Injury Blue Healers Discussion - 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury Update 4th June …

Latest

Player

Injury

Update

Dom AkueiIllnessWas a late withdrawal from the VFL side on Sunday.
Availability: test. (Update: 4 June)
Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Matthew CottrellFootUnderwent scans which revealed navicular stress reaction. Club will work through rehabilitation plan in coming weeks.
Availability: to be reassessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 14 May)
David CuninghamCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Sam DurdinSorenessWas a late withdrawal from the VFL side on Sunday.
Availability: test. (Update: 4 June)
Jack MartinCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringExperienced a high-grade hamstring strain at training on Sunday.
Availability: 8-12 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Marc PittonetFingerAvailability: test. (Update: 4 June)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

Update 6th June …

Fantasia out injured - (AC joint sprain)

Jack Martin

1715761696899.png

First 2 seasons - youngster.
Next 4 seasons - good number of games played. Every player has an injury every now and then.
Arrives at Carlton - can't stay on the park.

Only became truly injury prone after he got here.

Our injury problem has really got to the point where it has to come down to training, preparation and recovery. Yes we have a group of injury prone players but it's looking more and more like the problem is something else and something we are doing wrong. You get this many calf and hamstring strains there is a problem with how the players are being managed.

Even if they are injury prone. Russell has had 6 years to figure out how to manage them.

Jack Martin

View attachment 1989726

Next 4 seasons - good number of games played. Every player has an injury every now and then.

Isn’t Cerra the same regarding hamstring injuries ?

Animated GIF

Jack Martin

View attachment 1989726

Rubbish

He was injury prone when he was at the Sun

Same as Gov at the Crows, same as Marchbank from 16 years of age, Cuners as a junior, same as Williams

Focus on the recruiter with these names

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rubbish

He was injury prone when he was at the Sun

Same as Gov at the Crows, same as Marchbank from 16 years of age, Cuners as a junior, same as Williams

Focus on the recruiter with these names
No. Its not rubbish and readily available data. 16-20+ games a season is not injury prone that's normal. I didn't say shit about gov. I don't need to talk about the recruiting strategy of finding players with injury history to get them cheaper. That's what Carlton did. It's done. We've also got this data to look at too and more

No. Its not rubbish and readily available data. 16-20+ games a season is not injury prone that's normal. I didn't say s**t about gov. I don't need to talk about the recruiting strategy of finding players with injury history to get them cheaper. That's what Carlton did. It's done. We've also got this data to look at too and more
So what was he doing with the 6 games he didn’t play every year. Twidling his thumbs at home?

He was injured constantly at the suns

Yes. Cerra is injury prone. We have a core group that are unreliable.

Always a combination isn’t it. No doubt we have injury prone players but there are reasonable question marks on our strength and conditioning. Brad Lloyd and Andrew Russell should be held accountable to some degree.

No. Its not rubbish and readily available data. 16-20+ games a season is not injury prone that's normal. I didn't say s**t about gov. I don't need to talk about the recruiting strategy of finding players with injury history to get them cheaper. That's what Carlton did. It's done. We've also got this data to look at too and more

He suffered calf issues while he was at the Sun, do some research

Yes. Cerra is injury prone. We have a core group that are unreliable.

Always a combination isn’t it. No doubt we have injury prone players but there are reasonable question marks on our strength and conditioning. Brad Lloyd and Andrew Russell should be held accountable to some degree.
Yes exactly. Balance. It isn't all one thing. It's clearly a mixture of all of it.

Scar tissue builds up though, so if there's a biomechanical issue that keeps creating a problem, scarring could work either for or against mitigating that.

On the plus side, there's absolutely no chance we've paid him anywhere near his maximum TPP estimate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back