Can we finish top 2?

Remove this Banner Ad

Even if one of them slips up we've shown tonight we're making up the numbers against the big boy midfields.

Swans flag to lose for mine.
The numbers their mids got was embarrassing. We were danced around. I think they were on disco biscuits.

It feels sickening that we are basically relying on North in order for us to secure a top 4 spot but that is the scenario we put ourselves in.

That game is our best chance. North aren't horrible, it's at Etihad, there is pressure on GWS...

Still think there's another twist this weekend ... Melbourne to roll Geelong ? Can't see Collingwood rolling the hawks but stranger things have happened.

Can't believe the negativity and the amount of 'jumping off the train' that's occurred on this board and in social media itself.

We're all disappointed but we came up against a West Coast team that are absolutely flying at the moment. Probably the most insipid performance of the year from our guys but with 2 weeks to fret on their performance they will be guns out blazing 1st week of finals regardless of who we play!

Still think there's another twist this weekend ... Melbourne to roll Geelong ? Can't see Collingwood rolling the hawks but stranger things have happened.

Can't believe the negativity and the amount of 'jumping off the train' that's occurred on this board and in social media itself.

We're all disappointed but we came up against a West Coast team that are absolutely flying at the moment. Probably the most insipid performance of the year from our guys but with 2 weeks to fret on their performance they will be guns out blazing 1st week of finals regardless of who we play!

interesting you say that (and plenty of others), its actually the game I'm most hopeful of. hawks are good, yes, but have lost a couple in the last few weeks, are down ceglar, and collingwood arent 100% turd (ok, close). I'm somewhat hopeful that they can cause an upset. technically hawks can still finish 7th... lol. but they're the kind of team that could probably win it from there :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we dished up what we saw lasty night, not sure I want too. Could be very embarrassing.

It would be nice, but I don't see the other teams crushing under pressure like Adelaide. They all want to be top 4. They want to finish with some form, i had a gut feeling we would lose I hope I'm wrong but I've got a gut feeling they'll all win

2 weeks to fret on their performance
Unlikely considering they dont care anywhere near as much as the fans do. Joking around before the game and then just like after the 2nd geelong loss they were all laughing and smiling, having a good old chat with their opponents. Probably telling them how well they played ffs. Instead of bleeding for the club they are more akin to a lathargic teenage girl working at mcdonalds, not giving a shiz about anything.

Prepare to be disappointed by a performance out of satan's arse. North will get smoked! Not that I won't be screaming for them to win. I'd better pre-warn my neighbours.
Having to rely on results.:mad::$o_O:'(:drunk:

Memo to : Adelaide Football Club
West Lakes.
S.A

Moorabool St.
Geelong
Vic.

Dear Rob, Andrew and Don,

Firstly congratulations on 16 wonderful games of football this year.

We just wanted to also thank you all for your fantastic contribution to the Geelong Football Club this year.

Patrick Dangerfield has been sensational for us this season. He is truly a credit to your recruiting staff and you have clearly developed him into the best footballer in the competition. Clearly you guys have a great handle on player development. Guys like Gunston, Davis and Tippett have clearly flourished under the watchful tutelage of your development staff and gone on to have outstanding careers. Dangerfield will win the Brownlow medal this year, he will win our best and fairest and as of this morning is un backable for the Norm Smith medal. Congratulations to all concerned for helping him to become this footballer. It is difficult to convey our gratitude.

The 2 games of football played against our club this year have been played in great spirit by our 22 players. I must congratulate your club for the selfless and very generous way you approached these games. We came out pretty much unscathed from both games but had really good runs on both occasions, we just dont get that sort of a hitout on the training track. The 8 points were most welcome and we thank you for not making this a laborious process.

Finally, we would again congratulate you for your unselfish performance against West Coast last night. You could easily have gone into this game and ruthlessly pursued a top 2 spot. By unselfishly capitulating to the Eagles you have now ensured 2nd spot for our great club. You have generously made way for the formerly fledgling GWS football club and also given Hawthorn a chance to give their senior players yet another premiership before they end their careers next year, not to mention what a top 2 position does for the Geelong Football Club.

We would like to wish you well for the final series and sincerely hope you can go on to win a final for your incredibly successful and proud club. We cannot imagine the disappointment to your fans if you were not to win at least one final after your season has promised so much.

Kind Regards

Brian, Colin and Chris.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back