Bruce Francis has replied.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not anymore. He had issues with me mocking his statement that the CAS decision would be politically swayed by their alliance to WADA
That would not have been a problem if it were the Labour party in Government. Our Bruce is extremely right winged. Maybe even right of Attila the Hun.

Has anyone read his letter to Susan Levy?

The attached document contains evidence that WADA was guilty of misconduct, some would say corruption, during the recent Court of Arbitration for Sport hearing. Unfortunately, my command of the English language is not good enough to describe what I think of the CAS panellists. As you are a member of the WADA Executive Committee, it is incumbent upon you to do all in your power to correct a great injustice. I think you have two choices:

1.Call an emergency meeting of the WADA Executive Committee to discuss my claims. When the committee agrees with me WADA’s director-general David Howman should be instructed to request CAS to annul its decision

2. Do nothing about the misconduct and resign from the Executive Committee on the grounds that you believe that it conducted its case inappropriately

I'm not clear where that mentions TB-4 was part of the case against him at the Tribunal and that he was cleared of it.

Yes, exactly.

BF says:

7. It is inexcusable that the CAS panel would have as its first ‘strand to the cable’, a totally false claim of an earlier infraction by Dank of administering Thymosin Beta-4 to a professional sportsman i.e. Earl.

8. How could WADA present evidence (i.e. in the Essendon case) that it must have known to be blatantly wrong?

Yes, exactly.

BF says:

7. It is inexcusable that the CAS panel would have as its first ‘strand to the cable’, a totally false claim of an earlier infraction by Dank of administering Thymosin Beta-4 to a professional sportsman i.e. Earl.

8. How could WADA present evidence (i.e. in the Essendon case) that it must have known to be blatantly wrong?
What do you say

Yes, exactly.

BF says:

The CAS award quotes the AATA decision at paragraph 106. Is the quote incorrect? Forget all the other BFshit.

Yes, exactly.

BF says:

The strand was that the AAT found expressly that Earl had used TB-4, which on my reading is correct, though they only needed to find it was possible. Earl admitted injections of Thymosin and the AAT's finding was: 'it is implausible that the applicant was being administered Thymosin alpha. The likelihood is that the substance being used by the applicant was Thymosin Beta 4'. The CAS 'endorses that analysis and conclusion'.

You seem to have linked to the RoF process but I'm on the understanding that the NRL used their separate power independent of ASADA in the Earl case. Hence he was infracted and provisionally banned before this AAT hearing occurred. This is why I think it's hard to comment.

You billing someone at the mo CK?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The strand was that the AAT found expressly that Earl had used TB-4, which on my reading is correct, though they only needed to find it was possible. Earl admitted injections of Thymosin and the AAT's finding was: 'it is implausible that the applicant was being administered Thymosin alpha. The likelihood is that the substance being used by the applicant was Thymosin Beta 4'. The CAS 'endorses that analysis and conclusion'.
So really, CAS were endorsing horse manure.

Correct however Thymosin as a products itself doesn't exist. Its either

1. Thymomodulin (WADA approved) - a variant also known as Thymosin
2. Thymosin Alpha1 (WADA approved)
3. Thymosin Beta 4 (WADA prohibited)

CAS assumed it was #3. Did they any give reasons why its not #1 or #2?

Lets explore this information a little further using BF comments.

In the 32 ASADA interviews, six players said that Mr Dank had identified what he was injecting as ‘Thymosin’.

Thymosin’ is Thymomodulin.

According to BF, there is no reason, nor evidence, to believe that the identified ‘Thymosin’ is Thymosin Beta-4.

However, there is evidence to believe it was Thymomodulin.

On 1 December 2011, Mr Vince Xu, Global Sales Manager for GL Biochem (Shanghai) Ltd, sent an email to Mr Shane Charter stating: ‘thank you very much for your time to visit us, It’s our great honour. Mr Xu then outlined their ability to supply Mr Charter with: GHRP-6; GHRP-2; CJC-1295; Melanotan II; Thymosin; Thymosin Beta 4 and MGF (Mechano Growth Factor). Mr Xu also advised that he could not provide HGH-191; HJCG, IGF1-LR3 or AOD- 1296 (sic).

Fact 1: Mr Xu clearly made a distinction between Thymosin and Thymosin Beta-4. In his view Thymosin is not Thymosin Beta-4.

According to ASADA, Shane Charter claimed, and they accepted his claim that he only ordered Thymosin Beta-4 from GL Biochem Shanghai on one occasion – the one above. Although Charter produced scores of texts and emails between Dank and himself, he did not produce a single text or email from Dank ordering Thymosin Beta-4 or asking him to travel to China. Even if Dank had ordered Thymosin Beta-4 from Charter, the ordering itself is irrelevant, as Dank has never denied the perfectly legal use of Thymosin Beta-4 in his private Ageing clinic.

Fact 2: There is no evidence other than ASADA investigator Aaron Walker’s untested say-so that Mr Xu told him that he sent Thymosin Beta-4 to Cedric Anthony’s warehouse in Shanghai for forwarding to Melbourne at a later date. But even if Walker’s evidence is accurate, this does not constitute evidence that Thymosin Beta-4 was delivered to Dank, let alone to Dank at Essendon to administer to the players.

Chip Le Grand in his book ‘The Straight Dope’, records that Cedric Anthony told him that he kept various versions of Thymosin in his warehouse fridge, and on receiving instructions from Charter forwarded raw material labelled ‘Thymosin’ to compounding pharmacist Nima Alavi in Melbourne. Le Grand interviewed Alavi in June 2014, and on 20 June the Australian newspaper published Le Grand’s article. Inter alia, Le Grand stated that Mr Alavi said, “It was impossible to know [my emphasis] whether the players were given Thymosin Beta-4, a substance that is banned, Thymosin Alpha 1, a substance that is permitted, the similarly permitted Thymomodulin, or something else altogether.” Mr Alavi said the shipment arrived at his pharmacy simply marked ‘Thymosin’. “It didn’t tell me what type it was, which worried me a little bit.” He said peptide materials imported from China could be notoriously unreliable. “When it is something from overseas, it could be anything”. “I’m not sure what he [Dank] has done with it. He may have very well taken it to the club and used it on the players. If he has done that - which I can’t be sure of - we still don’t know what type of Thymosin it was because that was the whole point of me in giving it to him to have it tested.”

Dank has stated that he picked up a number of clear unlabelled vials from Alavi in January 2012. These were the vials Alavi refers to above and were created as a result of his compounding the raw material labelled ‘Thymosin’ that was sent by Cedric Anthony that arrived in Melbourne on 29 December 2011. This was purportedly the same substance ordered by Charter and supplied by Mr Xu from GL Biochem. Dank stated publicly that the substance in the clear vials was ruined when inadvertently exposed to the sunlight and was thus unusable and had to be thrown out.

Fact 3: Dank’s version of events is supported by the paper trail that has Alavi issuing an invoice, and then reversing part of it that included the Thymosin.
An invoice issued by Alavi’s company Como Compounding Pharmacy on 31 January includes various substances supplied to Essendon on 10 January 2012, and 26 vials of ‘Peptide Thymosin’ and 7 vials of Hexarelin supplied on 18 January. As ASADA recorded in its Interim Report, ‘the costs of the Hexarelin and the Thymosin were re-credited to the Club in a subsequent invoice dated 29 February 2012, and did not form part of the final amount ultimately paid by Essendon, under the authority of Hamilton sometime after 11 April 2012.’

Fact 4: Alavi clearly accepted that the Thymosin was unusable and thus destroyed.

The relevance to the WADA case of Dank throwing out the vials is that Charter and Mr Xu were involved in only one order and supply to Dank and ASADA has accepted Charter’s word on that. Thus their involvement in the matter is finished with the destruction of the vials. They are irrelevant, and have no bearing on the case.

Fact 5: WADA offered no evidence that the ‘Thymosin’ sent by Anthony to Melbourne was Thymosin Beta-4.

Fact 6: WADA offered no evidence that the batch of ‘Thymosin’ was not destroyed as Dank stated, and the paper trail suggests.

Fact 7: Even if the batch were not destroyed, WADA has no evidence that it was used at Essendon.

Fact 8: No payment for the 27 vials in the batch was made by Essendon, providing further evidence that it was not used at Essendon.

On 3 July 2012, ASADA Science and Results Manager, Dr Stephen Watt, sent an email to WADA with the following enquiry: ‘I wanted to enquire if WADA has considered the prohibited status of the drug Thymomodulin also known as Thymosin’? Thymomodulin is a non-prohibited supplement.

Fact 9: Watt’s email proves that ASADA and WADA knew that Thymomodulin is often referred to informally as Thymosin, and yet both chose not to disclose this fact in either the former’s case against the players before the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal, or the latter’s Appeal before the CAS panel.
The omission is inexcusable and again some would argue ‘sinister’.

Last edited:
Stabby, does it bother you that probably a majority of EFC fans, whose best interest would be to believe in Bruce's prose don't?

In the 32 ASADA interviews, six players said that Mr Dank had identified what he was injecting as ‘Thymosin’.

According to BF, there is no reason, nor evidence, to believe that the identified ‘Thymosin’ is Thymosin Beta-4.

On 1 December 2011, Mr Vince Xu, Global Sales Manager for GL Biochem (Shanghai) Ltd, sent an email to Mr Shane Charter stating: ‘thank you very much for your time to visit us, It’s our great honour. Mr Xu then outlined their ability to supply Mr Charter with: GHRP-6; GHRP-2; CJC-1295; Melanotan II; Thymosin; Thymosin Beta 4 and MGF (Mechano Growth Factor). Mr Xu also advised that he could not provide HGH-191; HJCG, IGF1-LR3 or AOD- 1296 (sic).

Fact 1: Mr Xu clearly made a distinction between Thymosin and Thymosin Beta-4. In his view Thymosin is not Thymosin Beta-4.

According to ASADA, Shane Charter claimed, and they accepted his claim that he only ordered Thymosin Beta-4 from GL Biochem Shanghai on one occasion – the one above. Although Charter produced scores of texts and emails between Dank and himself, he did not produce a single text or email from Dank ordering Thymosin Beta-4 or asking him to travel to China. Even if Dank had ordered Thymosin Beta-4 from Charter, the ordering itself is irrelevant, as Dank has never denied the perfectly legal use of Thymosin Beta-4 in his private Ageing clinic.

Fact 2: There is no evidence other than ASADA investigator Aaron Walker’s untested say-so that Mr Xu told him that he sent Thymosin Beta-4 to Cedric Anthony’s warehouse in Shanghai for forwarding to Melbourne at a later date. But even if Walker’s evidence is accurate, this does not constitute evidence that Thymosin Beta-4 was delivered to Dank, let alone to Dank at Essendon to administer to the players.

Chip Le Grand in his book ‘The Straight Dope’, records that Cedric Anthony told him that he kept various versions of Thymosin in his warehouse fridge, and on receiving instructions from Charter forwarded raw material labelled ‘Thymosin’ to compounding pharmacist Nima Alavi in Melbourne. Le Grand interviewed Alavi in June 2014, and on 20 June the Australian newspaper published Le Grand’s article. Inter alia, Le Grand stated that Mr Alavi said, “It was impossible to know [my emphasis] whether the players were given Thymosin Beta-4, a substance that is banned, Thymosin Alpha 1, a substance that is permitted, the similarly permitted Thymomodulin, or something else altogether.” Mr Alavi said the shipment arrived at his pharmacy simply marked ‘Thymosin’. “It didn’t tell me what type it was, which worried me a little bit.” He said peptide materials imported from China could be notoriously unreliable. “When it is something from overseas, it could be anything”. “I’m not sure what he [Dank] has done with it. He may have very well taken it to the club and used it on the players. If he has done that - which I can’t be sure of - we still don’t know what type of Thymosin it was because that was the whole point of me in giving it to him to have it tested.”

Dank has stated that he picked up a number of clear unlabelled vials from Alavi in January 2012. These were the vials Alavi refers to above and were created as a result of his compounding the raw material labelled ‘Thymosin’ that was sent by Cedric Anthony that arrived in Melbourne on 29 December 2011. This was purportedly the same substance ordered by Charter and supplied by Mr Xu from GL Biochem. Dank stated publicly that the substance in the clear vials was ruined when inadvertently exposed to the sunlight and was thus unusable and had to be thrown out.

Fact 3: Dank’s version of events is supported by the paper trail that has Alavi issuing an invoice, and then reversing part of it that included the Thymosin.
An invoice issued by Alavi’s company Como Compounding Pharmacy on 31 January includes various substances supplied to Essendon on 10 January 2012, and 26 vials of ‘Peptide Thymosin’ and 7 vials of Hexarelin supplied on 18 January. As ASADA recorded in its Interim Report, ‘the costs of the Hexarelin and the Thymosin were re-credited to the Club in a subsequent invoice dated 29 February 2012, and did not form part of the final amount ultimately paid by Essendon, under the authority of Hamilton sometime after 11 April 2012.’

Fact 4: Alavi clearly accepted that the Thymosin was unusable and thus destroyed.

The relevance to the WADA case of Dank throwing out the vials is that Charter and Mr Xu were involved in only one order and supply to Dank and ASADA has accepted Charter’s word on that. Thus their involvement in the matter is finished with the destruction of the vials. They are irrelevant, and have no bearing on the case.

Fact 5: WADA offered no evidence that the ‘Thymosin’ sent by Anthony to Melbourne was Thymosin Beta-4.

Fact 6: WADA offered no evidence that the batch of ‘Thymosin’ was not destroyed as Dank stated, and the paper trail suggests.

Fact 7: Even if the batch were not destroyed, WADA has no evidence that it was used at Essendon.

Fact 8: No payment for the 27 vials in the batch was made by Essendon, providing further evidence that it was not used at Essendon.

On 3 July 2012, ASADA Science and Results Manager, Dr Stephen Watt, sent an email to WADA with the following enquiry: ‘I wanted to enquire if WADA has considered the prohibited status of the drug Thymomodulin also known as Thymosin’? Thymomodulin is a non-prohibited supplement.

Fact 9: Watt’s email proves that ASADA and WADA knew that Thymomodulin is often referred to informally as Thymosin, and yet both chose not to disclose this fact in either the former’s case against the players before the AFL Anti-Doping Tribunal, or the latter’s Appeal before the CAS panel.
If only I could get acid like that these days...

Bruce, this crap just doesn't wash in here. A compounding pharmacist not knowing what he was compounding? But he still compounded it anyway. Seriously?

Your facts are full of holes. So many holes.

Bruce, this crap just doesn't wash in here. A compounding pharmacist not knowing what he was compounding? But he still compounded it anyway. Seriously?

Your facts are full of holes. So many holes.
Had a look at the holes in the report by the two CAS stooges? Seriously? What do they take us for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back