Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Latest Injury Update 23rd April …

Four Blues facing tests​

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.
Availability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Matt CarrollGroinContinuing on his modified program.
Return to play will be further assessed in Round 7. (Update: 26 March)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: one week. (Update: 23 April)
David CuninghamCalfAiming to be test to play next week. (Update: 23 April)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Lachie FogartyWristCommenced running program.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 11. (Update: 16 April)
Caleb MarchbankConcussionProgressing through recovery.
Return to play to be assessed in Round 9. (Update: 16 April)
Jack MartinHamstringLow-grade hamstring last week. Will enter a conditioning block.
Availability: 5-6 weeks. (Update: 3 April)
Mitch McGovernHamstringAvailability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 23 April)
Jesse MotlopHamstringSuffered a further hamstring injury in recent days.
Availability: 4-5 weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Adam SaadHamstringMedium-grade hamstring strain.
Availability: six weeks. (Update: 16 April)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)
Zac WilliamsAchilles sorenessReceived a knock to Achilles on Saturday and was subbed out of the game.
Jacob WeiteringCorkAvailability: test. (Update: 23 April)
Billy WilsonConcussionProgressing through concussion protocols.

You're informed by a proven ITK that Jack is considered best 22. Voss played him at almost every available opportunity last year.

With 28 fit players now, every out is a concern, let alone one that is considered part of the best 22 by the decision makers.

Baffling albeit expected commentary.

I must have missed who stated Jack was lock, but being ITK doesn't mean it comes directly from the coach's mouth

Yes, Jack did play many games, games when a number of players were out injured, but was also dropped a number of times

Personally, I always saw him on the cusp, don't think that's disparaging

Ultimately, it's mostly opinion, similar to the varied opinions of guys like Newman

I must have missed who stated Jack was lock, but being ITK doesn't mean it comes directly from the coach's mouth

Yes, Jack did play many games, games when a number of players were out injured, but was also dropped a number of times

Personally, I always saw him on the cusp, don't think that's disparaging

Ultimately, it's mostly opinion, similar to the varied opinions of guys like Newman
this isn't the thread for this.

the count was best 22 (ish) players and how many games they've missed. argue about the relative merrits of players in the list management thread or start a thread about players 15-30 on the list.

Same s**t every damn year…two things need to happen

1. Move on more of the perennially injured and look to free agency to replace.
Didn’t go hard enough last post season, and yet again the same players are missing large chunks of matches after the miracles of second half of last season

2. It’s obvious, something needs to change off the field

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Lots of doomsday operators here.

We’ve lost 1 game,have some injuries and apparently now won’t win a game for weeks.

Have we not learnt anything over the past 9 months.Bit of belief please.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think supporters are entitled to feel frustrated at the lack of durability and an ever increasing amount of soft tissue injuries our players get throughout a season - specifically with the same players year in year out...
Ultimately, no matter what positive spin is put on it, injuries to best 22 players come back to haunt you.
Our current injury list is unacceptable.

Same s**t every damn year…two things need to happen

1. Move on more of the perennially injured and look to free agency to replace. Yes
Didn’t go hard enough last post season, and yet again the same players are missing large chunks of matches after the miracles of second half of last season

2. It’s obvious, something needs to change off the field It changed after Voss arrived and our approach to injury management has evolved again this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we have our best 5 players all available and playing.
What Is Wrong With You Outer Banks GIF by NETFLIX

I’ve said this many times and it’s unfortunate but we cannot continue to have quality injury prone players on our list especially with our age demographic.

Would happily move on the following:

Cunners
Martin
Marchbank
McGovern

Gov would be a watch for this year the other 3, as it currently stands I agree.

Gov played 22 out of 25 games last year, so wouldn’t be putting a line through him yet.

I’ve said this many times and it’s unfortunate but we cannot continue to have quality injury prone players on our list especially with our age demographic.

Would happily move on the following:

Cunners
Martin
Marchbank
McGovern

Gov would be a watch for this year the other 3, as it currently stands I agree.

Gov played 22 out of 25 games last year, so wouldn’t be putting a line through him yet.

List Management is :arrowright: way!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back