Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you whiteboy for educating me about what black people are going through. I'm assuming you're white, but I admittedly I could be wrong. But most of the protestors I see (including many vandals) appear to be white people.
Yes, I'm white. Though I will not be participating in any protest (or looting) over the Floyd issue, I can understand why white people would join both.
Are you serious? People under the influence of drugs can behave in unpredictable ways. Police who have experienced this may (rightly or wrongly) overreact when they see that someone is under the influence of narcotics. In this case, they clearly overreacted.
I'm glad you agree that it's not relevant in this instance, so lets move on.
Those who are mentally ill mistreat themselves, and others, IMO. There's really nothing you can do to help them. Best to help yourself and stay away from them if you can. They deserve sympathy, but that doesn't mean you should subject yourself to their psychotic episodes.
Presumably the police force have a lot of training in dealing with people who are on drugs and/or suffering from mental illness.

When did I justify murder? I was just asking the question.

Is it true that Floyd was a drug addict and a repeat criminal, yes or no?

Even if he was, that doesn't justify his murder, but it DOES make a mockery of the masses who are holding him up as some kind of innocent, squeaky clean, model citizen.
Where has it been claimed that? People are upset at his death. His criminal record has absolutely nothing to do with it. Justifying murder is bad.

Yes, I'm white. Though I will not be participating in any protest (or looting) over the Floyd issue, I can understand why white people would join both.
Yeah because looting and robbery are okay if the right people are doing it.

Where has it been claimed that? People are upset at his death. His criminal record has absolutely nothing to do with it. Justifying murder is bad.

You're allowed to be upset at his death, and Floyd deserves justice. But to elevate an (alleged) drug addict and repeat criminal to the status of hero/martyr is beyond ridiculous.

Seriously, a drug addict and repeat criminal has become the face of the left? Have they really stooped that low?

And you are using your white privilege to tell black people how they should feel about these issues, because you are so virtuous. Oh my God. You are so ******* virtuous. Holy s**t. It's unbelievable how virtuous people like the evolved one are. I wish I could be as virtuous as whiteboy Evolved1, telling black people how they should think and feel and shiyiet.

I'm glad you agree that it's not relevant in this instance, so lets move on.

No, I didn't. I was actually trying to state that him being an (alleged) drug addict makes a mockery of everyone trying to put him on a pedestal and elevate him to the status of hero/martyr. We wouldn't do that with your standard Kings Cross nutjob. Why does George Floyd get to be anointed the Patron Saint of Black Lives Matter?

Presumably the police force have a lot of training in dealing with people who are on drugs and/or suffering from mental illness.

I don't know. But if you were a police officer and had the unpleasant experience of dealing with unpredictable, maybe violent, drug addicts, you too may have overreacted if you came across someone who you believed was under the influence of drugs.

You're allowed to be upset at his death, and Floyd deserves justice. But to elevate an (alleged) drug addict and repeat criminal to the status of hero/martyr is beyond ridiculous.

Seriously, a drug addict and repeat criminal has become the face of the left? Have they really stooped that low?
Stop using left and right, this is an everyone issue. No one has elevated him to a hero. A martyr maybe, but not because of who he is but what his death represents. How infantile and argumentative do you have to be to ignore that?

Pretty pathetic to basically shrug off racism because he was a convicted criminal. At least we know what colour you prefer.

Stop using left and right, this is an everyone issue. No one has elevated him to a hero. A martyr maybe, but not because of who he is but what his death represents. How infantile and argumentative do you have to be to ignore that?

Pretty pathetic to basically shrug off racism because he was a convicted criminal. At least we know what colour you prefer.

When did I shrug off racism? Is it wrong that I think it's ridiculous that a drug addict and repeat criminal is being put on a pedestal by the likes of you?

When did I shrug off racism? Is it wrong that I think it's ridiculous that a drug addict and repeat criminal is being put on a pedestal by the likes of you?
The likes of me? Sure buddy, may want to check whatever you're taking and see if it gives you halucinations.

Answer this once and for all - Where has anyone put him on a pedestal and can you provide said evidence of this taking place? So far all I have seen is people using his death as a call to end police brutality against black people. That's it. You have also seemed to miss this question every time when quoting myself or Evolved1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Those who are mentally ill mistreat themselves, and others, IMO. There's really nothing you can do to help them. Best to help yourself and stay away from them if you can. They deserve sympathy, but that doesn't mean you should subject yourself to their psychotic episodes.

So you're suggesting we should put you on our ignore list?

All leftists see on their social media/news feeds are pic after pic after video after video of police brutalising peaceful protestors. All right-wingers see on their feeds are pic after pic after video after video of looters and rioters and people destroying cities.

Is your reality more accurate than someone else's just because your feed was algorithmically tailored to what you, personally, preferred to witness?

So in conclusion, extremists think in absolutes, has to be 100% one way or the other

Let's say it's true that the police "racially profile" blacks more than others. Why do you think that is? Do you think that it's because, aaaaah I don't know, blacks are disproportionately represented when it comes to crime?

The same way that, aaaaaaaaaaaaah I don't know, blacks are disproportionately represented when it comes to playing basketball, and so the average person could be forgiven for thinking that the average black person might be more gifted in playing basketball than a non-black person?

I think most people form their views/opinions based on their personality type. The Myers-Briggs test, IMO, is a very good method for explaining your personality and preferences. Those on the right tend to use logic/facts, and those on the left tend to form opinions based on their feelings. Countless people have stated this over and over again. Even AOC stated, "I think that there's a lot of people more concerned about being precisely, factually, and semantically correct than about being morally right." Those on the left might agree with this, but many on the right were completely flabbergasted that she could actually say such a thing.

Of course, it never occurred to her that what she perceives to be "morally right" is downright stupid or actually immoral to those diametrically opposed to her point of view.

In terms of these "bubbles" I keep referring to, I just happened to follow a few left-leaning individuals for non-political reasons, who then chose to voice their opinions on political matters, and it was amazing to me see what a completely different reality they lived in, and there was absolutely no, zero, none, zilch, nada chance of convincing them otherwise (and the same goes the other way).

Yes, and I think it's fair to say the whole act of engaging in protests has been completely counter-productive. Innocent lives/livelihoods have been destroyed (including, as you say, those of blacks/minorities) and many on the right who were willing to finally accept that blacks were unfairly treated by the police now look on in disgust at what is happening.

Think about it. Right-wing folks used to mock and make fun of Kapernick and his "take a knee" stunt. After what happened to Floyd, they were finally willing to step back and say, yes, maybe Kapernick had a point. But after these riots? Not a chance. Like I said, leftists were ahead by ten goals at the end of the last quarter but they wanted to play extra time, and they blew it. They ******* blew it!

It means I find it ironic that black people have the "privilege" of having crimes committed against them by other races taken more seriously (much, much, much more seriously) than crimes they commit against non-black people. That's one helluva "privilege".

Why do the grievances of blacks take precedence over those of other races?

The idea of the right being logical and fact driven is the biggest crock of s**t I have read for a while.

You go far enough extreme on either side it becomes emotive and not fact driven.

If the right were fact driven, we’d have taken action on climate change in the 80s, USA would have gun laws similar to ours, they wouldn’t give a s**t about gay marriage, or terrified of anyone different to them and wouldn’t have people coming out saying they’d rather die than see an economic slowdown due to covid19.

Now the left get all emotive about racism, as this current wave of the left have tried to out left the previous left, but going OTT with identity politics.

I am from the school of we are all the same and race doesn’t matter, which many on the left seem to think is racist in itself, as it denies the existence of racism, or something.

Calling people ignorant, professing you know the source of all the problems but with absolutely no idea how to address them...

What I expected, delusional.

This is what happens when I ask people what they actually want when they complain about this stuff.

“I don’t have the answers”

I am referring to people wanting to protest here in Australia about aboriginal treatment. 98% inner city lefties who are trying to make themselves feel good their “making a difference”.

Disclaimer: I’m a Labor voting centre left person, but believe emotive bullshit will get us nowhere. Need to tackle the socio economic factors which leave a large percentage of aboriginals behind the rest of the population. Ditto for black Americans and native Americans (who seem forgotten in this as they exist in lesser numbers).

Glad we agree ;)

There’s plenty of cops that love assaulting civilians, but we don’t know for sure whether or not the shoving cop here is in the same boat.

Scary that they’re so quick to resort to violence though. Why shove the old man at all? He wasn’t posing a threat. If he’s breaking a law then calmly detain him and/or move him on.

Plenty of cops who like abusing power, whether the person is black, white, green or purple.

"As of September 2019, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander prisoners represented 28% of the total adult prisoner population, while accounting for 3.3% of the general population."

Instead of protesting and wasting time, probs sort that out first.

............anyone bothered with the aboriginal domestic violence numbers and the correlation with incarceration yet?

This entire angle of the debate is futile until this is incorporated as a major problem that requires a solution.

............anyone bothered with the aboriginal domestic violence numbers and the correlation with incarceration yet?

This entire angle of the debate is futile until this is incorporated as a major problem that requires a solution.

Might be worth doing white domestic violence and lack of jail time for similar acts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back