Opinion Bulldogs board feedback thread - Have your say

How is the state of the Dogs board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'd like to see a thread discussing tactics, suggested match day strategies we would do and then discuss after games. More what the autopsy thread should be but without " this guy is s**t", "coach cant coach" etc etc.

This guy or Austin ????

Love the board and generally I don't think the bickering is too bad. Mods do a terrific job most of the time and we're the most welcoming of opposition posters which we need to keep as it does balance out a lot of threads.

Just a few things:

- The VFL game day forum needs a direct link with live scores. If there is one I apologize, but its not promoted all that well. Maybe that's something that we need to bring up with the club?

- We should be a little stricter on a few of the negative ones on here as they tend to divert away from the conversation at hand. Maybe make a "Survivor" themed thread and allow all posters to vote out the pests.

All in all I love spending a bit of my spare time on here. 3 qtrs of the posters all seem to have valid thoughts and I love following guys like Ivan, Vitaldread and Immortalmike, who always lighten up the mood.

Keep up the good work.

My brief thoughts:
  1. Love our Mods - can't say enough good stuff about them - they rock. :)
  2. Dog Tags doesn't work. Out of sight....
  3. Mostly we are very tolerant and a 'broad church' until the "sack Macca" comments get out of hand on threads that are not about the coach. Very difficult to moderate but I think we generally don't let it get too out of control... but it is a watch point for me. Kudos to the Mods again. If it ever does get out of hand we will have posters drop off this board like flies in my opinion, as it spoils the footy for most of us.
  4. I love the humor on here and I think we have a wide range of ages and backgrounds all getting along well together and enjoying some great discussion and a few laughs along the way. Again, the Mods have stepped in effectively on the very rare occasion when boundaries have been crossed.
  5. Lastly, I love our Trade and List Management and our Draft threads and want to thank all who contribute to them, including those who support other clubs. They are a great read and make coming on here a pleasure for me. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Last edited:
Lol king people don't like what I say on here imagine if they meet me face to face and heard the same thing

I don't like making grown men cry ;)

I love the FACTS

Love the VFL threads as I don't get any info in central west NSW, really appreciate everyone's reports and the VFL thread tends to be more specific about how players go and matchday tactics etc than what any of the AFL threads are.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The threads are well organised which is good. Jumping on some other team's boards it's like a bomb went off, threads everywhere about the stupidest things.

Less opinions
More admin control
Hivemind

Admins are doing a great job, only thing i would like is a main VFL thread for next year to allow people to access past scores and stats etc

Lol king people don't like what I say on here imagine if they meet me face to face and heard the same thing

I don't like making grown men cry ;)

Come on mate I'll get you in , it will do you the world of good;)

Regards Queen Harold

Okay let's get serious.
-Quite like the mods. They are all good people who know how to mod the right way. Although we all know Igloo is the people's mod.

-Love that I can jump on here and have a bit of fun (within reason) with some other supporters. We tend to have a good mix of people here who mostly like a laugh and have informed intelligent opinions. Without a doubt the best forum on the internet for those two things.

-Might need to watch some with a persecution complex a bit more as they can stray into the personal attack territory. General point. Nothing I say or do here is personal guys, just because we disagree on some obscure football thing doesn't mean I have a vendetta or don't like you. If we met we'd probably get along fantastically. And I believe I'm not the only one who feels that way.

-Personally maybe taking threads off topic might need to be policed a little bit better. I'm just as guilty as anyone of this but let's try to at least keep it about football.

-Otherwise keep up the good work allowing for diverse opinions guys. Loving the debates.

Love it for the most part. The dogmatism and refusal to acknowledge that everybody has an equally valid opinion on most things is the thing that grates me the most, but not much can be done about it until the offenders cross the line.

Adore the list management and draft threads (although silly trade suggestions do get on my nerves occasionally :D), as well as all the work dogwatch puts into his posts and, especially, competitions. The Pieman is fantastic.

Overall it's a great board and I don't really have much to comment on apart from thanking and congratulating the mods and most of the posters that make this board easily the best on BF. :thumbsu:

I love the humour, keep it up - #SaveBoomer

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but like others I have no interest in shitfights (except with opposition fans).
I would like to see a "disagree" button, I feel that if people could just disagree with a post it may lead to less arguments.

Cheers and Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back