Politics Black Lives Matter

Remove this Banner Ad

Antifa:

In my view, ‘ANTIFA’ may be more accurately described as a label, one whose misapplication has skyrocketed since pundits in the Anglophone made the Columbus-like discovery that yes, Virginia, there is grassroots opposition to the extreme-right. It’s also possible to distinguish between, on the one hand, formal, organised groups of anti-fascists — which are relatively few in number — and a broader milieu or movement, in which individuals occasionally participate, may (or may not) explicitly identify as ‘ANTIFA’, and/or for whom participating in explicitly anti-fascist political and organising projects is a function of broader political commitments. See : antifa notes (june 3, 2020) : notes on antifa.

So, in the end, there are a lot of different people whose ideas on instigating change don’t marry up with those of a lot of other people.

So what?

I just don't like when white people who are supposed to be progressive tell black people how to feel and act.
The white protesters should be there for support for POC not trying to be in charge.
Violence and destroying black businesses doesn't help them.

BLM:

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized political and social movement advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality and all racially motivated violence against black people.

BLM:

Black Lives Matter (BLM) is a decentralized political and social movement advocating for non-violent civil disobedience in protest against incidents of police brutality and all racially motivated violence against black people.

BLM is not a movement, it is an organisation.

All money donated to BLM goes to ActBlue charities which is a charity that funds democrat candidates.

3DA472E6-09F6-44C7-ABDE-1B49E4EC3693.jpeg

BLM is designed to create up-rest based on information that only black people have violence inflicted on them despite statistically it happens to all races

F18DEF96-D01E-4946-A734-2AA087DEC2B3.jpeg

CC3C53CE-0668-4D17-B530-C22143F3891D.jpeg

All money donated to BLM goes to ActBlue charities which is a charity that funds democrat candidates.

View attachment 977713

BLM is designed to create up-rest based on information that only black people have violence inflicted on them despite statistically it happens to all races

View attachment 977716

View attachment 977717
Do you really think BLM is just one big organisation? How is it set up in Australia? New Zealand? France? Germany?

Do you really think BLM is just one big organisation? How is it set up in Australia? New Zealand? France? Germany?
It is an organisation designed to influence people around the world on the narrative they portray.

It is an organisation designed to influence people around the world on the narrative they portray.
Yes, the various BLM people and overlapping, occasionally affiliated organisations are looking to change things.

This is not controversial.

Yes, the various BLM people and overlapping, occasionally affiliated organisations are looking to change things.

This is not controversial.
Well it controversial. The organisation uses a false pretence that influence the world to also use false pretences

Even here in Australia the death rate of indigenous Australians in custody is lower than non indigenous people. Using false pretences is hiding what the real issues are.

FFD4E9A1-377F-406D-99FB-9992C2FC73DA.jpeg

Shouldn't the denominator be the prevalence in the general population?

So with the deaths in the US - African Americans make up 13% of the population yet make up 30% of the people killed by police according to the chart.

It is most likely indicative of a number of factors (socio-economic, crime rates, police racism, availability of guns, etc) but let's not pretend that those numbers are the same.

Again with the deaths in custody - indigenous people make up 3% of the population of Western Australia yet make up about a third of the deaths.

There are a heap of factors that need to be accounted for (what crime where they incarcerated for, how did they die, how old were they, etc) but straight numbers in of themselves don't say a great deal.

For the record, I reckon there are troubling aspects of the Black Lives Matter movement (like armed militias, the looting, etc) but the numbers do suggest there is a problem somewhere that needs to be addressed.

Well it controversial. The organisation uses a false pretence that influence the world to also use false pretences

Even here in Australia the death rate of indigenous Australians in custody is lower than non indigenous people. Using false pretences is hiding what the real issues are.
Yes and the death rate in custody has been grabbed tightly by the right as an anti-BLM tactic.

Look at the data, which I've linked in this thread.

Indigenous deaths in custody and during police action are mostly caused by failure to render aid and failure to follow procedure.

That's the core of the deaths in custody and deaths through police activity issue.

Indigenous groups are more often disadvantaged and over-policed.

That's the core of the over-representation in prisons issue.

But this is framed by the anti-BLM element as a moral issue to be laid at the feet of indigenous population.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't the denominator be the prevalence in the general population?

So with the deaths in the US - African Americans make up 13% of the population yet make up 30% of the people killed by police according to the chart.

It is most likely indicative of a number of factors (socio-economic, crime rates, police racism, availability of guns, etc) but let's not pretend that those numbers are the same.

Again with the deaths in custody - indigenous people make up 3% of the population of Western Australia yet make up about a third of the deaths.

There are a heap of factors that need to be accounted for (what crime where they incarcerated for, how did they die, how old were they, etc) but straight numbers in of themselves don't say a great deal.

For the record, I reckon there are troubling aspects of the Black Lives Matter movement (like armed militias, the looting, etc) but the numbers do suggest there is a problem somewhere that needs to be addressed.
Agree strait numbers don’t paint the picture, that is what BLM use though.

For example in Australia 32% of women that end up in hospital due to domestic violence are indigenous. The issue isn’t simply saying indigenous people are over policed.

Yes and the death rate in custody has been grabbed tightly by the right as an anti-BLM tactic.

Look at the data, which I've linked in this thread.

Indigenous deaths in custody and during police action are mostly caused by failure to render aid and failure to follow procedure.

That's the core of the deaths in custody and deaths through police activity issue.

Indigenous groups are more often disadvantaged and over-policed.

That's the core of the over-representation in prisons issue.

But this is framed by the anti-BLM element as a moral issue to be laid at the feet of indigenous population.
I haven’t Specifically looked at the data you’ve posted but I’ve looked up various data myself like the statistic I posted above.

Agree within society more indigenous groups are disadvantaged, I don’t think anyone has denied this, but there are many people within these communities that need police protection.

View attachment 977713

View attachment 977716

View attachment 977717
It's uproar, or unrest.

Back to spamming this thread, I see.

It's uproar, or unrest.

Back to spamming this thread, I see.
What do you think of the donations to BLM going to ActBlue charities that funds democratic candidates?

Agree strait numbers don’t paint the picture, that is what BLM use though.

For example in Australia 32% of women that end up in hospital due to domestic violence are indigenous. The issue isn’t simply saying indigenous people are over policed.
No it isn't. This encompasses issues like disadvantage and lack of services like DV support and addiction rehabilitation.

View attachment 977811
Misrepresentation of statistics for duplicitous purposes.

Aboriginals account for roughly 3.3% of the Australian population (https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/p...es-strait-islander-australians/latest-release) yet represent 27% of the Australian prison population (https://www.alrc.gov.au/publication...mmary-15/disproportionate-incarceration-rate/). So (******* naturally) of course white people die in prison more than aboriginals do; they represent 27% of the prison population.

The questions are whether they're dying in prison at a proportional rate to their incarceration level, and whether they're going to prison at the same rates as non-indigenous australians.

What do you think of the donations to BLM going to ActBlue charities that funds democratic candidates?

So, no they don't, and no I don't think they do.

It's funny; that wasn't really difficult to check. Perhaps you could go back to twitter, find some more easily debunkable bullshit to spam in here, and get back to me with some startling new revelation.

Watch this space; your next post will be an attack, because 'never play defence' is how you roll. My question to you becomes, did you know that your source was false? If you did, why did you use it? If you didn't, why didn't you check something so outrageous? Are you really that credulous? Is there something else about your political beliefs you might want to share with everyone to allow us to help you reconsider them?

What do you have against democracy?
I’m all for democracy. One thing I’m against for our society is Marxism. Do you think people know where there donation money goes?

No it isn't. This encompasses issues like disadvantage and lack of services like DV support and addiction rehabilitation.
No what isn’t?

I agree there is a lack of services although I do have a friend who has changed his career the past 12 months working with indigenous DV abusers helping them sort their lives out before they get back to their communities. They do exist but agree not enough being done.

Misrepresentation of statistics for duplicitous purposes.

Aboriginals account for roughly 3.3% of the Australian population (https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/p...es-strait-islander-australians/latest-release) yet represent 27% of the Australian prison population (https://www.alrc.gov.au/publication...mmary-15/disproportionate-incarceration-rate/). So (******* naturally) of course white people die in prison more than aboriginals do; they represent 27% of the prison population.

The questions are whether they're dying in prison at a proportional rate to their incarceration level, and whether they're going to prison at the same rates as non-indigenous australians.

They (indigenous) are dying in prison at a proportional rate to their incaceration level.

They are being sent to prison at much much higher rates than non indigenous.

The focus should be reducing the rates indigenous people are being sent to prison.

Last edited:

So, no they don't, and no I don't think they do.

It's funny; that wasn't really difficult to check. Perhaps you could go back to twitter, find some more easily debunkable bullshit to spam in here, and get back to me with some startling new revelation.

Watch this space; your next post will be an attack, because 'never play defence' is how you roll. My question to you becomes, did you know that your source was false? If you did, why did you use it? If you didn't, why didn't you check something so outrageous? Are you really that credulous? Is there something else about your political beliefs you might want to share with everyone to allow us to help you reconsider them?
Where does the money go?

The problem that needs to be addressed is reducing the likelihood of

They (indigenous) are dying in prison at a proportional rate to their incaceration level.

They are being sent to prison at much much higher rates than non indigenous.

The focus should be reducing the rates indigenous people are being sent to prison.
There we go, reasonable and fact based. The question becomes how we do it.

This suggests year 10 levels of education, drug and alcohol problems and workforce participation are the key differences between aboriginal prisoners and the rest of both the aboriginal and white demographics.

A useful source on this stuff.

Opinion, but I don't disagree with it, and (more importantly) nor do the studies.

Our problems with race here are dramatically different than the USA's. Were I the people in charge of the Australian BLM movement, I wouldn't have hitched my organisation to their wagon, but it's their cause and their movement. I am in extreme support of exposing police violence and curbing excessive power and brutality, but to limit this to solely a racial lens limits the good that can be done by exposing such to the starkness of daylight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back