Brad Hill: Overweight, slow and a tad soft

Remove this Banner Ad

Terrible player.
As an act of good faith we will take him back & give you acres šŸ˜‰

What are your thoughts on acres? He had a uber uber preseason but struggling in his return from injury.
Mate, I've always felt that he just won't get there, Acres. I don't think he has the hunger required. He looks like he might come good once or twice a year, then goes missing. He has a good set shot, a handball to advantage that can open up the game, but not much more. He looks stronger than he plays, field kicking iffy. But hopefully the best is ahead of him.

I agree that he's underperformed this year but he's not slow or unfit.

Even if you just look at this game right now, he currently has 29 sprints which is the most on the ground. 2nd place only has 18. He also has the most repeat sprints, furthest distance ran at high speed and the fastest recorded sprint.

yeah, well, you can prove anything with facts, canā€™t you?

Hill isn't that soft for an outside player. He was a lot softer when he was at Hawthorn, but has improved his inside game a bit since then. A very good player and I wish he'd have come back to us (although not at level of money Saints are apparently paying him).

Many of the outside guys who build a lot of their game on elite endurance seem to be down on output this year. Seems pretty clear the shorter quarters are making it harder for them to exploit their main asset, as opponents can much more easily stay with them for the full quarter when they are shorter. A great pickup for Saints and will look even better next year when the quarter lengths go back to normal.

Dead set horrible tonight he was. And we are a team he enjoys feasting on!
Must be carrying an injury or something, or maybe as the OP stated, just outright out of shape completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints arenā€™t getting much bang for their buck considering what they paid at the trade table and the $ Hill is on.

When the team is winning you can fly under the radar a little. Reckon heā€™ll be in the sights of fans and media this week.

Saints arenā€™t getting much bang for their buck considering what they paid at the trade table and the $ Hill is on.

When the team is winning you can fly under the radar a little. Reckon heā€™ll be in the sights of fans and media this week.

I think the original poster is very astute. Tonight 5 possessions / 74% game time. 900k/17 = $53K/game, = $10,600 / possesion tonight. or 30 full season memberships per possesion tonight :oops:

Last edited:
That play when Tuohy outran him to mark at half forward - when Hill was in a better position to play the ball - and Hill just watched him run on and set up a goal was disgraceful.

Immediately thought of this thread when I saw that. Totally dispiriting for team mates to see an 'effort' from a senior player like that.

Massively off what he was offering us last year. He was winning ball on the inside and out, setting up goals, wondering if Saints asked him to bulk up abit? Definitely put weight on. Hope he's not just using Saints for a 900k meal ticket. Looking good for Freo at the moment considering we got Serong and Aish with the picks we got for him.

Still back him to come good though, loved watching him play for us. :'(

1597115888995.png

Massively off what he was offering us last year. He was winning ball on the inside and out, setting up goals, wondering if Saints asked him to bulk up abit? Definitely put weight on. Hope he's not just using Saints for a 900k meal ticket. Looking good for Freo at the moment considering we got Serong and Aish with the picks we got for him.

Still back him to come good though, loved watching him play for us. :'(

View attachment 932706

On this years form I'd say Aish is outperforming BHill let alone what Serong is doing as a first year player.

I don't wanna rip too hard into the guy but he is seriously a pathetic footballer. He is that pissweak he wouldn't win a contested ball in AFLW. If he's not getting the cheap out the back handball then he's just useless. The softest player I've ever seen play league footy. If he had the kicking skills of a guy like Stewie Dew you could probably justify him being on an AFL list but he doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back