Can we beat the Hawks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not typical at all. Certain BF posters love to niggle. Look at the thread started by the Pies supporter stating that you'll kill us.

There has been arrogance seeping from the Hawks board onto all other boards for the past few weeks. One Pies poster couldn't possibly compare to it.

Typical opinion from a Hawks supporter this year. Isn't it incredible how they've crawled out of the woodwork and think they'll smash everyone each week, except Geelong. Expecting to be 21 and 1 at the end of the year are we mate?
You beat us by less than 3 goals at the Dome (a venue where we are shit) last year, and all you've got extra this year is Rioli, whilst you are minus Boyle who played well against us last year. We're ready to go and you better be ready for us because if your players have the same attitude you do we'll roll you over by a considerable margin.

Dont confuse yourself with any performance we put in last year, that is a whole world away from where we are today...This time last year the Eagles were favorites to go back to back for the flag and this week they go in as underdogs at home to a side that has won 2 games in there last 20 odd.....go figure

Oncemore if you believe that what i and others post on an internet forum has any influence on a game you have serious issues.

Hawks have far too much run and guns across the park for you boys..you will struggle big time.

We have panced everyone we've played this year and haven't looked like losing...forget the margins my friend we have not been challenged at all and have had all sides well and truly covered..

and for what it's worth we expect to and will beat Geelong aswell...

Just embrace it and enjoy it....Sure you guys arn't a bad side and will play finals but we're in a different league then you guys this year...that's all....it's just fact....6-0 seems to suggest that aswell...Lets not get to emotional and just call a spade a spade...we are very very very good and you guys are just ok..these are the hard facts, we can argue about opinions all night, i'd rather stick to the hard facts.

Now for the we haven't played anyone yet argument...yes very true but we like everyone else play one team per week....this week it's your turn.:p

Dont confuse yourself with any performance we put in last year, that is a whole world away from where we are today...This time last year the Eagles were favorites to go back to back for the flag and this week they go in as underdogs at home to a side that has one 2 games in there last 20 odd.....go figure

Oncemore if you believe that what i and others post on an internet forum has any influence on a game you have serious issues.

Hawks have far too much run and guns across the park for you boys..you will struggle big time.

We have panced everyone we've played this year and haven't looked like losing...forget the margins my friend we have not been challenged at all and have had all sides well and truly covered..

and for what it's worth we expect to and will beat Geelong aswell...

Just embrace it and enjoy it....Sure you guys arn't a bad side and will play finals but we're in a different league then you guys this year...that's all....it's just fact....6-0 seems to suggest that aswell...Lets not get to emotional and just call a spade a spade...we are very very very good and you guys are just ok..these are the hard facts, we can argue about opinions all night, i'd rather stick to the hard facts.

Now for the we haven't played anyone yet argument...yes very true but we like everyone else play one team per week....this week it's your turn.:p

Haha what a crock of shit. Yeah, we're the OK side who got within 5 points of causing the biggest mass cliff jump since Jonestown. This is where we like to be, no one giving us a chance, we know we're outclassed in just about every position by teams like you and Geelong, yet why don't we get flogged by 10 goals when we play these so-called 'super teams?'.

Because we're a frigging good side, and we'll give you a red hot go on Saturday, you won't pants us, nowhere near it in fact.
And why are you 'very, very, very, very, very good'? Are you as 'very, very, very, very, very good' as St Kilda were at the start of 2004, or at the start of 2006?
Only one side who is walking out onto the park on Saturday got within 5 points of the GF last year, you've achieved ____ all and you choked in the finals against North, so I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.

You definatly are a chance, your forward line will stretch our defence. We have match ups for Cloke and Rocca in Croad, and Gilham but its a matter of keeping your smalls quiet. Kangas stretched our forward line with their group of smalls, and I am sure Malthouse will look to do the same with Medhurst, Thomas, Davis and Didak. It will be sharing the load amongst all your options that will beat us, rather then having a huge game from one of your forwards.

I really like your backline and think they should match up well. With Franklin kicking a woeful 1 goal 7 behinds I highly doubt he will have another poor game. But the highlight of the Richmond game was Mark Williams, he really should have walked away with 5 goals and he will continue to slip under the radar. Roughie also looked great so as much as Franklin is a headache its our other options who fly underated.

I think for us to win, we really have to dominate in the midfield. We have to starve your forwards from any oppurtunity. I think the game will be closer then the odds reflect, we really should have beat Richmond by 10 goals but our goal kicking killed us. But like I said I doubt Buddy will have 2 poor games like that in a row.

Haha what a crock of shit. Yeah, we're the OK side who got within 5 points of causing the biggest mass cliff jump since Jonestown. This is where we like to be, no one giving us a chance, we know we're outclassed in just about every position by teams like you and Geelong, yet why don't we get flogged by 10 goals when we play these so-called 'super teams?'.

Because we're a frigging good side, and we'll give you a red hot go on Saturday, you won't pants us, nowhere near it in fact.
And why are you 'very, very, very, very, very good'? Are you as 'very, very, very, very, very good' as St Kilda were at the start of 2004, or at the start of 2006?
Only one side who is walking out onto the park on Saturday got within 5 points of the GF last year, you've achieved ____ all and you choked in the finals against North, so I wouldn't be getting too cocky just yet.

Look like i said don't confuse any performance we put in last year as a guide for what will happen this week, i thought i made that very clear, i can sit here and type about some wonderful performances we put in last year and some horrible ones but im not...lets stick to the current day shall we...

This is not about what we will achieve 3 months from now, 6 years from now or 2 weeks from now, this is about this Saturday between 2 and 5ish, lets not confuse things here, i am a very simple person and can't comprehend complex what if's and's and maybe's...and we did this last year and we did this in 1956.....

This Saturday at about 5ish i shall be leaving the G with my Collingwood mates and heading to a pub a very very happy lad....that's all.

Look like i said don't confuse any performance we put in last year as a guide for what will happen this week, i thought i made that very clear, i can sit here and type about some wonderful performances we put in last year and some horrible ones but im not...lets stick to the current day shall we...

This is not about what we will achieve 3 months from now, 6 years from now or 2 weeks from now, this is about this Saturday between 2 and 5ish, lets not confuse things here, i am a very simple person and can't comprehend complex what if's and's and maybe's...and we did this last year and we did this in 1956.....

This Saturday at about 5ish i shall be leaving the G with my Collingwood mates and heading to a pub a very very happy lad....that's all.

You better hope so, otherwise you won't be having a very fun time of it.
You seem pretty sure you're better than every other side in the comp, should finish 22 and 0 pretty easily this year, remember, all it takes is a Buddy shoulder/knee and it's curtains for the year.

You seem pretty sure you're better than every other side in the comp, should finish 22 and 0 pretty easily this year, remember, all it takes is a Buddy shoulder/knee and it's curtains for the year.

It wont be easy but i'd say we are atleast a 50/50 chance to win every game we play this year and if we keep our list together we may well win every game we play...whose to say we won't...we'll worry about that week by week..

This week it's Collingwood, we love beating Collingwood as everyone does, it's just the way of the world..

Don't get me wrong you guys arn't a bad side, that is reserved for the Melbourne, Richmonds, Carlton and Essendons of the world, you're just not up to our class at the minute.

It wont be easy but i'd say we are atleast a 50/50 chance to win every game we play this year and if we keep our list together we may well win every game we play...whose to say we won't...we'll worry about that week by week..

This week it's Collingwood, we love beating Collingwood as everyone does, it's just the way of the world..

Don't get me wrong you guys arn't a bad side, that is reserved for the Melbourne, Richmonds, Carlton and Essendons of the world, you're just not up to our class at the minute.

Well I can see we will have to agree to disagree. Please feel free to now indulge in every BF Hawthorn posters favourite past-time and stir up the North supporters having a whinge about karma coming back to bite them!

Did Hawks Sunday clash with Tigers teach you nothing about the Hawks forward line at all? Are you also 3 years old that you cannot remember what Willo is capable of? Hawthorn has one of if not the best forward line in the AFL. You can double team Buddy, Rough will get 5 or 6. Get the idea?

According to the majority of commentators, after watching the Ess game on Friday, they now say that the Pies are THE 2nd best team in the comp, and the only team that can beat Geelong. So, really you dont go in as underdogs, well at least not according to them..
Let's hope it's just a great game of footy all round, and may the best team win!:)
I don't think that game was a very reliable indication. Especially there wre some very bad defensive mismatches on our forwards. But I think Goldsack might prove to be a messiah for our forward line (likie rusling was last year), if he's persisted with. Of course you have better than rusling in Williams if he hits good form. the matchups and tactics of both defenses will be very interesting, provided we don't get blown away in the midfield. but I don't think we will although Hawthorn will have bursts of midfield ascendency no doubt. Woods are probably a year behind Hawthorn in devt, eg next year I think Thomas will be a *lot* more dangerous and we need to dev more mid depth. But that doesn't mean we can't beat you this week and in September.

I think that Rocca and Burns will not play.Both may be rested.
So the hawks may be hard to beat without our 2 seniors in the side.
Because the hawks will have a very mobile forward line i reckon maybe shannon cox should come in.
Without Rocca in the side, and if Reid cannot play i feel that mm may debut another youngster.Possibly Chris dawes could make his debut,to fill the gap for Rocca.Very much in the Jonathan Brown mould this kid can split the packs and will be groomed for the rocca role.
Buddy the gazelle franklin will be the key for the hawks.
Either way this game will be a cracker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok here goes, I'll try not to be too complex for you champ.

Your a ____wit.

Loving all the chat. This game could be a real cracker!

Relegating a side to mediocrity as some of the Hawks supporters visiting the pies board have done, is folly. If Freo can push the mighty Geelong to a one point win, if Richmond can test the Hawks I would argue that either side is a chance this week.

Pies will need to step up and play some of the in-form football we did last year and IMO we will need to do this without Rocca and Burns. The days of relying on these senior players are numbered. We are capible to bringing it to them.

For the Hawks to step over the line I see them needing to get early breaks. We seem to drop at the start of quarters when teams get 2 or 3 in a row against us. Our pressure and enthusiasm drops and if that happens we can be a walk over.

If that doesn't happen and we bring our game to the Hawks, expect some hard contested football and a close one.

As for attendance? I'm hoping for a big crowd and am pretty excited to be going to this game.

I think Collingwood definitely has a chance in this game as we will have to drop one sooner or later, however I hope last weeks scare against the Tigers will mean we come out to play this week.

Buddy doesnt usually have two bad games in a row so he should come good.

Hoping for some nice weather and a massive crowd to go with what should be a great game.
It could go either way and good luck.

Someone before said that what people write on a message board wont affect the game. If some of the pies players read some of the crap that's being written i reckon they'd be motivated (extra motivated) to shut up clowns like "that's deliberate".
Anyway if Rocca doesn't play the one who can turn the game for us will be Fraser. If Wood takes majority of the ruck work i think Fraser could kick a bag on the undersized Hawks defence.

Im hoping for an excellent game like last year. I was on the edge of my seat that whole game 50,000+ and I dont think either side was ever in front at any stage by much more than 2 goals. Skills were exceptional as well. Good game and a good crowd should make for a great day.

Both teams are a chance, Hawks would be the obvious favourite, but both sides seem to match up fairly well on each other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back