News Carlton AFLW Full Scale Review - UPDATE: Harford & Blues part ways

Remove this Banner Ad

The impression I got from that statement was that it was mainly due to Harford not being able to commit to the role full-time (I’m guessing due to his radio gig, amongst other things). Though could also be a polite way of saying he was no longer suitable for the role, who knows…

Freo also still looking for a head coach, so that makes two clubs on the hunt. Will be interesting to see how this continues to play out.
Seems a lot of the dockers players are keen on Lisa Webb who is part of the Dogs AFLW coaching set up and her husband is part of the mens program at the dogs.

She doesn't seem keen on heading back to Perth so hopefully we will be speaking to her.

Another one bites the dust…
Our club, women’s program and the AFL has been a dog’s breakfast…
On a small positive at least we’re going to be compensated in next year’s draft this time…

Poor young girl Carlton supporters... All their favourite players leave every year...
Good point. Loyalty is tested when youngsters see loyalty trashed.

Another one bites the dust…
Our club, women’s program and the AFL has been a dog’s breakfast…
On a small positive at least we’re going to be compensated in next year’s draft this time…
And also as I understand it because we finished in the bottom half of the ladder we can't lose any more players in the PSP, unlike the lLons who lost 2. Be interested to see what we gets compensation.

And also as I understand it because we finished in the bottom half of the ladder we can't lose any more players in the PSP, unlike the lLons who lost 2. Be interested to see what we gets compensation.
You know what we'll get "SFA", compared to what's going out...

Presparkis and Harris, were role models on and off the field for our young female supporters and we lost them for nothing...

Not to mention all the others we have lost that are playing well at other clubs...

You know what we'll get "SFA", compared to what's going out...

Presparkis and Harris, were role models on and off the field for our young female supporters and we lost them for nothing...

Not to mention all the others we have lost that are playing well at other clubs...
To be fair we wanted Harris gone, the media seemed to hear a lot of stories about salaries etc and we, in effect showed her the door.

Prespakis and Mcevoy though have been dissapointing. Examples of a piecemeal league trying to bring in mechanisms to even things out without thinking through the potential consequences.

I thought last season that any club that lost any of their top echelon players, should have been compensated by a first round pick
tied to their first round draft pick, we absolutely should’ve been compensated for Prespakis…
The cream of the AFLW draft talent to date has so far been within the top handful picked, loosing McEvoy 2019 #2 draft pick who was one of the clear standouts of her year and the future of the club, we should be compensated fairly as well in the same manner…
I won’t be holding my breath a for fair and common sense result for all clubs we know how the AFL roles…

I thought last season that any club that lost any of their top echelon players, should have been compensated by a first round pick
tied to their first round draft pick, we absolutely should’ve been compensated for Prespakis…
The cream of the AFLW draft talent to date has so far been within the top handful picked, loosing McEvoy 2019 #2 draft pick who was one of the clear standouts of her year and the future of the club, we should be compensated fairly as well in the same manner…
I won’t be holding my breath a for fair and common sense result for all clubs we know how the AFL roles…
Except we won't be. We'll get less than what we got for Perspakis.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit late here, but I was on hiatus when they announced the review.

I did some work with Errol Amerasekera (co-lead on the review panel) a number of years ago (not in the sporting field).

He is a genuine nice guy, hard working, no BS, no ego. Put his everything into the project we were working on.

I can't vouch for him in the sporting space, but based on his character I'd guess he'd be perfect for culture improvement.

Disappointed, again. Played some good footy in her time with us. Await the appropriate compensation…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back