Bluemour Discussion Thread III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see us getting rid of Jones after the stance we made on contracts..even though it will obviously be paid out.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can I get perspective from you guys:

Nicky Graham - I rated him highly in 2015, especially him working in tandem with Crippa he looked like he was building and our midfield fell apart. Thought he was going to take the next step last year but barely got a look in and he seems like the first on the chopping block. What do you see that he's missing - I thought he could become a serviceable foot soldier. Thoughts?
Graham is a really interesting one. We're screaming out for midfield depth, if you look up "midfield depth" in the dictionary, there's a picture of Nick. And yet he still can't cement his spot...

Ball in hand, with a little time and space, he can be devastating to the opposition. Also tackles well. But just not enough strings to his bow. He seems super skilled but one of those "almost" players...

Would love to see him get a real good run at it. The rest would be up to him I suppose...

Can I get perspective from you guys:

Nicky Graham - I rated him highly in 2015, especially him working in tandem with Crippa he looked like he was building and our midfield fell apart. Thought he was going to take the next step last year but barely got a look in and he seems like the first on the chopping block. What do you see that he's missing - I thought he could become a serviceable foot soldier. Thoughts?

I like Nick. I think he still has a lot to offer.
What I like about him, is that he is a goalkicking midfielder, he does like to win his own ball and he does get to multiple contests. Where he lacks is foot speed and outside run and carry. I think Lamb and Wright pushed him out because similar types but I wouldn't be delisting him as he can play.

It looks as if we are after Dean Towers watch this with space...

You're giving me the impression you know what you're talking about.

So.........what have you got? :)

He'd be playing the year out as a 27 year old. No spring chicken but we have seen that we don't mind take the more mature DFA's

Fair enough.

Now, what about the Tuohy for Marchbank trade ?

Right call or wrong? And no qualifiers about him getting over his injuries.

Is that trade one that should have been done?

Love Touhy but I think it's a no brainer..a big yes from me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is mediation not arbitration. Mediators take out the emotion and remind both parties what they have to lose and gain by the deal. They aren't forcing anyone to accept anything.
I meant that they would be forced to accept 25 as a fair trade. Not that they have to make that trade

All I ever read on this forum is "they will be good depth" or "we need more depth players" which always bemuses me because if every player spoken about was for this "depth" purpose, then that would be all we'd have on the list.

So some serious questions for everyone to answer :

1. How do you define or constitute what a "depth" player is ??

2. How many "depth" players should you have on a playing list ??

3. Who are the players at Carlton considered to be "depth" ??
Depth players are players who are good enough to play AFL where needed but are not best 22.

If you go off a best 22 of

FB: Weitering Marchbank Plowman
HB: Dochert Rowe Simpson
R: Kreuzer Cripps Gibbs
C: Cuningham E.Curnow Murphy
HF: Sumner Casboult Wright
FF: Silvagni McKay C. Curnow
Int: Thomas, Palmer, Phillips, Pick #5

Then depth players would be

Simon White, Dennis Armfield, Sam Kerridge, Jed Lamb, Andrejs Everitt, Nick Graham, Jarrod Pickett, Pick #25 etc who could come in and give you decent performances to keep your side going.

Depth players are players who are good enough to play AFL where needed but are not best 22.

Simon White, Dennis Armfield, Sam Kerridge, Jed Lamb, Andrejs Everitt, Nick Graham, Jarrod Pickett, Pick #25 etc who could come in and give you decent performances to keep your side going.
No love for Byrne???

I know he is injured, would still be best 22 I would have thought.

Byrne will likely miss half the season at best and then need another few weeks of VFL. It's more of our Best 22 come round 1 we need to worry about versus best 22 come round 23.

I get where you are going with that structure and it's about where I am at with the plan .......... however ............

Some of the names in your Best 22 should be in your Depth Squad and some of the Depth Squad shouldn't even be at the club anyway.

We still have some way to go to get to that magical "Premiership 30".

I get where you are going with that structure and it's about where I am at with the plan .......... however ............

Some of the names in your Best 22 should be in your Depth Squad and some of the Depth Squad shouldn't even be at the club anyway.

We still have some way to go to get to that magical "Premiership 30".
Yeah well obviously we still have another offseason of trades to come in before the list starts to truly look like a budding premiership side. But unless ive forgotten anyone major from the list that'll be our side for most of the year.

Yeah well obviously we still have another offseason. But unless ive forgotten anyone major from the list that'll be our side for most of the year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sadly that will be our side for next year with the only changes being if we acquire a short-term FA or one of the draftees can play from the get-go.

Sadly that will be our side for next year with the only changes being if we acquire a short-term FA or one of the draftees can play from the get-go.

I would expect Pick 5 and possibly 25 to be ready if not close barring injury.

Also get a good run into Charlie C and hopefully get McKay in and that really does lift us as 4/22 is a little under 20% of the entire team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back