Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 17, 2009
On a boat
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Southampton F.C., eAFL SUNS
Damicky Interview.png

What an exciting time for the Sweet F.A. – trade week(s?)!

There’s usually a flurry of trade activity around the board, and the league is known to positively light up with action and vibrancy. Every darned season it's the same.

But seriously, this has been the most active trade week Mt. Buller has enjoyed for many a season. Given the – unfortunate – circumstances of two of our Season 32 rookies, we sought to find a mutually helpful arrangement to see them move away from Mt. Buller.

Where this has ultimately led us is to have the opportunity to welcome a rookie from the Furies - damicky. The big fella has made a solid impact on the league in his first season, and we’re very pleased to have him on board.

To mark this occasion, I thought it would be a good opportunity to welcome him to the Snow Dome and ask him a few questions.

First of all damicky – may I call you damicky?

Of course you can Captain Mang ... I answer to damicky or The Cheese

Tell me damicky – what was life really like at the Furies? As an ex-Furie myself, I found it to at times be a cruel place, a place that time and grace itself seems to have forgotten. What was your experience?

Coming in to the SFA as a rookie, I had no concept as to what was “normal”

Ned_Flanders & Tigerturbulance told me that living in a dumpster, cleaning the toilets at the Hippodrome & drinking goon were all part of the game.

I would like to particularly thank Mister M for inviting me to the world of Qooty.

Yeah it sounds pretty similar to when I was there to be honest.

Now that you’re part of Mt. Buller, tell us what you’re most looking forward to. What players are you excited about playing alongside?

I am most looking forward to helping my new Demons teammates win the S32 flag

After the game against the Demons a couple of weeks ago, a bromance blossomed between Callums_Guns & myself

I also enjoyed a bit of banter with Tarkyn_24 (one of EJW’s alt accounts)

Your avatar – it’s a thing of beauty. It’s also utilising the face of someone referred to as Hectic Cheese. Are you not concerned that, by joining a club much-famed for having a cheese room and enjoying cheese served on platters, you’re setting yourself up to be eaten?

Obviously I won’t repeat what happened in our private team PM, but I have taken out a restraining order against pantskyle after one of his comments

And finally – just on a personal note for you – what are your Qooty aspirations this season (both on and off the field)?

As I mentioned earlier, I want to win an SFA Premiership in my first season ... obviously that wasn’t going to happen at the Furies with their tiny ruckman U2tigers

Any personal awards that are bestowed upon me are just a bonus ... looking at you GWS Goose

GO Deeees!!!

Brilliant stuff mate. It’s fantastic to have you on a board! I mean on board. Cheeseboard. *.

Wait, I thought damicky's avatar was the 'waiting for a mate' guy

Untitled-1.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back