Can Adelaide still make it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast beats Carlton. Nothing individually unrealistic. Just the perfect storm of every single 50/50 game to go Crows way and a 100 point belting of Carlton in round 23. It wont allow me to check the finals but i imagine we beat Collingwood in the qualifying. We then go on knock off Port in a Prelim Showdown before losing by 100 points to Richmond in the grand final.
118 in the grand final you can be one less worse than Port Adelaide

Yeah nothing wrong with the surface. Just the wind is something most afl players don’t have to deal with weekly and our best footy is based on rebound and slick ball movement.
It may not be. We specifically asked for a big club to play Canberra this year, and you're club is it.
I get the ball movement thing we were on the receiving end a couple of times last year. It has the potential to be a great exhibition, I hope it is.

think only hawthorn from the 6-12 group is almost guaranteed to make it based on their fixture. melbourne, gws, north have tough fixtures as well.

Of course we can.

We probably won't, but we certainly can.

If we beat Brisbane next week we have won 3 of our last 4 (beating eagles and Geelong) leaving 5 matches for the season of which we need to win 4 out of 5 to make finals. Meaning we would have won 7 of our last 9 if we are to make finals. So we still have a loss up our sleeves and it’s not impossible. And As history shows , the team that wins the gf usually goes on a winning streak like we would need to produce to make it.

Port are not rated well at all though, so what does that mean?

FWIW, I think they can get there
How are they not rated well? They are rated 4th right now, check the ladder. Any other rating is irrelevant. Crows are going to have to beat a lot of teams above them to make it, beating Eagles and Geelong is a good start, beating Melbourne and then Port would continue that trend nicely if we can knock off Brisbane next week... And leave us with a loss still up our sleeves with 3 matches to play.

No chance at all, they could lose the next 5 in a row and probably will..The Crows only beat fellow pretender Geelong at home by 15points. No guide there to form.

Brisbane A L
Melbourne H L
Port AO L
GWS A L
North Melbourne H L
Carlton A W

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance at all, they could lose the next 5 in a row and probably will..The Crows only beat fellow pretender Geelong at home by 15points. No guide there to form.

Brisbane A L
Melbourne H L
Port AO L
GWS A L
North Melbourne H L
Carlton A W
I’ve been pretty annoyed by Adelaide’s form but most of it has been due to player availability. We will have most of our best 22 back on the park for the Showdown onwards.
No chance of losing to Brisbane next week is my tip - this is a different side to the one that lost to the Hawks/Melbourne/Freo with Lynch, Betts, Sloane, Tex, Knight, M.Crouch (form/injury), Atkins (form).
McGovern and Smith in and the only non best 22 player left is Brad Crouch.

Probably need 13 wins, more likely to win 11 or 12. Damage has been done by dropping 4 winnable games earlier in the season.

Brisbane A L
Melbourne H L
Port AO L
GWS A L
North Melbourne H L
Carlton A W

Think your predications are hampered by a bit of salt there, mate.

Brisbane aren't world-beaters, Port is a derby so that could always go either way, and you never know which GWS is gonna turn up. Every chance to make it.

Also Melbourne aren't travelling that well at the moment.
Think your predications are hampered by a bit of salt there, mate.

Brisbane aren't world-beaters, Port is a derby so that could always go either way, and you never know which GWS is gonna turn up. Every chance to make it.

They could but probably wont. I just wonder who their supporters would go for if we played Port in the GF.

I suspect us.
They just want to hear your song.

Again and again and again.

Blindfolded.

On a bus.

We need to use the end of this season to reformulate and test parts of our gameplan , team selection and combinations in a reload for 2019
The team was so much more competitive with our loooong overdue injection of pace , chase and tackle .
Although even then it was forced due to senior players missing ... at least injury has allowed us to see what we have in Gallucci and Murphy is a gun .
The inclusions also kicked 6 and set up 3 between them so the benefits are not just defensive but lead directly to scoreboard gain .

Last weeks game against the Tigers at the G had to be the final wake up call that we are more top heavy than Matt Preston after back to back degustations and slower than the treacle that is attempting to work its way down his comatose cheeks and onto the safety of a now inflated cravat .

Murphy , Gallucci and Knight make the team better . Mackay , Gibson and Douglas do not .
Stick with the Kids Don , don't buckle to the stale status quo that has dominated or team selection the last 10-15 years .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back