Official Club Stuff Carlton Academy - Next Gen & Father/Son/Daughter Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I wasn’t happy when we traded him for Diesel(!), but it turned out he was one of those players that dominates at VFL level, but isn’t good enough for AFL. Great kick for goal, but purely a lead-up type.

Bulldogs persisted with him for ages (and James Cook), much to their frustration. Teased plenty, but never really delivered.
I remember a West Coast game...

What's actually happening with Oskar this season? He was supposed to be doing a pre-season with Northern... did he not make the squad?

Getting info right now is like pulling teeth as the official channels have gone dark 1 week out from R1 games... and we've still got no info about this NAB League app?

Oskar has been named as a Northern Blues rookie. Not sure how many games he'll get though.

I hear what you're saying, and it sounds a lot like "Pendlebury"...

;)
To be fair, he's a completely different type of player, a bit hard to judge from the footage but he has legs like tree trunks yet manages to get a bit of power out of them. Good at positioning himself and using his body strength to take the mark but not your regular KPP height.

Last edited:
To our Tassie-based supporters who are heading to our game on Sunday afternoon at UTAS Stadium, if you get to the ground early i.e. 11.45am, there will be an opportunity to see Archi Manton in action when the Western Jets take on the Tasmania Devils (should have been called the Thylacines) in the NAB League.

To our Tassie-based supporters who are heading to our game on Sunday afternoon at UTAS Stadium, if you get to the ground early i.e. 11.45am, there will be an opportunity to see Archi Manton in action when the Western Jets take on the Tasmania Devils (should have been called the Thylacines) in the NAB League.
Manton kicked 3 goals in the Jets 47 point win over the Tassie Devils. Not named in the best players though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone implied that Cameron Wild is no longer part of our academy since he moved to Shepperton. I can't give you the link because it's on one of those funny sites that collects old tweets.

Sunny brazier kicked 3.1 today for knights. Not named in bests.

Manton kicked 1 in a big loss to league leaders.

Cameron wild named best on for Murray with a goal too.
I watched the Bushrangers game yesterday & I was quite impressed with Wild. He is a good build, is able to accelerate away from contests in a similar manner to Walsh & his disposal is very good, either pinpointing passes to his teammates or at least kicking to their advantage. I think he is one to keep an eye on.

Walsh's younger brother played in the same game & as far as ruckmen go, he is extremely raw. He is bottom aged so has plenty of time to develop his ruck craft.

I’m not up to speed with all this, do we have claims on Brazier and Wild?
Brazier definitely, and Wild possibly.

Someone implied that Cameron Wild is no longer part of our academy since he moved to Shepperton. I can't give you the link because it's on one of those funny sites that collects old tweets.

Poulter posts on here, and does talent ID for Eastern, but I'm not sure that's a concrete source for Wild's eligibility. His brother is still playing in the Northern league, and I'd imagine Cameron would still fall under our zoning due to his previous years of residence, a rule I don't believe has changed since the NSW & Queensland academies were established.

Given the way he was used last year, you can argue he moved for opportunity as much as anything, and if he's not eligible for us then he must be magically eligible for Richmond...

Last edited:

Poulter posts on here, and does talent ID for Eastern, but I'm not sure that's a concrete source for Wild's eligibility. His brother is still playing in the Northern league, and I'd imagine Cameron would still fall under our zoning due to his previous years of residence, a rule I don't believe has changed since the NSW & Queensland academies were established.

Given the way he was used last year, you can argue he moved for opportunity as much as anything, and if he's not eligible for us then he must be magically eligible for Richmond...

In your opinion Which wild brother would be of most interest?

In your opinion Which wild brother would be of most interest?
Last year it was Cameron by a hair (but he wasn't eligible), but he's exploded out of the blocks this season. Cameron is tracking like a top 40 chance right now.

Mitch has completely dropped off since mid-2018, where he was a rookie chance.

What's Brazier all about then? Tall fwd? Med fwd? Mid? Is he draftable this year?
Contested mid/medium forward. Maybe a rookie chance unless he lifts his performances.

Might just wind up at Northern alongside Penrith.

On the basis that Chris Johnson's (the Lions version) son has remained eligible for the Dopers despite his family relocating from their NGA zone to Kew, one would hope the same would apply to Cameron Wild.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back