Can Worsfold survive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
Worsfold looks gone with famous name former Essendon players Watson, Lloyd and Goddard coming out last 24 hours with criticism of the club's progress. In fact one may be excused for thinking that there is an orchestrated campaign at foot here.

But given the list has holes, i wonder if the expectations are somewhat removed from reality

There are holes in the list but that isn’t entirely Worsfold’s fault. The output from the list however is average, mediocre and sometimes downright rubbish which is basically Essendon over the past 15 years. The problem is probably a mixture of coach and culture. Definitely a lack of on field leadership and that’s more of a list management issue.

There are holes in the list but that isn’t entirely Worsfold’s fault. The output from the list however is average, mediocre and sometimes downright rubbish which is basically Essendon over the past 15 years. The problem is probably a mixture of coach and culture. Definitely a lack of on field leadership and that’s more of a list management issue.

Their inconsistency is the coaches fault though. There is zero reason why Essendon can look a billion dollars one game and then the next ultra crap. They have the talent. There are much less talented sides out there who have accomplished far more.

I just think Worsfold isn’t getting enough out of his player group. Look at how at the Richmond or Sydney players are. Those are examples of good coaches.

Their inconsistency is the coaches fault though. There is zero reason why Essendon can look a billion dollars one game and then the next ultra crap. They have the talent. There are much less talented sides out there who have accomplished far more.

I just think Worsfold isn’t getting enough out of his player group. Look at how at the Richmond or Sydney players are. Those are examples of good coaches.
I agree.

He lost me after our first 2 rounds.

No, Essendon are a media driven club these days and will cave into the pressure from ‘past greats’ who have their own agendas at play.

Woosha has class and will likely step aside with some dignity - hopefully this is afforded to him after taking on the club at it’s lowest.
He was absolutely the right coach at that time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club hierarchy is deluded if they think this list is top 8 quality. They’re not. Hird took the club to its knees (they still haven’t recovered) and was afforded far more latitude and understanding than Worsfold has been. In some ways they haven’t recovered since the saga, yet Woosha is expected to have a top 4 quality finish (despite lack of a top 8 midfield, ruckman, and a perennially injured KPF). It’s mindboggling.

Once the journos start the campaign, most coaches don't survive.

I'm not for or against him but i just don't see who else is out there that is any good other than trying an untried coach.

No finals = no future for Worsfold.

Like Melbourne, Essendon were ridiculously overrated by the media. Very very average list.
Essendon were overrated as top 4 hopefuls, but expecting finals with our list isn't overrating. That's where we should be.

Melbourne weren't overrated. Ok maybe a tad bit. They just made a prelim as the highest scoring side. Underperforming does not always mean overrated.

The club hierarchy is deluded if they think this list is top 8 quality. They’re not. Hird took the club to its knees (they still haven’t recovered) and was afforded far more latitude and understanding than Worsfold has been. In some ways they haven’t recovered since the saga, yet Woosha is expected to have a top 4 quality finish (despite lack of a top 8 midfield, ruckman, and a perennially injured KPF). It’s mindboggling.

?

Top 8 in 2017 and missed by a game in 2018. How is that, by definition, not top 8 quality?

Woosha is an easy target because he is from the Perth.

The Melbourne media mafia love to sink the boots in to 'outsiders'.

The cold hard reality is the Bombers list is bog ordinary. Too many hacks. Mark Baguely gets a game for god's sake.

Yet the fans and Bombers people seem to think they have a great list and Woosha is holding them back.

Delusional.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back