Toast Brandan Parfitt -

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care about the Caddy issue.....all I see is a kid with real pace and poise who always seems to have time....attributes many good players would love to have.

Looks like a gem to me.

I was a Caddy fan and whilst he showed inside grunt and reasonable talent around goals the big knock IMO is pace
We clearly value speed more in 2017 and I suspect his lack of pace would be holding us back somewhat now
Without being a like for like we've replaced Caddys' role with a combination of Menegola and Cocky - Menegola for the inside grunt ( handy goalkicker as well) and Cocky as a pressure forward who can go into midfield.
Parsons is a handy medium forward with skill and pace and Parfitt looks like a ripper so far.
On balance we've covered him pretty well and can look forward to Parfitt carving out his own reputation :thumbsu:

Explains why my boys worked hard and got nowhere!!!

They say can put in what God left out.. Im very familiar with that myself , it seem to there is some sort of irrefutable truth in this yet I feel its placing me on road towards Nazi eugenics and East German Olympic Committee. I have a feeling id be one of the many that they would cut from the herd.

It looks like Brandan Parfitt's nickname is Boo.
Happy birthday Boo.

Id like an explanation of that nickname... it has potential obviously to be taken the wrong way... are we allowed as a group of supporters to "boo" him?

Has anyone heard of it used as a Nickname? Im thinking Kill a Mockingbird.. any other ideas?

Id like an explanation of that nickname... it has potential obviously to be taken the wrong way... are we allowed as a group of supporters to "boo" him?

Has anyone heard of it used as a Nickname? Im thinking Kill a Mockingbird.. any other ideas?

I think it's because he doesn't say boo - as in he is quiet and probably a little shy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's because he doesn't say boo - as in he is quiet and probably a little shy.
I heard awhile ago one of the older Essendon players, think it was Stanton, had the same nickname as 'boo'. Reason given was in his first few years at the club he was very quiet. Reckon you're on the money.

Sorry for the intrusion fellas, but have heard that at least one other Victorian club rated him as top 10 in the draft (have no idea where you guys rated him) but interviewed extremely well with them and thought that he was the most talented player of this class. Spewing Brandan didn't get to their pick.

Essendon, Carlton, North, st.K, Dogs all had picks before us. Given the intel is that he was rated top 10 we may be able to assume it's not one of those clubs.

Pies, Tigers, Dees then given how far back the Hawks first pick was, probably Melbourne too given theirs was 46..

Because he doesn't say "boo" to anyone. He's very quiet when he arrived at the club was given that nickname for his quiet demeanour.

Heard it on KROCK interview.

Go Catters

Because he doesn't say "boo" to anyone. He's very quiet when he arrived at the club was given that nickname for his quiet demeanour.

Heard it on KROCK interview.

Go Catters

OK.
Still it does open the door for misunderstanding. I heard Cam Mooney talking the other day when experienced the "Moooooooooney" ... he said to a team mate.. "Why are they booing me"

Sorry for the intrusion fellas, but have heard that at least one other Victorian club rated him as top 10 in the draft (have no idea where you guys rated him) but interviewed extremely well with them and thought that he was the most talented player of this class. Spewing Brandan didn't get to their pick.
The rating of players from club to club is always varied ... its why they all walk away from draft with bargains..."we rated him much earlier" etc. Obviously bias and needs can alter selection the further you get away from the very early standout picks.
It would seem however that Parfitt is closer to an R1 player than 26 , perhaps as you say even earlier. Only time will tell.

Break out game today and massive improvement from his 1st year to 2nd. Winning more of ball, tackling hard and kicking goals. Can't ask for much more from him and looks so settled in the side. Let's just hope he stays fit because he's got a great future ahead of him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back