Bigfooty Yid Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

First one was stiff because Hojberg is a spud

But second one we are setup poorly, like we always are
Setup poorly because the goalkeeper is ******* invisible mate its infuriating. You can't defend corners when they can land the cross on the goal line and vicario is nowhere to be seen. All the corner taker has to do is land it on the penalty spot and it's a 50/50 between attack and defense to win the header.

You could get the best central defenders in the world there they won't win every header and the ones they aren't a headers from the goaline against a goalie who's defending from behind the line because he can't handle any form of contact.

Brilliant shot stopper but Vicario is one of the worst goalkeepers at corners I've ever seen

Arsenal are the best set piece team in the league. Both teams created 2 big chances from corners, difference was Romeros was from close to the penalty spot and then back post on an angle because Raya claimed anything closer. Meanwhile both of Arsenal's come from so close the keeper can't react because he refuses to be a goalkeeper in the air and waits behind his line.

You can't stop every header but right now every header comes from such a dangerous spot it's a very high percentage chance of scoring and that's the goal keepers fault.

Last edited:
Setup poorly because the goalkeeper is ******* invisible mate its infuriating. You can't defend corners when they can land the cross on the goal line and vicario is nowhere to be seen. All the corner taker has to do is land it on the penalty spot and it's a 50/50 between attack and defense to win the header.

You could get the best central defenders in the world there they won't win every header and the ones they aren't a headers from the goaline against a goalie who's defending from behind the line because he can't handle any form of contact.

Brilliant shot stopper but Vicario is one of the worst goalkeepers at corners I've ever seen
It's a coaches job to setup the team available to him. And he doesn't do well enough offering protection to cover players weaknesses. Not just at corners with Vicario. Heaps of players weaknesses get exposed with our setup. Comes down to the, "it's who we are, mate." I equally respect it for the long term, but get frustrated as it costs us points in the short term.

Ange won't budge. And eventually it has paid off for him at other jobs. Will it in the biggest league in the world? I hope so.

Ange wanted Vicario, so he has to, with his coaches find a way for him and our defenders to do a better job at set pieces. Simple as that.

Right now Ange is prioritising other things (who knows what) and has his reasons not to focus on the smaller details. He says small details are not where we are at right now. And we need to keep focusing on these other things. It's just hard to see what we actually do with all these days on the training pitch, when nothing really improves week to week. There were excuses when fit player numbers were low. Excuses early in the season adapting. But this back end to the season, with players available, has been our worst form. And questions rightly have to be asked, and many aren't answered within a season, I get that too.

Questions about Ange. His subs and team selections at times have been detrimental.

Questions about Jedinak and Mason.

Questions about the make-up of our back 5, who are all Ange types, so they need to improve themselves because we won't be upgrading any of them in the summer.

Questions about Maddison.

Questions about how to get Kulu into the side but in a role that suits him and doesn't hinder.

The only things we've probably answered this season are that we need a more physical 6. And we need speed on the wings

It's a coaches job to setup the team available to him. And he doesn't do well enough offering protection to cover players weaknesses. Not just at corners with Vicario. Heaps of players weaknesses get exposed with our setup. Comes down to the, "it's who we are, mate." I equally respect it for the long term, but get frustrated as it costs us points in the short term.

Ange won't budge. And eventually it has paid off for him at other jobs. Will it in the biggest league in the world? I hope so.

Ange wanted Vicario, so he has to, with his coaches find a way for him and our defenders to do a better job at set pieces. Simple as that.

Right now Ange is prioritising other things (who knows what) and has his reasons not to focus on the smaller details. He says small details are not where we are at right now. And we need to keep focusing on these other things. It's just hard to see what we actually do with all these days on the training pitch, when nothing really improves week to week. There were excuses when fit player numbers were low. Excuses early in the season adapting. But this back end to the season, with players available, has been our worst form. And questions rightly have to be asked, and many aren't answered within a season, I get that too.

Questions about Ange. His subs and team selections at times have been detrimental.

Questions about Jedinak and Mason.

Questions about the make-up of our back 5, who are all Ange types, so they need to improve themselves because we won't be upgrading any of them in the summer.

Questions about Maddison.

Questions about how to get Kulu into the side but in a role that suits him and doesn't hinder.

The only things we've probably answered this season are that we need a more physical 6. And we need speed on the wings
You can't just say it's Anges fault as a blanket statement. The recruitment team picked out vicario. Ange doesn't travel the world watching world football deciding his signings. As a ball playing sweeper keeper he has been excellent.

You didn't answer my rebuttal though you can't just say Ange should coach them better. Arsenal are a fantastically coached defensive side yet they gave up two headers to Romero. The difference is the positions of the headers. Vicarios refusal to come off his line means that the opposition can do in swinger corners over and over which is what every team does now and all they need is one to land on a player and it's a goal. That's poor goalkeeping not coaching. You can't make the CBs win every header. If you get beaten by a header at the far post then fine, if it happens regularly it's poor coaching. If you keep getting headers from the center of the goal on the goal line that's s**t keeping.

I would say what is Anges fault is that the fullbacks always pushing up into the forward line means there's no space for Maddison and Sarr/Bentancur to do anything.

If spurs are gonna build up so slow and wide next season they need an actual target man to cause chaos in the box because teams are just defending with 11 behind the ball then attacking the flanks on the counter, earning corners and set pieces and taking advantage

You can't just say it's Anges fault as a blanket statement. The recruitment team picked out vicario. Ange doesn't travel the world watching world football deciding his signings. As a ball playing sweeper keeper he has been excellent.

You didn't answer my rebuttal though you can't just say Ange should coach them better. Arsenal are a fantastically coached defensive side yet they gave up two headers to Romero. The difference is the positions of the headers. Vicarios refusal to come off his line means that the opposition can do in swinger corners over and over which is what every team does now and all they need is one to land on a player and it's a goal. That's poor goalkeeping not coaching. You can't make the CBs win every header. If you get beaten by a header at the far post then fine, if it happens regularly it's poor coaching. If you keep getting headers from the center of the goal on the goal line that's s**t keeping.
It's the collective which Ange heads up who signed Vicario, who train week in week out and allow the same goals to keep get conceded. I blame the lot of them. But just like when the plaudits come and the manager is lauded his way, so too should the critics.

To defend the same corner now for about 4 months is a joke. If a full time football operation can't work out some sort of routine to better protect their players then they will consistently be found out at this level. That's ange. That's Jedinak. Romero. VDV. And of course Vicario.

I would say what is Anges fault is that the fullbacks always pushing up into the forward line means there's no space for Maddison and Sarr/Bentancur to do anything.

If spurs are gonna build up so slow and wide next season they need an actual target man to cause chaos in the box because teams are just defending with 11 behind the ball then attacking the flanks on the counter, earning corners and set pieces and taking advantage
Exactly what I was saying about his poor starting XI. Must start Richarlison. We looked far better once he came on, if he didn't do a heap, his presence brings out the best in the system and his team mates. Unless he wasn't fit to play 45 mins, it's a poor decision playing the run away from the ball front 3

It's the collective which Ange heads up who signed Vicario, who train week in week out and allow the same goals to keep get conceded. I blame the lot of them. But just like when the plaudits come and the manager is lauded his way, so too should the critics.

To defend the same corner now for about 4 months is a joke. If a full time football operation can't work out some sort of routine to better protect their players then they will consistently be found out at this level. That's ange. That's Jedinak. Romero. VDV. And of course Vicario.
The plaudits come for his open play, not because he sets up brilliant corners.

Again the same corner gets conceded because the goalkeeper is piss weak and refuses to help his defence. It's literally impossible to win every header and if the Goalie won't help then it's just a matter of time before you concede. You can get the best set piece coach in the world he's not gonna train them to win every header and they'll still concede if the goalie stands behind his line

Exactly what I was saying about his poor starting XI. Must start Richarlison. We looked far better once he came on, if he didn't do a heap, his presence brings out the best in the system and his team mates. Unless he wasn't fit to play 45 mins, it's a poor decision playing the run away from the ball front 3
He hadn't played more than 15 mins for 6 games I dont think he was fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davies and Werner out for the season. Royal at LB you'd have to think. Doubt we have spent any time training a midfielder like Skipp to be a full back in the background. Maybe a Robson from the 21s steps in?

Kulu Richarlison Son as the front 3 please! Stiff on Johnson but we need Kulu to break their press. And we look better with Richarlison up front. And doubt we start without Son for a London derby.

what in the world is their bench

View attachment 1977634

Also Richo finally starts, yay
How many ******* injuries do they have lol. Maddison finally dropped. In fact the whole midfield has been changed it looks like, Ange not a happy camper.

You really have a bizarre crusade.
It's the hill Ange is willing to die on.

You claim its a GK issue solely.

As you see there, we have a set piece defending issue which the GK is a part of but not on his own in blaming. It's an issue ange doesn't think we have. It's going to cost him and us long term hitting the heights we should.

It's the hill Ange is willing to die on.

You claim its a GK issue solely.

As you see there, we have a set piece defending issue which the GK is a part of but not on his own in blaming. It's an issue ange doesn't think we have. It's going to cost him and us long term hitting the heights we should.
For corners it is. Now you want what? The CBs to stand on a guy at the far post and leave son to defend the centre of the goal? It's a header from basically the edge of the area. It's just a good goal that one not a goal to pump up your Ange issues.

For corners it is. Now you want what? The CBs to stand on a guy at the far post and leave son to defend the centre of the goal? It's a header from basically the edge of the area. It's just a good goal that one not a goal to pump up your Ange issues.
That's not that good of a goal. They isolated the RW with a 3 on 1. That's bad set piece setup. And should be stoppable

We are now 5th from goals conceded from set pieces. Which may not sound awful, I think it is anyway. But 80% of those goals have come in the 2nd half of the season after Ange/Jedinak/Vicario/Our Defence were first exposed by Everton.

On a goals per game ratio since that moment we shoot the lights out as the worst defensive set piece side in the league, and will concede over 30 goals from set pieces when extrapolated out over 38 games next season.

That's not that good of a goal. They isolated the RW with a 3 on 1. That's bad set piece setup. And should be stoppable

We are now 5th from goals conceded from set pieces. Which may not sound awful, I think it is anyway. But 80% of those goals have come in the 2nd half of the season after Ange/Jedinak/Vicario/Our Defence were first exposed by Everton.

On a goals per game ratio since that moment we shoot the lights out as the worst defensive set piece side in the league, and will concede over 30 goals from set pieces when extrapolated out over 38 games next season.
After vicario was exposed.
There was also a period of games with 4 fullbacks playing.

A header from the edge of the area isn't a good goal lol ok

After vicario was exposed.
There was also a period of games with 4 fullbacks playing.

A header from the edge of the area isn't a good goal lol ok
It's a good goal if the CB is leaping against someone over 170cm. Or just someone in general. A free header at the back post = bad defending.

Going to be very hard for Ange to show the progression he wants in season 2 when we are already 30 goals behind the 8-ball with set pieces

I know you and some spurs fans have green and gold ange goggles on and will never blame him for anything, but this stubbornness to try and solve our biggest defensive issue will cost him next season.

He's got a free hit this season to sweep these under the carpet. But if we don't show progression next season he won't be coaching in the PL the season after.

I want him to work just as much as anyone. But stubbornness to address an issue all other clubs have seen we have, will cost him. Unless of course we score 90+ down the other end which is what he is saying the aim is!

It's a good goal if the CB is leaping against someone over 170cm. Or just someone in general. A free header at the back post = bad defending.

Going to be very hard for Ange to show the progression he wants in season 2 when we are already 30 goals behind the 8-ball with set pieces
You keep saying back post lmao it was from the edge of the area. Romero missed one from the back post. Guess Chelsea should fire everyone aswell. Arsenal gave up 2 massive chances to Romero. Should fire there set piece coach aswell

Ange is right. The teams playing like absolute s**t at the moment, the midfields terrible none of them deserve a spot. Set pieces can be added later when the team actually figures out how to play again

Remove this Banner Ad

Back