Bluemour Discussion Thread IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sensible statement to make on the subject. Showing we're still open to the idea if we "have to", but not to seem as if we're pushing for one.

If the AFL ignore our plight Lo Giudice miss-fired badly.
I've never seen a CFC on its knees so low. Obviously we can't get any worst we'd be 0 17 losses . Our administration is incompetent and not in touch with reality and the pain of supporters.
I say maximize whatever benefits and schemes available from the AFL it's ludicrous, and unless Silvagni, Brodie & Agresta can pull a rabbit or two out of the hat it won't be much better next year.
Pontificating and deliberating the high moral ground in principal is just absurd and incompetent.

If the Lloyd we are targeting that tencentpiece was referring to is the list manager of Freo, the little discussion between SOS and dickhead-Lloyd on Footy Classified about personal conflicts may have something to do with it...

Shandog - "Moderator" ?? :think:

You changed, Man. You used to be about the people. And shitting Volkswagens when frustrated by unfolding events.

I don't mind the idea of getting brodie/scrimshaw from GC but only for the right price.

My prime worry with Brodie is do he have enough speed in view of having kennedy/crippa/sps and his disposal.

If you get Brodie then can you also get Wallis who if being judged as a pure midfielder I view as a slightly better skilled Ed.

Dahlhaus I don't have a problem with because he kicks goals and is quick.

Think we should look at some of those uncontracted Tiger shrimps.

I was worried about Brodie's speed also. Watched him in his recent 24 disposal game - had some speed actually and broke from clearances a couple of times. Not elite quick but definitely not slow.

I think Stengle is worth consideration as an out of contract small forward project player from the Tiggers.

If we could manage to somehow convince Lloyd and Dahlhaus to jump ship that'd be great. Combine that with another bigger bodied/mature-ish (at least a couple of years in the system) midfielder like Brodie, Tyson, Wallis (doubt you'd get 2 Dogs and my preference for the future would be Dahlhaus) while still maintaining a strong presence in the early part of the draft (preferably 1, 2-6 still good, don't want lower than say 8/9) then that'd be a pretty good outcome.

according to some on here, it won't matter if we apply or not... we ain't getting one.
How can we not get one when, if we don’t win another game this season, we will have won 25 games in the 5 seasons btw 2015 and 2018.
Brisbane got one at the end of 2016 having won 34 games in the 5 seasons btw 2012 and 2016.

The AFL May rabbit on about its “not one size fits all” when it comes to special assistance but those stats speak strongly in favour of us getting a PP.

You're asking for the best of both worlds in a system that has finite resources (draft picks and players) to use as commodities. You simply can't keep all your assets and both bring in the top end talent from the draft and best-22 players through trade over a three year period. It's not possible.
I wanted to say that - but you said it so much better than what I could have.

Shandog - "Moderator" ?? :think:

You changed, Man. You used to be about the people. And shitting Volkswagens when frustrated by unfolding events.
Mod for SRP - they won't let me anywhere near a real board with these powers...

The same people rabbiting on about a PP, like it is some kind of "white hope" are he same people that are complaining SOS is not selecting the right footballer (with said PP). Then cast other aspersions, like we don't develop, we don't have a game plan, the coach has lost the dressing room etc etc

For some, it is just wanting a win, any win, winning a free kick, winning a game and now winning a PP

Love the short term views

Last edited:
Has anybody confirmed whether the Lloyd that was referred to was Mathew's Brother, Brad, for Football GM? Or Jake Lloyd, the player for Sydney Swans?

Would obviously take the player. Reservations on the Brad Lloyd for Football GM, as I believe we should be taking an experienced head, with runs on the board.

Has anybody confirmed whether the Lloyd that was referred to was Mathew's Brother, Brad, for Football GM? Or Jake Lloyd, the player for Sydney Swans?

Would obviously take the player. Reservations on the Brad Lloyd for Football GM, as I believe we should be taking an experienced head, with runs on the board.
Sydney

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things still reek of damage control to me ("I don't see both as long term prospects"). Lloyd was right to question the continual recruitment of such types. That point seems to refute Silvagni's idea of trying to build to a premiership instead of simply scraping into the finals and not getting any further. We can't afford to be recruiting players who we pretty much know won't be part of any premiership push, not at this stage. Don't get me wrong, I think SOS is capable but we can't afford to be sloppy and eat up our trade resources when we should be developing youngsters and trading in 'best 22' types. I know it's easier said than done but our aim should be heading towards a list which doesn't need such a high turnover rate. You can't simply limit the number of players delisted, it doesn't work like that.

Only get 1 pick per round - generally speaking. Getting players we want for cheap, by taking on salary (while we’re struggling to hit cap floor)..

Lloyd (and your alternative): pay more for a Plowman, in the expense of going to draft and getting elite talent. Take “untried” rookies..

Question: okay, which mature age rookies? How many picks / rounds are there in rookie drafts? Why would you use ND picks on mature age rookies?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The same people rabbiting on about a PP, like it is some kind of "white hope" are he same people that are complaining SOS is not selecting the right footballer (with said PP). Then cast other aspersions, like we don't develop, we don't have a game plan, the coach has lost the dressing room etc etc

For some, it is just wanting a win, any win, winning free kick, winning a game and now winning a PP

Love the short term views

Very simple ArrOw, IMHO and I'm not pontificating but end Ist round is jutified in our predicament and it would equate to, Jake Lloyd, Sydney Swans. How does not improve our situation?
If Brisbane Lions qualified for an assistane PP 19 end 2016 seasons, we surely are do in 2018.

Very simple ArrOw, IMHO and I'm not pontificating but end Ist round is jutified in our predicament and it would equate to, Jake Lloyd, Sydney Swans. How does not improve our situation?
If Brisbane Lions qualified for an assistane PP 19 end 2016 seasons, we surely are do in 2018.

Im not really keen on pps. But pick 19 would make a difference. You're right. It would secure Lloyd.

Would also love:
Brayshaw (Melb)
Brodie (Suns)

FAs
Wallis
Dahlhous

Keep pick 1 and use it on Walsh/Lukosius/Rankine

Lets not kid ourselves. We qualify for a pp. Why not just get it. Adding lloyd would be massive

Brisbane had 5 young players wanting out at the same time.

We, through a calculated plan, made a choice, to low ball, trade out, senior players such as, Gibbs, 2E, Henderson etc

The circumstances are completely different

Brisbane had 5 players wanting out at the same time.

We, through a calculated plan, made a choice, to trade out senior players such as, Gibbs, 2E, Henderson etc

Think Gibbs, Henderson, Bell at least wanted out. Could also make an argument that Betts wanted out in the past 5 years. There was an offer on the table and he decided to go elsewhere. Believe it was approx 50k less a year we offered him (if i remember correctly) and he choose to leave. I maybe missing more names in that time who wanted out rather than sent packing.

I don't think players wanting out should make any difference anyway

Circumstances, shmircumstances.......the AFL criteria across a range of areas - academies, the draw, free agency compensation, priority picks are so compromised, so ropey as to be meaningless: it's all discretionary! - what needs to be conveyed to them is that Carlton's struggles mean supporters are dropping off permanently, leading to lower TV audiences, lower TV revenues (next time round) and a lower bonus for Gil. This last point will really cut through. Carlton has (had?) a massive latent support base that needs to be re-energised lest another generation of supporters is lost to the game. A healthy Carlton is good for the AFL. Ergo Gil gets more pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back