

£160m just cracks me up. Reality is two signings (one who was bought injured and is yet to play) one loanee who is now injured and has barely featured and a kid who’s been loaned back to the club we bought him off and is stuck in the reserves there. It’s not really a £160m outlay it’s £55m for Ndombele, £25 for Seesegnon, £10m for Clark and £20 season loan for Lo Celso who I assume we may even decline on making permanent if we can’t get sufficient match time out of him.

I don’t have to cult-worship the Chairman the way you do. Frankly I find that odd. I appreciate some aspects of his tenure at the club, while seriously question others. I don’t blindly worship at the mans alter because bottom line is he has held back too many times when we were in the cusp of really breaking through. It’s not disrespectful to feel that way

Nonsense. He’s done nothing but advance us and gets no respect for it.

Slowly but surely we have advanced since 2001. Irrefutable evidence suggests this. Table position progression shows this

We won’t decline Lo Celso. He’s as good as ours.

How bloody naive are you?

In 2001 we had what was becoming an outdated stadium. A s**t squad of players. s**t manager (s) and were regularly bottom half of the table.

We changed ownership during 00/01. A season where we came 13th, made an FA Cup semi, 3rd round in the league cup and Rebrov with 12 goals was the top scorer. The captain pissed off to Arsenal at the end of the season.

10 seasons prior to ENIC.
10th, 15th, 8th, 15th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, 11th, 10th. One league cup. One FA Cup.

Since ENIC. Not including 2000/01.
9th, 10th, 14th, 9th, 5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. One league cup.

So average position of 10.8th the decade before. 6.22th since takeover.

All the while redeveloping the training base and player lodge. The Tottenham foundation building, pouring millions into the Noah’s Ark Hospice, completely overhauling the women’s team and most importantly delivering a state of the art, and envy of Europe, stadium that’ll progress us further.

You mean to tell me you’d rather be on the old course we were on? A bottom half team that snagged the occasional cup? Would not trade what we’re building towards for going back to that again.

You are so weird at times. Last season when we had to go through Watford, pikey’s, Woolwich, rent boys and then city just to win (and I quote) “a proxy league cup” you bemoaned the inequity in football with money. So you can see that clubs (ours included) are at a disadvantage to those with more money, yet can’t give respect to the owners who are building the club up from the foundations to make us bigger and wealthier in the future. Something Sugar should have done decades ago and we'd be much better off for it now had he done.

This current owner has been burdened with the responsibility of restoring what had become a listless club to what it once was, a proud club with a rich history of success, one that was feared and had the respect of the footballing world. These things take time and we probably won't see the fruits of their labour until the next owner, one with deep pockets and money to burn. Which will be possible thanks to the decades of hard work undertaken by these owners to build us back up as a club off the field, and to try and get us back to where we want to be and where we see ourselves belonging.

How bloody naive are you?

In 2001 we had what was becoming an outdated stadium. A s**t squad of players. s**t manager (s) and were regularly bottom half of the table.

We changed ownership during 00/01. A season where we came 13th, made an FA Cup semi, 3rd round in the league cup and Rebrov with 12 goals was the top scorer. The captain pi**ed off to Arsenal at the end of the season.

10 seasons prior to ENIC.
10th, 15th, 8th, 15th, 7th, 8th, 10th, 14th, 11th, 10th. One league cup. One FA Cup.

Since ENIC. Not including 2000/01.
9th, 10th, 14th, 9th, 5th, 5th, 11th, 8th, 4th, 5th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 4th. One league cup.

So average position of 10.8th the decade before. 6.22th since takeover.

All the while redeveloping the training base and player lodge. The Tottenham foundation building, pouring millions into the Noah’s Ark Hospice, completely overhauling the women’s team and most importantly delivering a state of the art, and envy of Europe, stadium that’ll progress us further.

You mean to tell me you’d rather be on the old course we were on? A bottom half team that snagged the occasional cup? Would not trade what we’re building towards for going back to that again.

You are so weird at times. Last season when we had to go through Watford, pikey’s, Woolwich, rent boys and then city just to win (and I quote) “a proxy league cup” you bemoaned the inequity in football with money. So you can see that clubs (ours included) are at a disadvantage to those with more money, yet can’t give respect to the owners who are building the club up from the foundations to make us bigger and wealthier in the future. Something Sugar should have done decades ago and we'd be much better off for it now had he done.

This current owner has been burdened with the responsibility of restoring what had become a listless club to what it once was, a proud club with a rich history of success, one that was feared and had the respect of the footballing world. These things take time and we probably won't see the fruits of their labour until the next owner, one with deep pockets and money to burn. Which will be possible thanks to the decades of hard work undertaken by these owners to build us back up as a club off the field, and to try and get us back to where we want to be and where we see ourselves belonging.
You need to stop dealing in absolutes. I’m not trashing Levy’s legacy completely, and I’ve acknowledged the good he’s done for the club on numerous occasions. But that good he’s done doesn’t give him a free pass on the mistakes he’s made. At the end of the day, the investment he’s allowed into the playing squad has not been enough. So many times over the last decade we have come up just short, and the added investment that didn’t occur could have made the difference. I don’t expect Man City type cash, and I don’t agree with the ethics of that anyway. But a club like Spurs should be investing more in the squad than we have - new stadium or not. This is why we have such a paltry return on trophies

I don't agree at all and will stand by it. The lower attribution of funds has to be down to the stadium and they shouldn't have to apologise for that or have it used against them. Barring 1 season where we bought no one (and poch rejected players) this club has done its best to add talent to the playing group.

You say free pass and I say unfounded subjective views. The last credible instance of the board not acting when it probably should have was the Nelson and Saha saga of 11/12.

From where I sit, that ancient faux pas and the failure to sign someone last season are used as key points of mismanagement and I think it's overblown in its use of those two incidents. Their effects on the club are lower than how it's portrayed is what I'm saying.

Investing more in the squad? Lol what?

Under Poch they have invested time into academy players like Kane, Winks and Skipp. Probably should do likewise with KWP but haven't yet. Those actions by Poch have saved the club probably 100m in transfers let's face it. That's 2CM's we don't have to buy and to get a 20+ league goal a season striker would have cost a fortune. Sure, they've also scouted cheap bargains over the years, even before Poch arrived. But let's not beat around the bush, under Poch we have numerous instances of the club record fee being broken. Sissoko (30m) equalled the record (Lamela). Sanchez broke it. Ndombele broke that. Officially Lo Celso won't break it but a 15m loan fee and 46-50m purchase next summer technically is outlaying more to buy him.

That's the pish that I will un-apologetically defend the club on. This notion that they haven't backed the manager. Maybe managers gone by. but not Pochettino.
They've backed him to the hilt, and have done over multiple windows.

This comes down to the pathetic and evidence lacking efforts to give Pochettino excuses for poor results. The meeting with the supporters trust shows that this so called refresh or rebuild is UNDERWAY. This idea that Poch was denied it by Levy is utter nonsense. We didn't need the whole squad overhauled this summer, and I've remained consistent on that, and this meeting shows that it appears not to be the plan ahead. The reshaping of the squad has started. Suggests it will continue again next year. So you have that to look forward to.

You all wanted Sessegnon even though I was indifferent. 27m spent.
Ndombele breaks the transfer kitty in a position and role we need. 60m spent.
Clarke is a promising youngster they've taken the punt on. 11m spent (needs a new loan though).
Lo Celso 15m loan and 46m option/obligation to buy. Potentially 61m spent.

That's €159m spent in one window. Greedy bastards after more.
Oh and that's with 70m set aside for Dybala had we been able to get around his image rights.

They backed him in the summer, and results have arguably got worse.
That's on the manager and the players. No one else.

The only thing worth taking from those fluff pieces is that the rebuild is going to take 2 or 3 years. I'm fine with that. But just come out and say it in the summer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Disappointing to not see a single kid make this list of 60

Would love for us to try and nab 5 or 6 of these kids nice and early for under 10m and get them worked in our famed academy/training centre.

Disappointing to not see a single kid make this list of 60

Would love for us to try and nab 5 or 6 of these kids nice and early for under 10m and get them worked in our famed academy/training centre.
Yet Dr G was just telling me how well we have done with our kids. To be fair though I do have hopes for Parrot and that kid at centre back. Chelsea have killed it with yoof though of late

I don't agree at all and will stand by it. The lower attribution of funds has to be down to the stadium and they shouldn't have to apologise for that or have it used against them. Barring 1 season where we bought no one (and poch rejected players) this club has done its best to add talent to the playing group.

You say free pass and I say unfounded subjective views. The last credible instance of the board not acting when it probably should have was the Nelson and Saha saga of 11/12.

From where I sit, that ancient faux pas and the failure to sign someone last season are used as key points of mismanagement and I think it's overblown in its use of those two incidents. Their effects on the club are lower than how it's portrayed is what I'm saying.

Investing more in the squad? Lol what?

Under Poch they have invested time into academy players like Kane, Winks and Skipp. Probably should do likewise with KWP but haven't yet. Those actions by Poch have saved the club probably 100m in transfers let's face it. That's 2CM's we don't have to buy and to get a 20+ league goal a season striker would have cost a fortune. Sure, they've also scouted cheap bargains over the years, even before Poch arrived. But let's not beat around the bush, under Poch we have numerous instances of the club record fee being broken. Sissoko (30m) equalled the record (Lamela). Sanchez broke it. Ndombele broke that. Officially Lo Celso won't break it but a 15m loan fee and 46-50m purchase next summer technically is outlaying more to buy him.

That's the pish that I will un-apologetically defend the club on. This notion that they haven't backed the manager. Maybe managers gone by. but not Pochettino.
They've backed him to the hilt, and have done over multiple windows.

This comes down to the pathetic and evidence lacking efforts to give Pochettino excuses for poor results. The meeting with the supporters trust shows that this so called refresh or rebuild is UNDERWAY. This idea that Poch was denied it by Levy is utter nonsense. We didn't need the whole squad overhauled this summer, and I've remained consistent on that, and this meeting shows that it appears not to be the plan ahead. The reshaping of the squad has started. Suggests it will continue again next year. So you have that to look forward to.

You all wanted Sessegnon even though I was indifferent. 27m spent.
Ndombele breaks the transfer kitty in a position and role we need. 60m spent.
Clarke is a promising youngster they've taken the punt on. 11m spent (needs a new loan though).
Lo Celso 15m loan and 46m option/obligation to buy. Potentially 61m spent.

That's €159m spent in one window. Greedy bastards after more.
Oh and that's with 70m set aside for Dybala had we been able to get around his image rights.

They backed him in the summer, and results have arguably got worse.
That's on the manager and the players. No one else.
Ok we are never going to agree so let’s just agree to move on. Try and avoid incendiary phrases like “gnashing off teeth” to avoid us getting stuck in this pointless tit for tat that’s now been done to death

Yet Dr G was just telling me how well we have done with our kids. To be fair though I do have hopes for Parrot and that kid at centre back. Chelsea have killed it with yoof though of late
Think those two are a year or two older than this 60. There's no reason at all that we couldn't bring in a quarter of that list of 60. Thats what clubs like City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Benfica, RB Leipzig, Bayern, Dortmund and Atletico Madrid do. Why cant we? Not all of them are out of our league

Ok we are never going to agree so let’s just agree to move on. Try and avoid incendiary phrases like “gnashing off teeth” to avoid us getting stuck in this pointless tit for tat that’s now been done to death
So Dr Levy isn’t incendiary? Or is that ok because I’m defending low uanging fruit?

So Dr Levy isn’t incendiary? Or is that ok because I’m defending low uanging fruit?
Fair enough it works both ways, but you did start this one which was ironic when you had just berated JD for keeping it going. We are too far apart on it to come to any agreement it seems so best to let it lie at least for a while

Jesus H Christ. Beggars belief really.

I said he was to blame for 11/12 and not Harry and there’s the proof - and it’s from a man who is obviously a Levy fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back