Bluemour Discussion Thread XIII - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Future 2nd

Yup.. and keep 2019 1st for next year’s trade period, to couple with future 2020 1st to dangle at the likes of Kelly, Whitfield, Coniglio, etc...

Hmm SOS and co, with Lloyd’s past experience, may actually know what they’re doing?!?! Or do we go with the BF panic list managers to drive this thing....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So realistically Adelaide gave away Pick 40 and future 3rd for McAdams.

I can see how this trade worked out.

We needed Sydney to be involved and well done to them as they have done well out of it.

We get our player and a future 3rd pick for the two 2nd rounders and a freebie.

Welcome Mitch McGovern!

Except ACL’s at his age suggest it might re-occur eg Johnson, Patton, Menzel etc
I suspect someone would have already made this statement (I'm 30 pages behind...) but his ACL was an impact injury, it didn't just let go... I suspect this is somewhat less of a concern than Doc's...

No, please clarify, what does MM + Fas actually release?

Alternative mindset is that it leaves a capable forward line intact when we have a tall push up the wing.

Curnow pushes up the wing, McKay gets locked down
McKay pushes up the wing, Curnow gets locked down.

Adding Gov and Fas means when one of the others (or Gov himself) moves up the ground, we've still got three marking players to kick to, which should allow us to spread the defense and create opportunities for goal.

Now if we can teach Polson how to be a small forward, or get Lebois on the park and involved, we could be onto something solid.

Worst case scenario, if it doesn't work, we just cut our losses with Fasolo and go a bit smaller.

We need to turn pk1 into multiple 1st rd picks, with one of those in the top 3.
How do we achieve this?
Port? GC?
Perhaps even add in next years 1st as well, see what we can get
Interesting... SEN currently talking about Port having 10,11 and potentially 7 ( Wingard). GC have 2 and 3. We have pick 1 and potentially Jones to trade to GC (May cover?). Would love to see something happen here that can see all parties get their man as well as us landing another first rounder. Not impossible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So realistically Adelaide gave away Pick 40 and future 3rd for McAdams for a 5th round downgrade

I can see how this trade worked out.

We needed Sydney to be involved and well done to them as they have done well out of it.

We get our player and a future 3rd pick for the two 2nd rounders and a freebie.

Welcome Mitch McGovern!

My opinion on an opinion based forum. If you don’t like, don’t reply.
Your opinion has very little to do with it. Your posting style and frequency does. I would suggest sorting that out ASAP. Keep spiraling and I'd bet you end up without the ability to share your opinion.

You would have to assume that we have worked this out with GWS already. It would make no sense to go to them now and start talking about Setters.
Really?
Seemed we threw a fair bit at shiel believing we got over the line

Finally caught up, wow!!! people saying trade period is already a failure? serious? we miss out on Shiel and it turns to s**t. We got reamed re McGovern etc..

Hard facts
  • There is no magic wand
  • we came last
  • What 26 Yo player in their prime who has gone through many seasons at GWS would want to go through it all again when he could only have a possible 4 years of good footy left in him. Plus i dont see many big names knocking our doors down nominating us. It was amazing we got so close with Shiel. But everyone has a limit on their budget and SOS wasn't prepared to offer No. 1 which would have resulted in GWS encouraging him to nominate us.
  • Lets knock back MM cos he is overvalued, at this stage I dont see any other forward with similar potential nominating us. Midfield is our main priority but our FWD line is our second.
  • Fasolo - Could be a bust but again after every game review this year there were melt downs in regards to not having a small crumbing forward. So what is the risk giving him a shot for 1 year. He is well down the pecking order at filth but can still play and is better that what we currently have at this stage of development. We have been courting and speaking to many players behind the scenes No one else has nominated us.
It seems that some assume we just need to approach players make them an offer negotiate the hell out of the other team because SOS is a magician. And got help if it perceived we pay overs or fail.

We are coming form a very log way back, at least we are trading responsibly and not selling the farm. We obviously put a value on potential targets and if the said trade is outside our budget or plans then we dont proceed. We still have pick one and as SOS has alluded its not up for trade unless there is a offer we couldn't refuse.
Hard Facts? We urgently require ready made midfielders. Why are we targeting MM when clearly thats not our most pressing need. It wouldn't matter if we have Lynch, Brown & Kennedy in our forward 50 with the limited supply our midfield provides. Absolutely livid with this trade. We wont win more than 5 games next year based on what we've bought in and yet were trading future picks and ready made players the AFL have provided us.

We could have had pick 1 pick 13 plus Mcadam in a super draft instead of getting MM. Get two elite midfielders with these selections.
Super draft is overrated, it's only the top 8 picks or so that are seen as top tier. Instead we get a potential matchwinner in the right age instead of getting another skinny midfielder that we have to wait on.

Additionally we wouldnt have gotten pick 13 without this trade going down as Sydney needed Adelaide's pick 40 to agree, so pick 13 is a moot point.

I don't like the fact we are pick poor at present. We shouldn't be taking 1 pick in the first two rounds when rebuilding. Regardless of the whole we need to be adding a certain age bracket I don't rate this scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back