List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the club need to come out pretty soon - straight after trade period - and explain what Brady meant by him and the club 'having all the information' about Judas.

The club owes Judas absolutely nothing now whereas it owes members , sponsors and all other stakeholders all the relevant information about what Brady meant. Why was there no alternative? What did he do last year, what did he and his camp threaten? We need to know why our bargaining position sounds like it was so weak with Port after all. Also would like the AFL to know what has gone on there.

Yeah and sooking up the week of Cunners come back game. Just a s**t bloke.
Cant wait for our game against them. Have Cunners and Zuurhar in the middle of the ground for the first bounce and run right through him..Reminicent of what Mark Yeates did to Brereton in the 89 grand final...

I think the club need to come out pretty soon - straight after trade period - and explain what Brady meant by him and the club 'having all the information' about Judas.

The club owes Judas absolutely nothing now whereas it owes members , sponsors and all other stakeholders all the relevant information about what Brady meant. Why there was no alternative? What did he do last year, what did he and his camp threaten? We need to know why our bargaining position sounds like it was so weak with Port after all. Also would like the AFL to know what has gone on there.
You aren't serious are you?

The club isn't going to come out & slam a 19 year old kid. The sponsors would be well aware of what has occurred, as would most members.

The club isn't going to come out & slam a 19 year old kid. The sponsors would be well aware, as would most members.
Unfortunately you’re right, airing a players dirty laundry isn’t tolerated no matter what.

Slipping it to Bull to post however… 😉

I think he’s been doing everything he could do to get traded since he got here.
We’ll see his attitude next year

He’s Powers problem now. I’ve already moved on.

I mean I’ll hate him for the rest of his career but that’ll only manifest when he plays North. Hope our blokes treat him like the 90’s blokes treated Buckley.

It is what it is. Deals been accepted and we move on and get on with it.

The fact Port didn’t lose a single player and got a generational talent for pick 9 and a future 1st is amazing for them.

They’re over the moon.

Through all of this bullshit and looking back at 2021 period, did we as a club get the best possible outcome available to us? Did we come out of it totally satisfied and elated with the result?
No. A defining no.

Get someone in who can actually make our strong draft hands go further. Rawlings is a fraud.
Do you think the club's plan was to trade JHF ?

JHF wanted out. He never embraced our club.

What did you want Rawlings to do ?

Hold JHF to year 2. He is disgruntled, causes trouble at the club and becomes a distraction.

And then after a troublesome year, he walks anyway ?

And what is he worth then?

At least Rawlings did the best he can. He has got picks 2 and 3 this year. And we get another first next year. We can reset and start again.

Rawlings made the most of a very toxic situation, caused by JHF himself.

I am glad he is gone...

The club isn't going to come out & slam a 19 year old kid. The sponsors would be well aware, as would most members.
It's absolutely not OK for the club to have been short-changed on this trade because the Judas camp has held the club to ransom. His behaviour and their behaviour have not been OK. Him standing around in games, doing no chasing and whacking guys to have a holiday was not OK.

If Rawlings and the club had to deal with a situation where they had to trade him at below the market rate, which it now seems certain it was, there needs to be transparency. That doesn't have to involve slamming a 19 year old. But Judas can face the consequences of his actions just like every other 19 year old has to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant wait for our game against them. Have Cunners and Zuurhar in the middle of the ground for the first bounce and run right through him..Reminicent of what Mark Yeates did to Brereton in the 89 grand final...
Goldy to fly from behind

mark of the year
knee to the back of the noodle
23rd man activated
Memes generated about respecting your elders.

It's absolutely not OK for the club to have been short-changed on this trade because the Judas camp has held the club to ransom. His behaviour and their behaviour have not been OK. Him standing around in games, doing no chasing and whacking guys to have a holiday was not OK.

If Rawlings and the club had to deal with a situation where they had to trade him at below the market rate, which it now seems certain it was, there needs to be transparency. That doesn't have to involve slamming a 19 year old. But Judas can face the consequences of his actions just like every other 19 year old has to.

We got pick 2 and a future first. That’s a fair deal. Especially as he wasn’t liked by the players.

Yep the entire situation around JHF has been toxic, including his exit. It's very obvious & there are enough stories being leaked/players responding on social media, that the club doesn't need to say anything publicly.

We got pick 2 and a future first. That’s a fair deal. Especially as he wasn’t liked by the players.
I think that's the point though. Our players ended up not liking him because he and his camp were doing everything to make it untenable for us to keep him for his second year. All the non-effort, the sooking, the poor preparation and the FIGJAM attitude.

Instead of being reprimanded and punished by the AFL for undermining the draft system, he and his camp have been rewarded and so has Port. Port being the club that encouraged him to break his contract.

In the end Port knew we had to accept a substandard deal because our players were sick of it and he would've been unprofessional again. The AFL should be looking at this situation. He and his camp have set a worse precedent than others. Like him or hate him, Buckley at the Bears was always a pro. Others who've wanted to be traded home - Papley and Tim Kelly - conducted themselves professionally.

It's not on what's happened and we should be speaking to the AFL about it.

Last edited:
It's not on what's happened and we should be speaking to the AFL about it.
For once I think the AFL will look at this and the less involved we are in that process the better. They would hate the idea that players were gaming the system.

For once I think the AFL will look at this and the less involved we are in that process the better. They would hate the idea that players were gaming the system.

That would be why the blocked the other traded. They would hate it, like really hate it. It undermines the draft, the AFL’s whole system for getting teams off the bottom. Wouldn’t be surprised if if they bring in an NBA type situation for first round picks.

Get someone in who can actually make our strong draft hands go further. Rawlings is a fraud.
FMD. He just doesn't have the ability to magic us a better deal. Most people here seem to think we can smash every deal by being a hard @rse. If someone else had a #1 pick who'd nominated us, we'd demand to get him for a sack of beans. If we shelled out pick 2 we'd be up in arms. "He nominated us. We can wait a year, he'll be OOC and we can get him for nothing. Rawlings is a fraud."

It is what it is. Deals been accepted and we move on and get on with it.

The fact Port didn’t lose a single player and got a generational talent for pick 9 and a future 1st is amazing for them.

They’re over the moon.

Through all of this bullshit and looking back at 2021 period, did we as a club get the best possible outcome available to us? Did we come out of it totally satisfied and elated with the result?
No. A defining no.

All of this would have gone through Viney, Clarko and the board.

You calling for all of them to go too?

I've been thinking. I reckon Jason's family were equally, if not more, unprepared for him moving interstate. Consciously or subconsciously putting pressure on him by not being able to deal with their own emotions.

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
The media played a massive part. Dude was getting shredded rightly or wrongly, it was all over the socials. Kid with a fragile ego wouldn't know how to handle it at all, especially away from home. If he was allowed to lie low and not have every move scrutinized it may have worked out different, who knows.
As it turns out he fell to pieces when the heat came, for his sake I hope he can sort that out but it's none of this clubs concern anymore.

List Mgmt. Brady Rawlings | Head of Football Talent (Recruitment, LM & TPP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back