Bluemour Season Blast Off Edition XXXIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see us bringing in any Hawks. We need small forwards and small defenders now to complement the squad.

I wouldn’t completely rule out Voss wanting to bring in say Mitchell or Wingard. Mitchell would change our midfield style dramatically to having more possessions than our opponents. Maybe Voss would prefer that given our key forwards - wanting to retain possession as we find the best forward entry.

I agree with most on here that 3-4 years of Mitchell is probably not worth it but Voss and our team know better. Personally I would keep our future first in case we need to make a big play end of 2022 for a gun player who justifies two firsts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

🧐 pick 17 seems lucky
For our future first? Unlikely. You would want to get a 2nd rounder in there as well at a minimum.

If we're going to unpack your's and Reg's clues, one/some high profile Hawks are on our radar (as subtly mentioned in Kennet's/Cleary's tweet). This will only happen if we trade back into to the first round of the draft.

If we're giving up a future first then I want whoever makes this decision to be fully accountable, this is a high risk trade. We wouldn't be doing this unless we're confident we can make the top 4 in the next couple years.

Damian Barret must have an agenda with us,never anything positive to say.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
IF:

You listen to anything Damian Barrett has to say and believe it…

THEN:

Uppercut yourself repeatedly

Loves to hate on Carlton. Clickbait journo who shops in the bargain bin at specsavers.

I wouldnt be too happy bringing in Mitchell or any other mid at this point.
Its time we focus on our younger players and development.

With Cripps, Walsh, Kennedy, Ed Curnow, Hewett, Cerra, Fisher, Setterfield, Cunningham that provides enough 'coverage' for the younger players to develop or to thrust them into the midfield while also having enough AFL readiness to compete for finals.
Put our time, effort, and midfield minutes into Carroll, Kemp, Stocker, Dow, Philp, Obrien.

Bringing in an O'meara and or Mitchell, isnt going to put us over the edge and its possible Its going to come back to haunt us later on through draft picks and or salary cap, or worse (and most likely) not giving time and resources into our younger midfield group.

Tom Clurey is on a heavily back ended contracted. We will not want to pay that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be absolutely ****ed off if that is it for us in trade week. This is our time of year and I will not be denied. I expect that right up until the deadline we are doing stuff. I done care even if we are upgrading pick 123 for pick 121. As long as we are “winning” and making shit happen that is all that matters!

I will be absolutely f’ed off if that is it for us in trade week. This is our time of year and I will not be denied. I expect that right up until the deadline we are doing stuff. I done care even if we are upgrading pick 123 for pick 121. As long as we are “winning” and making sh*t happen that is all that matters!
This.

Is Wingard really any good or just a show pony that does some things nicely sometimes?

He is a ****ing show pony. The only Hawthorn player I would genuinely contemplate is Luke Hodge or maybe the red headed bloke who is trying to pretend he is blonde but has some absolute stupid in him.

I can't see us bringing in any Hawks. We need small forwards and small defenders now to complement the squad.
So what is Wingard?

To be honest (and this is all new speculation) a player who plays every game, for a relatively weak side, earns 25 Brownlow votes in said weak side - is certainly worth getting in, at any age. Top sides, and any successful side for that, have more than 1 centre, 1 ruck rover, 1 rover in their team/squad. Depth/Competition also creates better performance. If Mitchell is available you go after him - hard. Mitchell is an accumulator and field general. He also has a strong professional relationship already with two on our squad. I would give up our first rounder post haste for Mitchell. There’s also rumour that he was a strong Clarkson advocate.

I personally think it may be Wingard as there was news of him causing issues amongst younger players with his direct leadership.
JOM - maybe, but don’t see it.
Gunston - 5 years ago maybe. BRI for mine.
Breust - slowing down so no.
Sicily - in your dreams. Next captain.
Day - Hawks future.
Impey - ???

4 years of Mitchell in this squad right now is 1000% worth it.
How can you possibly say that when you don't know the price or the impact on our salary cap? The last thing we want to do is ruin this build by taking on a battered, ageing star on high wages. You only need to look at the pies last year to see how quickly things can combust.

Forget Mitchell or JOM and look for opportunities to either improve our draft hand or target a need and grab one of the bargains that always pop up - see Treloar, Stephenson, Hicky, Allir last year or Bruce, Keath and Langdon the year before. We are in a good spot that we have finalised our main trades and can be patient and sit and wait...

I love Luke Sayers! :D

I cant tell if he is just passionate or he is trolling opposition supporters calling us a "destination club" in some of his tweets. That's sure to ruffle some feathers lol.

Better for Sayers to pull his head in and get onfield results first....it is a year too early to be issuing self congratulatory tweets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back