Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optimistic Dog

Premiership Player
Oct 11, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
These 2 teams have history especially since the 2016 GF. The swans supporters delusionally think they were robbed of the flag by an AFL conspiracy and the umps for the dogs to win a flag after 62 years. The dogs supporters rightfully know we were the best team on the day.

It adds extra spice every time we play. After up a down season for us it is a must win game if we want to challenge for top 4, a loss to the swans would not be a big hiccup after a 9/1 start. The swans appear to be in great form with their only loss to the tigers at the G by 5 points.

The dogs seem to have hit a bit form and if they had kicked straight against GWS it would have been a 10 goal win. A potential disadvantage for the dogs is the 5 day break.

The question is can the dogs tall forwards cause enough havoc against an undersize backline or will the swans run/gun footy and good ball use be too much for the dogs. It depends on how much pressure the dogs can put on the swans and how much ball the dogs midfield can win.

I am backing the dogs in a tight one with The Bont to have a blinder.

Last edited:

You know what my favourite thing is? There's a portion of Swans fans that say things like "We would never want to win like that".

Do you think those Sydney fans feel bad about the 2005 grand final? The one that Barry Hall kicked 2 goals in, and led the Swans goal kicking in. A game they won by 4 points, that Barry should not have been allowed to play in due to the off the ball punch on Matt Maguire?

Further - there are a lot of Swans fans that say they'll never get over 2016 until justice is served to us, but perhaps they're missing that even if there was some ridiculous conspiracy allowing one of the poorest clubs in the league to win a premiership over a team located in a state that the AFL has tried literally for decades to win over, that it in itself is justice.

We need to (collectively as a board) get over our obsession with the Swines' obsession with the 2016 flag. It's in the history books permanently, let them eat their insides up about it.

Tonight: us by 11, because Bevo appears to have embraced a degree of run-with action, but as others have said, we still need to beat them on our own terms by outplaying them offensively as well.

Woof, woof, WOOF!!!! 🔴⚪🔵

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to (collectively as a board) get over our obsession with the Swines' obsession with the 2016 flag. It's in the history books permanently, let them eat their insides up about it.

Tonight: us by 11, because Bevo appears to have embraced a degree of run-with action, but as others have said, we still need to beat them on our own terms by outplaying them offensively as well.

Woof, woof, WOOF!!!! 🔴⚪🔵

Yeah we’re doing more complaining than the complainers.

I happened to be at the MCG for the grand final and I enjoyed the game immensely.

I have no idea who will win tonight . Swans seem to like Marvel as it reminds them of their own little ground . Heeney is about the best player in the league right now, I’d love to see the return of the Bont to match him.

If we are pushing our HFF up to the stoppage contest, I’d like to see Gallagher go to Heeney. Gallagher has a bit of campaigner about him, has the defensive mindset, but can also contribute on the spread.
Richards head to head with Warner. Bont and Treloar to do their thing.
Keep the sustained physical pressure from last week and we are a good chance.
I think we match up well with them. Guldens speed the one that worries me.

Dogs to win by 1 point after the following:
- Alex Keath gets a free kick for feeling a bit down after a clanger.
- The Dogs then get four fifty metre penalties as the umps mistake a streaker for a Swans player encroaching on Keath while he is running down the ground.
- After Keath kicks the goal that was clearly touched, the review system calls it a goal due to having a few brews throughout the game, and decide the perfectly clear vision is too blurry to make a decision.
- In celebration Vandermeer punches, karate kicks, and suplexes Papley to great applause...including the three umpires who not only award a free kick, but give Laith a high five and hug each. The kick goes out on the full but the goal umpires are also in on the beers, and award a goal.
- After the game John Longmire can be seen yelling at clouds. Sydney goes into panic after there is an alarming amount of salt in the air.

Dogs to win by 1 point after the following:
- Alex Keath gets a free kick for feeling a bit down after a clanger.
- The Dogs then get four fifty metre penalties as the umps mistake a streaker for a Swans player encroaching on Keath while he is running down the ground.
- After Keath kicks the goal that was clearly touched, the review system calls it a goal due to having a few brews throughout the game, and decide the perfectly clear vision is too blurry to make a decision.
- In celebration Vandermeer punches, karate kicks, and suplexes Papley to great applause...including the three umpires who not only award a free kick, but give Laith a high five and hug each. The kick goes out on the full but the goal umpires are also in on the beers, and award a goal.
- After the game John Longmire can be seen yelling at clouds. Sydney goes into panic after there is an alarming amount of salt in the air.

What a load of fantasy land BS.

It’s a night game, clouds could be hard to see.

Ok how about this:
With 10 seconds left in the game and the scores are tied, stoppage inside our 50 Bont gets a quick clearance and THROWS IT to the goals for a point, Umpires clearly see it was a throw but decided not to call it and the behind is confirmed . We win by a point.

Ok how about this:
With 10 seconds left in the game and the scores are tied, stoppage inside our 50 Bont gets a quick clearance and THROWS IT to the goals for a point, Umpires clearly see it was a throw but decided not to call it and the behind is confirmed . We win by a point.
Maybe West or VDM has to be the perpetrator, Weightman if he was in, that would be a proper Bont heel turn if that happened

These 2 teams have history especially since the 2016 GF. The swans supporters delusionally think they were robbed of the flag by an AFL conspiracy and the umps for the dogs to win a flag after 62 years. The dogs supporters rightfully know we were the best team on the day.
I'm still trying to figure out how/why our flag after 62 years was an AFL conspiracy, but the Swans 2005 flag after 72 years wasn't 🙄

BBB getting off 'n all...

It's been far too long since he's deliberately fractured a Larynx so you might be onto something
Think About It GIF by Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back