Brisbane vs Collingwood Easter Thursday - One Team will still be winless

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
Even if it's a draw we're going to have both teams still winless. Who would have thought The Reigning Premiers and Runners up would have so much heat so early on into the Season. Not even Geelong were this bad last year going 0-3 they played good footy at times in round 1 against us and also the Blues in Round 2. Of course I'd love for my team to be playing great football and I also wouldn't have minded the Lions to do well for various reasons but I also think that's what's making our game even greater than it was before in that it's becoming more and more unpredictable as each season ticks on.

West Coast, Richmond in 2018 for example really faded away badly. More so the Eagles for a number of various reasons. At least The Tiges went on to snare two more prems where as the Eagles choked away 3 seasons more specifically 2019 and 2020. When they met in that Sunday Night Fixture back in 2021 where JK kicked the winner from the boundary, that was the demise of both teams. It looked as though that could be the catalyst for more to come, but they both missed the 8 badly. Credit to Richmond again for rebounding and playing finals in 2022. The Eagles look like they're anchored to the bottom for the next 3-5 years it seems.

The season is still young and lot's of footy to be played but there's every chance The Pies will be 0-4 going into The Easter Break. Regardless of the outcome one team will have a lot of soul searching to do. Again.

I'm tipping both grand finalists to start the season 0-3.
Pies to beat Lions next week and give them their 2nd straight loss at their fortress, with a lackluster Lions coming off an early bye and unable to get any momentum going.
Lions will then get their first win the following week against North.
How both of their seasons end up? I have no idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back