Club Mgmt. Board of Directors as led by President Dave Barham

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
He was assistant defensive coach for two years. Even in 2020 when he was running match day he was still the defensive coach during the week.

On top of that I know a bit about coaching. 14 years worth. Different level but same principal. Assistant coach at under 18 level under 2 different coaches. Development coach for the under 21 players with the seniors and reserves. Was at a successful Division 1 club that won flags at all levels during that time. I did the level 2 coaching course. I would never be a senior coach as I preferred to do more one on one work with players and not have to motivate the whole group. I understand some blokes do not translate into senior coaches and it seems that may be the case with truck but as I said he was also the defensive assistant yet our blokes could not get it.

Finally. Truck never got a chance to * off the players. They where top end players so he had to try and work with them to start with and they where contracted. Most coaches get at least 3 years in full control to build the list. I think the lesson here seems to be do not hire your coach from within. Knights , Rutten , Teague , Shaw .

Yes he is proven and will have that aura about him that is an advantage. He will still have to build the culture over 3 or 4 years.
I dont think we disagree on much apart from how long Truck has been given to make his mark. The handover was a mess and he has been used as a scapegoat. I was happy for him to be given another pre season and see how we looked next year. Not to be.

You do have a limited liability of $20 from memory, which made me think the auto renew memberships they gave to snowball I were interesting

Yeah but this is far removed from equity like a share holder.

The 20 bucks is essentially a refund on the money you paid that year.

The talk on that podcast from RoCo regarding the aboriginal and female treatment at the club is the most troubling stuff.
Mistreatment of fans, mistreatment of female staff and mistreatment of the aboriginal programs.
All leads back to 1 person
Can we actually start a petition to get campbell out of our club.
I’d rather him gone tomorrow than the hiring of clarko

i actually still cant fathom the media actually think Essendon have come in late and all that rubbish - isnt it clear to most this has been rumbling for a while?
Is it? Maybe some of the coteries sounded him out but I'm not certain the club itself has.

Mistreatment of fans, mistreatment of female staff and mistreatment of the aboriginal programs.
If this is true then his position is untenable.

David Noble as CEO please

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where has this come from? Source?

Worth a listen, even though RoCo has become a miserable c**t (Hello to RoCo who is on here regularly too)

Can you blame him? 20 years of the shyte the clubs dished up, and I'm not just talking about on the field, would be enough to make most of us miserable campaigners when it comes to footy.

Where has this come from? Source?
Listen to the podcast above^
Apparently heaps of female executives have left the club recently and it will be one of the focus points of the external review, with it raising eyebrows with people on the board.
The aboriginal programs have been given little time and resources recently to which the point the afl are thinking of taking the tiwi zone off us, and then you just have to look how few indigenous players we have on our list.

Can you blame him? 20 years of the shyte the clubs dished up, and I'm not just talking about on the field, would be enough to make most of us miserable campaigners when it comes to footy.
Especially since he is probably far more aware of how ****ed things are than us and can't really do much about it

Nah I can’t blame him & he’s probably as miserable as the rest of us, just with a better platform to express his feelings. Just find him to be completely obnoxious on that podcast. Was a big fan of his prior to that

Remove this Banner Ad

Back