Bluemour Discussion Thread VIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was easy for us to do that when there was no draft or salary cap.

Why do you think the salary cap was brought in anyway ??

Two main reasons actually.

The first was to stop Collingwood & Richmond from going broke as they kept buying & trading players at ridiculously overpriced amounts and the second was to stop us from being the unstoppable juggernaught we were.

During the old days, it was a rarity for clubs like the Saints to play finals, some clubs were never going top be successful.

Now, it is a even (albeit contrived) playing field that we have up until just recently, completely refused to accept & abide by.

Sorry but no.
We went to the draft before this so called ‘reset’ and you’ll find we stuffed it up!!!
We have had more no.1 picks, top 10,20 and round 2 picks then any other team over the past 20years. Fact.
It’s just the one trade, in Judd, that makes everyone feel all warm and fuzzy that they keep bringing up this statement. Our no.1 picks are legendary in the new system .......

Yeah look. We are not getting any stars while in the state were in.

It's just a watered down messiah complex that we have always had.

The only way we get some star free agents, is to pull ourselves out of this on our own, with bit part players and draft picks until we at least look like attacking the 8, then and only then will a gun or two come our way. Thats the sad reality of free agency now.

The only way we get some star free agents, is to pull ourselves out of this on our own, with bit part players and draft picks until we at least look like attacking the 8, then and only then will a gun or two come our way. Thats the sad reality of free agency now.
Absolutely spot on.

Nothing sad about it. It’s reality. The problem is I’m worried either the club is blindfolding the supporters with their FA statements or even worse they truly believe the sh1t they are sprouting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've posted this before, but it's why although we will still target guys like gaff, realistically it's the guys on a tier below we should also go hard for now...they are realistic.

I'm talking about guys in the mould of hibberd, melksham and caddy...solid, big body mature players who are above average and play a clear role. All three were traded for second round picks. They would be really useful for us.

Guys I put in that bracket who are realistic targets are dahlhaus, cam Guthrie and hugh greenwood.

I think dal is gettable for more money and length of contract.

Guthrie injured but also may be expendable from geelong...was already pushed out of their midfield so we can guarantee midfield time.

Greenwood has been a rookie revelation at adelaide. He's 26. He may be prepared to move for a bigger contract since its his last chance to cash in.

There's more out there, great if we could get 2 of these types as I don't think we will get a star like gaff or Sloane.

We have absolute no chance getting any free agent guns! Our only way up is to sign Crippa and C Curnow on on long term deals asap
and to keep goin to the draft and getting the best talent into the club and getting younger players from other clubs that aren't established players and want more opportunities Moneyball style

Exactly and us supporters just need to except it and be patient

Nothing sad about it. It’s reality. The problem is I’m worried either the club is blindfolding the supporters with their FA statements or even worse they truly believe the sh1t they are sprouting.

Surrey .. couple of quick questions ....
Do you think out list is as bad as people (or should I say results) think? Discuss.

In your opinion, do you not think we can attract FA's? Discuss.

Has our back of house gotten better or worse? Discuss.

I reckon he’s a bit of a rat bag

Before he had played a game for us he made a comment about liking the free drink cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back