Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 23rd April …

Four Blues facing tests​

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.
Availability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Matt CarrollGroinContinuing on his modified program.
Return to play will be further assessed in Round 7. (Update: 26 March)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 23 April)
David CuninghamCalfAiming to be test to play next week. (Update: 23 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankConcussionProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 23 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsAchilles sorenessReceived a knock to Achilles on Saturday and was subbed out of the game.
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Billy WilsonConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.

How do you know questions havent/aren't being asked?
And i mean by people within the club, and not internet plebs like you, me and nearly everyone else here.
Seriously, try and apply a little bit of common sense here. This is a professional club run by some of the best men and women in their chosen fields. You don't think they would have met after this (and other incidents and discussed, amongst other things:
1. How did this happen
2. Was their any inclination that this was going to happen
3. Could it have been prevented
4. Is this related to his previous injury
5. We're the training loads right
6. Was this just pure, dumb bad luck

Or do you really think everyone just shrugged their shoulders and went about their business.

A little bit of critical thinking before posting the first thing that comes into your head would go a long way.

Sad for Jack and we all hope he gets back to his best, but point 4) above may have some relevance.

That doesn't mean anyone warrants criticism, but it may have been a ticking time bomb, particularly given the innocuous way he did it. The following posts are from the injury thread in October:

With JSOS stating he has a ACL misdiagnosed (on dyl and friends) is it a torn ACL? Will he get to play early next year or is he basically gone for 2024 too??
Partially torn ACL (same injury as Mitch Lewis)

The response is from iAsbestos.

It’s frustrating. Of course. You don’t get the luxury of picking your best 22 from a full list of healthy players. But injuries do happen, be it during the season or in preseason.

I like JSOS. Really do and wished he got to experience a finals win last year. But his absence can be covered and we saw it in the back end of last season. Not to say he doesn’t improve the team but I do feel we can cover him without compromising our premiership aspirations.

Fingers crossed that’s the end of our bad luck for the preseason.

happy judy garland GIF

How do you know questions havent/aren't being asked?
And i mean by people within the club, and not internet plebs like you, me and nearly everyone else here.
Seriously, try and apply a little bit of common sense here. This is a professional club run by some of the best men and women in their chosen fields. You don't think they would have met after this (and other incidents and discussed, amongst other things:
1. How did this happen
2. Was their any inclination that this was going to happen
3. Could it have been prevented
4. Is this related to his previous injury
5. We're the training loads right
6. Was this just pure, dumb bad luck

Or do you really think everyone just shrugged their shoulders and went about their business.

A little bit of critical thinking before posting the first thing that comes into your head would go a long way.
Benedict Cumberbatch Yes GIF by Amazon Prime Video

we all want our list as healthy as it can be - don't try to tell me a fully fit list at the business end of proceedings this year won't be good enough to win 17 - we'll be primed - allowing disappointment and rage over another lti to spill into accusations and demand for sackings, wholesale changes and recriminations helps no-one - are you really going to feel any better if russell is shown the door and someone else comes in? what happens with the next inevitable injury? it's nuts - people want to resurface the ground, mollycoddle the group up until round one so that we have no injuries, pull back on training intensity - that would leave us vulnerable to all sorts of horrible consequences - you can't foresee these things coming and you can't try to avoid them by running dead on the track - it's part of the dumb luck of the meat grinder we know as the best game in the world - one of the aspects that make it so awe inspiringly wonderful is its graceful brutality, the possibility a player will be hit, damaged, concussed, snapped, buried under 100s of kilos of bodies, smacked in the head from behind (accidentally or otherwise) or put out of the game by something that seems as innocuous as a butterfly landing on a leaf - the change of direction that's been done thousands of times since school days, the slight brush against a knee (see doc) falling weird, marking weird (see harry) spilling the ball near the fence and copping a level 8 glare from MrsEddieBetts (1 - 2 weeks) this s**t happens - I hate it, it guts me, but we have to somehow emotionally budget for it and take a fully healthy list almost as a bonus - we need to be healthy at the right time of the year, the way the swans have never really cared about results too early in the season, they accelerate towards the finals - we can do that too, as we did with so many of our players available towards the end of 2023 - I'd rather our blokes (don't get me started on women acls) are hardened and smashing fit going into the season and especially september fully knowing it may come at a cost - if there is any way we can reduce that cost I reckon it's naive of us to believe the club hasn't done everything in its power to find it and still is - shutup........

we all want our list as healthy as it can be - don't try to tell me a fully fit list at the business end of proceedings this year won't be good enough to win 17 - we'll be primed - allowing disappointment and rage over another lti to spill into accusations and demand for sackings, wholesale changes and recriminations helps no-one - are you really going to feel any better if russell is shown the door and someone else comes in? what happens with the next inevitable injury? it's nuts - people want to resurface the ground, mollycoddle the group up until round one so that we have no injuries, pull back on training intensity - that would leave us vulnerable to all sorts of horrible consequences - you can't foresee these things coming and you can't try to avoid them by running dead on the track - it's part of the dumb luck of the meat grinder we know as the best game in the world - one of the aspects that make it so awe inspiringly wonderful is its graceful brutality, the possibility a player will be hit, damaged, concussed, snapped, buried under 100s of kilos of bodies, smacked in the head from behind (accidentally or otherwise) or put out of the game by something that seems as innocuous as a butterfly landing on a leaf - the change of direction that's been done thousands of times since school days, the slight brush against a knee (see doc) falling weird, marking weird (see harry) spilling the ball near the fence and copping a level 8 glare from MrsEddieBetts (1 - 2 weeks) this s**t happens - I hate it, it guts me, but we have to somehow emotionally budget for it and take a fully healthy list almost as a bonus - we need to be healthy at the right time of the year, the way the swans have never really cared about results too early in the season, they accelerate towards the finals - we can do that too, as we did with so many of our players available towards the end of 2023 - I'd rather our blokes (don't get me started on women acls) are hardened and smashing fit going into the season and especially september fully knowing it may come at a cost - if there is any way we can reduce that cost I reckon it's naive of us to believe the club hasn't done everything in its power to find it and still is - shutup........

too much logic - get this outta here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you can't expect a fast paced paragraph to not come with some cost (or the odd double negative) no-one wants to lose the commas in our grammar but there it is...........I'm looking at ways of producing healthy content whilst retaining all forms of punctuation.......

you can't expect a fast paced paragraph to not come with some cost (or the odd double negative) no-one wants to lose the commas in our grammar but there it is...........I'm looking at ways of producing healthy content whilst retaining all forms of punctuation.......
No doubt posting is changing and getting faster each season…unfortunately commas and other punctuation marks have become collateral damage in this modern day fast paced posting.

No doubt posting is changing and getting faster each season…unfortunately commas and other punctuation marks have become collateral damage in this modern day fast paced posting.
absolutely, you're going to lose the odd hyphen or semi colon along the way, it's just the nature of the beast......

You were right though, Ea-nāṣir does sell bad copper

Perhaps you did. We have 3 players on our list with ACL injuries in the past 12 months. Questions need and should be asked. Are all these injuries just pure bad luck??
This appears to be 2024. Marchbank and Cuningham did their ACLs in 2022. Zac did his around this time last year I think.

You have to go into a season with fit players. You get fit by training and playing match sims followed by practice matches. You can't go into a season having wrapped your players in cotton wool in the hopes that by the end of the season everyone is fit and healthy and we're in a position to challenge for a premiership. Better to have injuries now than at the business end of the season.

Injuries are part and parcel for sports people. I did a partial hamstring tear of the big tendon behind the knee... playing cricket. I was young, fit and healthy. s**t happens.

So are we unsure or still blaming one person

Precaution?

He does

One servere injury

So now we are going back in history, but only for our club and no other?

Russell arrived 4 weeks before Doc's 2nd knee, yet has been on the park since then

Charlie had Knee issues before Russell arrived, now B2B Coleman's

Walsh isnt the first player to suffer a back injury, but who takes credit for his rehab and being the best player in finals

Martin and Marchbank have had issues since they were 16, is that Russells fault?

Smith, McStay, Hunt, Ashcroft are they bad luck, or bad high performance

Here is an interesting fact, more than 70% ACLs are non contact, more changing direction

Who is to blame?

And, why does every club have players getting injured, who is to blame?
Blame the bootstudder.

How about some friiggin Capital letters, punctuations and paragraphs…

Eyes got blurry, then dizziness…

Blacked out…

All in the first so many lines…

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back