Bluemour Discussion Thread XVI - Facts Not Welcome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

If true (according to the latest) and Kennedy isn’t getting a game/being punished for ‘liking’ a post, something is seriously wrong at the club!!

For that reason, I’m choosing to not believe the rumour. Also for the fact that he wasn’t getting a game even beforehand.
If it were my son were about to nominate for the draft, or sign up with a club, i'd be strongly urging him to consider writing in a qualifier into his playing agreement; stating that he agrees to abide by the players code of conduct to the extent that it does not diminish his right to publicly express his religious belief. Barrett's insistence that Kennedy needed to explain himself on that issue is a indication that the AFL has been given far to much power over players.

If it were my son were about to nominate for the draft, or sign up with a club, i'd be strongly urging him to consider writing in a qualifier into his playing agreement; stating that he agrees to abide by the players code of conduct to the extent that it does not diminish his right to publicly express his religious belief. Barrett's insistence that Kennedy needed to explain himself on that issue is a indication that the AFL has been given far to much power over players.
Agree with you about the contract stipulation; as much as I despise what Folau said, he's now lost his livelihood.

However, Barrett is a mouse with the pretense of a lion, without any of the accompanying roar. He has no power to make Kennedy do anything, and that's as it should be.

I wouldn't be surprised if that rumour were true, not a good look at all and he represents the club. Plenty of workplaces have similar social media policies, let alone ones with employees who have a public profile.

Look from what I've been told from people that would know is that Bolts has a bit of an issue with micromanaging his coaches. This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone because we've heard it before, so I can certainly see some truth in the rumour but the way its written suggests it is all crap. Bolts most pressing concern is a lack of good assistant coaches so I'm certainly intrigued with how this all plays out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

from - get this - a first time poster called don't shoot the messenger - I **** you not

Mail regarding our coach being extremely stubborn:
- hiring nuffie assistants so he can have supreme say
- concerns around them being hired based more upon lower seniority and won't white ant him for the job
- this is the reason walls was brought in and BB was not happy
- players like him but lack respect and are annoyed about the boundary line game plan
- kennedy should not have liked that post

as per the username........... dont shoot the messenger

this will attract more coders than a cosplay in a forest...........
Thats funny. It reminds me of people lying about there age, saying they are 40 when they are 50.
So everyone thinks you are 40 but look like a sunbathing avocado for 40.

If true (according to the latest) and Kennedy isn’t getting a game/being punished for ‘liking’ a post, something is seriously wrong at the club!!

For that reason, I’m choosing to not believe the rumour. Also for the fact that he wasn’t getting a game even beforehand.
I asked that as a question when it first happened, as I think he's an idiot for doing it, and I was assured by a few ITK that that wasn't a case. If there was a punishment on being a moron on social media it would not be 5 weeks of punishment. People are getting bored.

from - get this - a first time poster called don't shoot the messenger - I **** you not

- concerns around them being hired based more upon lower seniority and won't white ant him for the job
- players like him but lack respect and are annoyed about the boundary line game plan

If it annoys you that much Thy why do you even respond to it, let alone take the time and effort to re-type it, as well as take the piss out of the poster. Just leave it if it bothers you that much?

You and your mates on here shouldn't venture into the Bluemour thread, because unless it's a "Coniglio wants to come to us" rumour you do nothing but take up pages of rolling your eyes at the post count of the poster and calling everything rubbish. It's like listening to a bunch of washed up lawyers trying to discredit the witness.

What the poster suggested is nothing that far-fetched. Crap like that goes on in footy clubs all the time, it's just that maybe they don't have the most eloquent writing structure and haven't been on BigFooty for 12.5 years therefore what they posted shouldn't be discussed. It's funny how you white-knight this whole boars for discrimination against women, umpires, plants and floor rugs yet you're the biggest snob on here - discriminating against anyone with a post-count below 10,000 or an IQ perhaps below yours.

Now that's off my chest, on the rumour:

The Assistant fiasco is a newie, although David Teague is pretty well-regarded isn't he? Having thought about it the Walls appointment does sort of make sense, it was random but now looking at the assistants and their experience most definitely none of them could or would 'white-ant' Bolton.

Very positive to hear the players like him, that's half the job done. If he can sort out the game plan, wins will come and respect will grow.

Would take a pretty petty human to deny Kennedy of doing his job because of an Instagram like/Religious beliefs.

You would tell your son not to play AFL if he can't talk about God on social media in a way that offends others?

If it annoys you that much Thy why do you even respond to it, let alone take the time and effort to re-type it, as well as take the piss out of the poster. Just leave it if it bothers you that much?

You and your mates on here shouldn't venture into the Bluemour thread, because unless it's a "Coniglio wants to come to us" rumour you do nothing but take up pages of rolling your eyes at the post count of the poster and calling everything rubbish. It's like listening to a bunch of washed up lawyers trying to discredit the witness.

What the poster suggested is nothing that far-fetched. Crap like that goes on in footy clubs all the time, it's just that maybe they don't have the most eloquent writing structure and haven't been on BigFooty for 12.5 years therefore what they posted shouldn't be discussed. It's funny how you white-knight this whole boars for discrimination against women, umpires, plants and floor rugs yet you're the biggest snob on here - discriminating against anyone with a post-count below 10,000 or an IQ perhaps below yours.

Now that's off my chest, on the rumour:

The Assistant fiasco is a newie, although David Teague is pretty well-regarded isn't he? Having thought about it the Walls appointment does sort of make sense, it was random but now looking at the assistants and their experience most definitely none of them could or would 'white-ant' Bolton.

Very positive to hear the players like him, that's half the job done. If he can sort out the game plan, wins will come and respect will grow.

Would take a pretty petty human to deny Kennedy of doing his job because of an Instagram like/Religious beliefs.

It wasn't a very nice reception. All I did was pass on some information I had. It was 100% true. In fact I toned it down as not to offend the sensibilities of some of the community here. I thought that some may be interested. Kennedy's initial punishment was 6 weeks. They kept it quiet for obvious reasons.

As for the the other points raised, I applaud their loyalty and dogmatism, but I wouldn't be assuming that their IQ's are higher. Quite the opposite really, the funniest part is that their Left Wing ideology in no way aligns with the Carlton Football Club.

One last question I would ask them, how many games have any of them played for the Carlton Football Club? I'd say it's less than me.

No more rumours I'm afraid, I don't need the character assassination for bringing some inside mail.

It wasn't a very nice reception. All I did was pass on some information I had. It was 100% true. In fact I toned it down as not to offend the sensibilities of some of the community here. I thought that some may be interested. Kennedy's initial punishment was 6 weeks. They kept it quiet for obvious reasons.

As for the the other points raised, I applaud their loyalty and dogmatism, but I wouldn't be assuming that their IQ's are higher. Quite the opposite really, the funniest part is that their Left Wing ideology in no way aligns with the Carlton Football Club.

One last question I would ask them, how many games have any of them played for the Carlton Football Club? I'd say it's less than me.

No more rumours I'm afraid, I don't need the character assassination for bringing some inside mail.
Or you could prove yourself and earn respect rather than be a sooky lala?

Fair enough mate - thanks for the input regardless. Feel free to PM me any other juice you have 😊

Always generally skeptical of first-time posters in the Bluemour thread, but this doesn't seem too off-the-handle

Nope!

That said, I highly doubt Kennedy is being punished for liking this stupid post

I agree, ive liked stupid posts before just because thats what they were. Theres been a massive over reaction to this.

Having said that, the AFL is not a platform for religious or political beliefs. Its a sport, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back