Bluemour Melting Pot XIX - Give Me Ed Baby - Return of the Prodigal Son

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep Walsh produces the occasional clanger - he also gets the hard ball and the outside ball, makes more tackles and runs more meters by 35-40% more than any other first year player - giving himself 35-40% more chances to produce a clanger - BAD BOY!!

Nothing in this universe exists to suggest Smith will be better long term than Walsh (or Caldwell for that matter) other than pie in the sky speculation.

Caldwell rated top 5 by SOS is good enough for me to spend a future first on.

Ive seen a few people go with this statement and it makes me wonder. SOS stated he rated Stocker top 6, supposedly Caldwell 5th and picked Walsh at 1, which means there are only 3 places to fill with either Luko, Rankine, M.King, B.KIng, Rozee, Smith, Thomas, Jones, Blakey.

Its just doesn't add up to me, unless SOS is drafting on need and then it makes perfect sense, not sure how he could have Caldwell and Stocker at 5 and 6 and Walsh at 1 with all of those other names missing out.

Ive seen a few people go with this statement and it makes me wonder. SOS stated he rated Stocker top 6, supposedly Caldwell 5th and picked Walsh at 1, which means there are only 3 places to fill with either Luko, Rankine, M.King, B.KIng, Rozee, Smith, Thomas, Jones, Blakey.

Its just doesn't add up to me, unless SOS is drafting on need and then it makes perfect sense, not sure how he could have Caldwell and Stocker at 5 and 6 and Walsh at 1 with all of those other names missing out.

Easy - first, chop out the talls and the Jack Watts wannabe - so there goes the King twins, Blakey and Luko.

Rozee and Rankine - go home factor?

That cuts it down a tad?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walsh has amazing will, but at times not giving that first outlet does hurt team momentum, but he combats that by taking the game on as you mentioned

It's a fine line

Smith is also an accumulator, maybe not to the same level, but his efficiency is elite

He might try to do too much at times but that is a part of learning. He will only improve on his decision making and the fact he takes the game on shows his confidence.

Smith also looks a good player but I just can’t see him reaching Walsh’s heights. I haven’t seen a player like Walsh just come into the league and dominate and he is only going to get better especially with his mindset.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He might try to do too much at times but that is a part of learning. He will only improve on his decision making and the fact he takes the game on shows his confidence.

Smith also looks a good player but I just can’t see him reaching Walsh’s heights. I haven’t seen a player like Walsh just come into the league and dominate and he is only going to get better especially with his mindset.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Think you are selling some of the others short, especially with their hurt factor

Smith has already show he has way more hurt factor, came off a limited preseason with an achilles injury

Sure we can reassess it in a couple more years

Time you show respect, sunshine.

Arrow, has cred, knows his stuff, and he passes on his opinions for free.

No need for abuse.
Don't sunshine me petal.

We all have opinions,. live with it.

So this is a feudal system is it?

And feel free to highlight where I abused anyone sunshine?

By saying "amazing analysis" or that Bailey Smith will be better than Walsh?

i'm not on the pipe tonight....:p

If you or others want to pin assessments based on one year, I can roll out countless rising stars that never finished close to the best in their draft years

More than happy to reassess it with you in year's to come, if you are still around that is

Easy - first, chop out the talls and the Jack Watts wannabe - so there goes the King twins, Blakey and Luko.

Rozee and Rankine - go home factor?

That cuts it down a tad?

The general consensus is and SOS has said it many times, at the pointy end of the draft, you pick best available. I think a lot of what's said is just fluff, SOS stating he rated Stocker at 6 and Caldwell at 5.
It makes sense to me if assessing mids or our needs but not if you're including taels. Max King was touted as a clear number 1 until his knee was done and many had Luko at 1.

Or maybe SOS just rates players a lot differently to others, which concerns me, considering some of the bad choices he made with high picks at GWS.

If you or others want to pin assessments based on one year, I can roll out countless rising stars that never finished close to the best in their draft years

More than happy to reassess it with you in year's to come, if you are still around that is

Reflect, you started this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back