Player Watch Brayden Maynard

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like he needs a spell.
Yeah, it's like we have a lot of talent in the magoos to replace him with.

He was putrid today but fair dinkum......

I think the kid has talent and being played down back is not his best position,his only 20 and tracking nicley
He's 21 come years end.

Age has might account for his bad decision making but it's not an excuse for horrible disposal.

He'll have 50 games under his belt when the season and age/experience wise, he is equal with DeGoey. DeGoey is lightyears ahead.

He's 21 come years end.

Age has might account for his bad decision making but it's not an excuse for horrible disposal.

He'll have 50 games under his belt when the season and age/experience wise, he is equal with DeGoey. DeGoey is lightyears ahead.

Thats OK i think Jordan has been played out of position in his early years at Collingwood and i feel the same with Brayden,But both will be gun players for us for many years to come.

I don't think anyone is disputing Brayden won't be a gun for the club but his form has been shite for a while now. IMO it is due to his poor kicking and not having a right boot. His influence on the Essendon game in the first quarter was down right embarrassing. Should have been dropped after that performance. Couldn't hit a target 15 meters away on the week end.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's 21 come years end.

That's true but De Goey also plays in an area of the ground where a mistake will not immediately cost a goal, unlike Maynard in defense.
Move him into the middle with De Goey, what a powerful duo they would make.

That's true but De Goey also plays in an area of the ground where a mistake will not immediately cost a goal, unlike Maynard in defense.
Move him into the middle with De Goey, what a powerful duo they would make.
What a powerful duo they *could* make. Let's not jump the gun here, proof is in the pudding, and I'm still hungry!

He looked disappointed when Bucks was hugging players post game. Bucks had a few words for him.

Maybe he's buggered. If so give him a week off then bring him back in.

He looked disappointed when Bucks was hugging players post game. Bucks had a few words for him.

Maybe he's buggered. If so give him a week off then bring him back in.
I think he would have been obviously disappointed. He would be the type of kid that's trying his hardest to get the best out of himself. I tell you one thing he won't be dropping his head and I think he'll come out and have a good game this weekend.

He's 21 come years end.

Isn't that kind of an expectation when you're talking about a pick 5 vs pick 30?

Future leader of the club, he busts his gut every week even when some weeks it's not going his way. He won't learn anything in the magoos and it's not like we're shaping up to be top 8 contenders so let him play out the year. He is going to be an absolute jet, I'd like to see him on the wing.

I back him 110%. Given in his short career the multiple changes in the backline he to me has been outstanding. Sure his brain fades have been costly but over the last 8-10 games they have been getting less and less.

He can reef the footy a long way or go short sharp passes( ok sometimes they don't find the mark) but no o e can ever accuse him of not give his all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back