AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea
Someone remind me why we need McGovern when we have Curnow,McKay
DeKoning, Kerr and J and B Silvagni
We need mids mids mids and class ones
And some quality smaller forwards
Because talls are the most valuable commodity in modern football, hard questions about who you trade in the future given 3 players are CFC family, but you buy for 1 pick and sell for 2, its what keeps us at the pointy end in 4-5yrs time. McGovern would help development and is best 22 all day long
Reckon JSOS wont be a forward anyway, will rest forward but I'm tipping he'll be a mid/utility.
Agree entirely with the mids,mids,mids- they will becoming.
SOS will look like part Einstein part Nostradamus when he starts to sell players :)

Not yet but there all young and most will be better than McGovern

SOS has done a great job with our list over the past 2-3 years. Now is about adding more young talent, mature bodies and building quality depth.

I rate McKay Charlie TDK Kerr highly but now they need to start competing for spots. Having depth and competition for spots will only help us go to the next level. I believe that's where we now sit. It's what all good clubs have.

Because talls are the most valuable commodity in modern football, hard questions about who you trade in the future given 3 players are CFC family, but you buy for 1 pick and sell for 2, its what keeps us at the pointy end in 4-5yrs time. McGovern would help development and is best 22 all day long
Reckon JSOS wont be a forward anyway, will rest forward but I'm tipping he'll be a mid/utility.
SOS will look like part Einstein part Nostradamus when he starts to sell players :)

Not really, talls were more valuable commodities in the past.

Someone remind me why we need McGovern when we have Curnow,McKay
DeKoning, Kerr and J and B Silvagni
We need mids mids mids and class ones
And some quality smaller forwards
Saying why would we chase McGovern when we have Jack Silvagni is like saying why would we chase Dylan Shiel when we have Ed Curnow

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saying why would we chase McGovern when we have Jack Silvagni is like saying why would we chase Dylan Shiel when we have Ed Curnow

Kills me inside when i read about how awesome TDK, Kerr, Silvagni x 2 are better or will be better than established first 22 players on teams light years ahead of us.

SOS must be up all night with all the 1st round picks and All Australians he's being offered for our awesome key forward stocks.

Let's be honest jsos has struggled with the rigors of afl football this season ..if we are to kick on I just dont see a spot for him in the best 22 ..I hope he can prove me wrong because I like the guy ..his one of the nicest guys you will ever meet .
I'm pretty sure that, if we're honest, Jack is hardly alone there. Maybe a single player has gotten any form of continuity, but that'd be about it.

Jack's issues this year are overblown by the fact that he's played as a small forward, an attacking mid, a defensive mid, a small defender, and a tall defender, all without the benefit of having trained/being prepared for it. He's had to learn six/seven different patterns and systems, and most of the time it's been entirely due to a complete lack of other options.

What I'd want from him is, over this preseason, for him to duct-tape himself to Cripps/Ed and to do the running required to reach AFL midfielder levels of fitness, and to work with Cripps and our midfielder development coaches for better ways to get the ball and dispose when inside a stoppage situation, as well as spending considerable time in the gym to make him strong enough to break tackles.

He has the size and the scope to be very strong, and he absolutely tore Sydney apart in that first half against them. Maybe it's a one off, and he'll never get that high again or get to any kind of consistency, but we'd be remiss if we didn't try.

Talls still are the most valuable comodities

Yet apparently all will be better than McGovern, even if most have shown less so far

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
McGovern isnt as good as Curnow now and has 2 possessions a game on the McKáy and TDK'(small sample size)despite being 4 years older and playing in a better side. Pretty happy to back Harry in to have the better career. Too early to say on TDK

I get the feeling McGovern will be part of a deal that gets Adelaide pick 1. could Adelaide trade a crouch and McGovern plus pick 7 for pick1?

from the murmurings from those in the know it seems as though if the right deals came along we'd trade quite a number of our picks this year. I'm all for it!

McGovern isnt as good as Curnow now and has 2 possessions a game on the McKáy and TDK'(small sample size)despite being 4 years older and playing in a better side. Pretty happy to back Harry in to have the better career. Too early to say on TDK
I recall seeing Gov in the backline taking a few excellent contested marks late in Q4 for the Crows. Really think he's just a good all-round footballer so could play anywhere between the arcs and be our swingman, allowing Marchy, Weiters and our spine to settle. Kind of like Hendo was but better.

McGovern worth Pick 16-20 in my book, given his contracted status.

So much hinges on where a priority pick falls though.

Ideally we want to retain Pick 1 or 2 for Walsh.

Picks = 1, 3, 26, 27
- Trade 3 for McGovern, 10 and 21. Do Adelaide do that for Rankine?

Picks = 1, 2, 26, 27
- Trade 2 for McGovern, 10 and 16. Do Adelaide do that for Lukosius?

Picks = 1, 10, 26, 27
- Trade 26 and 27 for McGovern and knives, let Adelaide on-trade those as best they can?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back