Opinion Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

I read that article with interest of what it had predicted for 2024, yet it didn’t bother to even go that far. Choosing to focus on 3 teams only.

One ingredient that we need in our current team that’s a proven trait to get you into finals and deep is how are we placed with hard tough put your body on the line types? As supporters we all know from past premiership teams 😊 being tough and uncompromising in battle is not negotiable. You have to pay the price!

Last year was one of the first times I have felt we weren’t bullied since the 3 peat days. We are still young and on the back of this young man and others we will only get harder and stronger and get back to the Hawthorn ways under a coach that knows this!

1707210984996.jpeg

This lists average age is higher than 2008 and the experience a game or too lighter.

Of course in 2008 the experience was concentrated in the best 22, and quality fell away sharply after 23rd on the list

One ingredient that we need in our current team that’s a proven trait to get you into finals and deep is how are we placed with hard tough put your body on the line types? As supporters we all know from past premiership teams being tough and uncompromising in battle is not negotiable. You have to pay the price!

Last year was one of the first times I have felt we weren’t bullied since the 3 peat days. We are still young and on the back of this young man and others we will only get harder and stronger and get back to the Hawthorn ways under a coach that knows this!

View attachment 1899931
That's why the trajectory of big Connor Smash is so exciting.

I have him up there with Blanck. If tthese guys can take that extra step to be true top end players, they can be premiership players.

Nah should have after 2015 not go again 2016.
If Rough had played in 2016 then we would have won the flag - not because of how amazing he is (which we all know he is) but because the other teams would have had to focus on stopping him allowing others to shine.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

For us to play finals
1. sicily has to play every game. No dumb suspensions

2. Midfield collectively have to go up a notch. Newcombe and Day need to become top 10 in league. Nash and Maginess have to be bash brothers beating up other teams. Worpel has to get back to Crimmins form and Ward, McDonald and McKenzie all need to become regular players.

3. The Lewis/Chol combo have to fire
Watson, Ginni, Moore and breust need to become the mosquito fleet that gives other teams nightmares

4. Finally positional moves like Amon to half back and CJ to a wing need to come off. The players need to believe in the system and they need to live and breathe it.

My wildcard is a mid season entry of Wingard into our forward line. i still think he has plenty to offer if he can get fit.

For us to play finals
1. sicily has to play every game. No dumb suspensions

2. Midfield collectively have to go up a notch. Newcombe and Day need to become top 10 in league. Nash and Maginess have to be bash brothers beating up other teams. Worpel has to get back to Crimmins form and Ward, McDonald and McKenzie all need to become regular players.

3. The Lewis/Chol combo have to fire
Watson, Ginni, Moore and breust need to become the mosquito fleet that gives other teams nightmares

4. Finally positional moves like Amon to half back and CJ to a wing need to come off. The players need to believe in the system and they need to live and breathe it.

My wildcard is a mid season entry of Wingard into our forward line. i still think he has plenty to offer if he can get fit.

If that all happens, we not only make finals but also win one or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact Collingwood finished second last 2021 and managed to make the top 4 the year after (and of course then the flag) should give us all hope

The fact Collingwood finished second last 2021 and managed to make the top 4 the year after (and of course then the flag) should give us all hope
It’s not Collingwood that gives me hope, it’s the history and culture of this magnificent football club that does. Rising from the depths of despair to win flags has been our history for 60+ years…

They made the 2018 GF, finished 4th in 2019 and 8th in 2020.

🍎 v 🍊
It's not really if you actually look at the list changes from 2018 to 2023. It wasn't just a temporary down period - less than 10 players played in both those games and they had a completely different coach.

It's not really if you actually look at the list changes from 2018 to 2023. It wasn't just a temporary down period - less than 10 players played in both those games and they had a completely different coach.

We are going to be so successful we need to worry which players aren’t Locke away for 2025

They played finals in 5 of those 6 seasons, making top 4 on 4 occasions.

Yep - Bucks walked and Harvey didn’t get them to respond, but they had a bucketload of experience running around consistently through that period. They had one god awful year in the middle.

For some bizarre reason, I get my posts deleted for daring to suggest the Hawks will do well to win seven games this year lol.
Grow up, kids.
Hawks don't have the list to make finals at this stage, no reliable key forward, no reliable key (I said KEY) defender, and our best midfielder out for, well, who knows how long. (I said the first half of the season in my deleted post haha, and I'll still say mid-May is best case scenario, but you never know, no doubt Will is doing everything humanly possible to speed the process up.)
The comp has evened out at last, Geelong, Gold Coast, Bulldogs and Adelaide are all very much expecting to make the 8, but who are the teams dropping out?
Only WCE, North and Hawks could have a line drawn thru them, Freo making finals would be a surprise, but every other team would not be a surprise.
Big deal, another go at the draft, probably picks 3 and around 24 should see further talent come in, and maturity of the 20-23y bracket will give us a shot at 5-8th spot in 2025.
The key will be our drafting (average at best in the past 4 years), and, more importantly, our ability to attract FA's and trades.
Your posts were deleted for being a troll. Piss off.

They made the 2018 GF, finished 4th in 2019 and 8th in 2020.

🍎 v 🍊
if you want to go that far back we finished top 4 2018, but yes, i get your point, 2021 was more an anomaly than not. But still, 17th to a flag within two years aint a bad effort. While they retained core A-list players, they offloaded a lot of experience to recruit some exciting new youngsters and that played a big part in their recent success, so again, it gives hope.

For some bizarre reason, I get my posts deleted for daring to suggest the Hawks will do well to win seven games this year lol.
Grow up, kids.
Hawks don't have the list to make finals at this stage, no reliable key forward, no reliable key (I said KEY) defender, and our best midfielder out for, well, who knows how long. (I said the first half of the season in my deleted post haha, and I'll still say mid-May is best case scenario, but you never know, no doubt Will is doing everything humanly possible to speed the process up.)
The comp has evened out at last, Geelong, Gold Coast, Bulldogs and Adelaide are all very much expecting to make the 8, but who are the teams dropping out?
Only WCE, North and Hawks could have a line drawn thru them, Freo making finals would be a surprise, but every other team would not be a surprise.
Big deal, another go at the draft, probably picks 3 and around 24 should see further talent come in, and maturity of the 20-23y bracket will give us a shot at 5-8th spot in 2025.
The key will be our drafting (average at best in the past 4 years), and, more importantly, our ability to attract FA's and trades.

Please change your user name. I like Norkers.

Grow up, kids.
Because your a Muppet with a smooth brain most likely

Back