Bill Shorten - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Control of the Upper House would be great so massive budget cuts can be made. Highly unlikely though. Plus, I don't think that Turnbull would have the kahunas to do the right thing for the country and slash spending to bring it back into budget!

lol..he could slash but he doesn't have a hope of bringing it to surplus.

Pollies don't earn enough but we also have to many of them.

Perhaps double or quadruple the pay but cut the number of them by half

don't earn enough? have a look at the working backgrounds of most of our pollies, mostly former lawyers, and lawyers talk shit all day for a living..much like politicians, oh, they're more than well compensated. Seriously. I have no problem with the RC but the government should tread carefully...ICAC, that's all I have to say.

lol..he could slash but he doesn't have a hope of bringing it to surplus.

don't earn enough? have a look at the working backgrounds of most of our pollies, mostly former lawyers, and lawyers talk shit all day for a living..much like politicians, oh, they're more than well compensated. Seriously. I have no problem with the RC but the government should tread carefully...ICAC, that's all I have to say.

would you put your family and self at risk for $100k-500k pa? Senior Pollies (senior portfolios) should be on $2m-5m pa the lowest pay at $250k-500k

would you put your family and self at risk for $100k-500k pa? Senior Pollies (senior portfolios) should be on $2m-5m pa the lowest pay at $250k-500k

Risk?

What risk?

Like a soldier risk, but you don't get all the insider privileges and board room appointments when you retire? Nor do you get shot at or blown up whilst serving.

Risk?

What risk?

Like a soldier risk, but you don't get all the insider privileges and board room appointments when you retire? Nor do you get shot at or blown up whilst serving.

I guess if you can't see it or understand it, you will never appreciate it.

I can't see it either, can you draw me a picture?

1194987026467993789fc02.svg

wtf you on about? the lowest paid backbencher is on $196,000 a year, base only! for 63 sitting days a year that's a good wicket.

I put myself at risk every time I get in my car and drive to work but it doesn't mean I should be getting $3500 a day. I'd love to know the risk they're putting themselves

wonder what Jamie Briggs' biggest risk is? being a ****wit or being a ****wit and having it brought to the attention of the PM? anyway, he'll still be on nearly $200,000.

Last edited:
wtf you on about? the lowest paid backbencher is on $196,000 a year, base only! for 63 sitting days a year that's a good wicket.

I put myself at risk every time I get in my car and drive to work but it doesn't mean I should be getting $3500 a day. I'd love to know the risk they're putting themselves

The biggest risk facing a pollie is to fight off anyone in the party who wants your seat. Secondly, anyone from the other party who wants your seat. Thirdly, suck up to the right group running the party to maximise your chance of promotion to the Cabinet. Forth, dont get caught on camera with the mobile phone, with the girlfriend, getting pissed, dancing on tables etc etc.

Its a tough job & someone has to do it:rolleyes:

The biggest risk facing a pollie is to fight off anyone in the party who wants your seat. Secondly, anyone from the other party who wants your seat. Thirdly, suck up to the right group running the party to maximise your chance of promotion to the Cabinet. Forth, dont get caught on camera with the mobile phone, with the girlfriend, getting pissed, dancing on tables etc etc.

Its a tough job & someone has to do it:rolleyes:

and if they should fly down the road in $5k helicopter they'll still keep their $200,000 pay cheque. not to mention that if they lose the seat they'll get the attractive pension.

wonder what Jamie Briggs' biggest risk is? being a ******* or being a ******* and having it brought to the attention of the PM? anyway, he'll still be on nearly $200,000.

$200k might sound like a lot but its F all for the task.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah...and ALL that RISK!!

can you think of any short term and long term risks for the individual and their families?

It'll be interesting to see if you can identify one or two. lol

I can think of short and long term risks in most occupations. Occupations that reward far lower than a pollie.

Oh.

lol.

:rolleyes:

well done but can you think of any for pollies? perhaps too hard?

Despite others asking, you still haven't detailed the risks.
Another one of your thought bubbles?

If it is too hard, I will provide assistance but I would hate to treat people like fools who can't think for themselves.

If it is too hard, I will provide assistance but I would hate to treat people like fools who can't think for themselves.
I don't mind help, please detail the risks.
Unless there aren't any and you misspoke yet again.
Didn't think you would avoid answering a simple question.

I don't mind help, please detail the risks.
Unless there aren't any and you misspoke yet again.
Didn't think you would avoid answering a simple question.

take a moment and think about the risks politicians take putting themselves in the spot light. There are some rockmelons out there who take things too far and would want to hurt the politicians and or there families.

many would also be taking a lower pay than they could otherwise earn in civilian life.

many also spend too long away from home, which puts their own family relationships at risk.

can you think of any others?

take a moment and think about the risks politicians take putting themselves in the spot light. There are some rockmelons out there who take things too far and would want to hurt the politicians and or there families.

many would also be taking a lower pay than they could otherwise earn in civilian life.

many also spend too long away from home, which puts their own family relationships at risk.

dumb_dumber-30353.gif

Fair dinkum:rolleyes:

You call that 'risks'?
Try talking about risks to people working on building sites, electrician, road works for less money and less super, you are a joke.
Said it before and will continue, get out a bit more and meet some real people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back