- Availability: to be assessed following the Club’s Round 14 bye

Adam Cerra (hamstring)

David Cuningham (calf)

Player

Injury

Update

Matt CarrollGroinRemains on a modified program for at least another month due to groin soreness.(Update: 30 April)
Adam CerraHamstringAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Matthew CottrellFootUnderwent scans which revealed navicular stress reaction. Club will work through rehabilitation plan in coming weeks.
Availability: to be reassessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 14 May)
David CuninghamCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Sam DochertyKneeSuffered a ruptured ACL and torn meniscus in his right knee. (Update: 9 March)
Jack MartinCalfAvailability: to be assessed following the Club's Round 14 bye. (Update: 28 May)
Hudson O'KeeffeHamstringExperienced a high-grade hamstring strain at training on Sunday.
Availability: 8-12 weeks. (Update: 14 May)
Marc PittonetFingerDid not require surgery.
Availability: 1-2 weeks. (Update: 28 May)
Jack SilvagniKneeHas begun initial stages of rehab following surgery. (Update: 21 February)

Which is exactly my point.
Every player out there plays under duress every week we see corked thighs, loose shoulders, broken ribs.
Some play through it, others don’t.
Its much harder to play through a shoulder injury than it is a corked quad, especially as a defender. Plus corks can be absolutely crippling

Which is exactly my point.
Every player out there plays under duress every week we see corked thighs, loose shoulders, broken ribs.
Some play through it, others don’t.
Number of times Weitering has been subbed off prior to last night:

2024: 0
2023: 0
2022: 1
2021: 0

That's as far back as the data source I'm using goes (https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/carlton.html).

I'm not seeing a whole lot of support for your thesis in those numbers.

Number of times Weitering has been subbed off prior to last night:

2024: 0
2023: 0
2022: 1
2021: 0

That's as far back as the data source I'm using goes (https://afltables.com/afl/stats/alltime/carlton.html).

I'm not seeing a whole lot of support for your thesis in those numbers.
number of times subbed off is not an effective measure of a player’s ability to play with injury.

If you don't like my data, feel free to provide some of your own to back up your assertions.
It’s not that I don’t “like” your data - it’s just that quantitative data is not the most effective measure of an individual’s capacity to play through injury.
Im sure you are aware that Weitering has never played a full season of footy since being drafted - I could respond with the year by year numbers … but I also don’t think that’s the most effective measure of resilience either.
Prefer to base my view on what I’ve seen, read and heard. As I stated from the outset, I expected it would be unpopular.

It’s not that I don’t “like” your data - it’s just that quantitative data is not the most effective measure of an individual’s capacity to play through injury.
Im sure you are aware that Weitering has never played a full season of footy since being drafted - I could respond with the year by year numbers … but I also don’t think that’s the most effective measure of resilience either.
Prefer to base my view on what I’ve seen, read and heard. As I stated from the outset, I expected it would be unpopular.
You might want to double check that one.

View attachment 1993427

Came across this on the Carlton subreddit

Number of games missed by each teams “best 22”

Pretty dire
The saints being up there I think goes against the argument of getting rid of Russell mid year. They got rid of their fitness boss mid year last year, and as a result of the change of program (apparently), they had a mountain of soft tissue injuries over pre season, and in the early weeks of the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The saints being up there I think goes against the argument of getting rid of Russell mid year. They got rid of their fitness boss mid year last year, and as a result of the change of program (apparently), they had a mountain of soft tissue injuries over pre season, and in the early weeks of the season

I don't think we need to get rid of Russell. I think it is more likely that we have to change some of our strategies.

Tom Morris has reported:

No Weiters at training today, still a chance to play Saturday

Cerra jogging laps

De Koning was on light duties, club denied no hamstring strain but he wasn't doing much. At one stage he grabbed for the right hammy as he turned.
Most likely the De Koning hammy rumour has been confused. Sam DK went down with a hammy on Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back