Carlton in the Media (articles, podcasts etc) - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's openly stated that he would have stayed for half of the increase offered by the Crows. We stuffed up; big-time. I thought he was washed up when he left. Boy was I mistaken. Live and Learn.

Just one of the many errors of the MM era we live with. Thankfully Eddie is now back where he belongs.

Anyone that has paywall access to the Herald Scum happy to do an ol' copy and paste?

Buckenara: Why Blues can win flag in two years

Against site rules to C&P whole articles, so I'll provide a summary (I have a Hun subscription cos I pay for home deliveries to my folks place :) ). Comments in parentheses are all mine, not his.

Finals next year should be first step.

Slow build of elite young talent, now primed to hit trade and FA market.

Fair Saad trade? Top 20 pick, or pick 7 with pick in teens coming back (about the most rational suggestion I've heard from a media personality, I must say).

Zac Williams; a nice addition, but not if he's going to cost the touted sums of 800 - 900 K (but he's not, so we don't need to care about that). Players worth that: Bont, Heeney (?), Pendles. Worries that ZW price could affect young star contracts in future (again, he needs to stop listening to bullshit sums).

Charlie return will be huuuuge. Him, McKay, McGov/TDK, Martin; a frightening forward half. Wants McKay to have more consistent impact (don't we all?).

(This next bit is going to be interesting in terms of reactions around here :) )

7 players 21 and under who could be stars; LOB (!!!), Philp, Stocker included. Time to get Betts out of the team to get a spot for these types and see what they can do (a la Port). Additional year for Eddie a mistake, won't be in next flag team.

Needs: find more help for Cripps (der) and not assume that improvement will come naturally. Need to keep working on and with the likes of Weits, Harry, TDK, Gibbo. While SPS, Dow, LOB, Stocker, Marchbank, Fish and Setters all need to "knuckle down".

Trades: Don't go after the likes of JDG, off field issues, injuries and inconsistency. Prefers Saad any day. Let JDG go to Norf for a mil, they'll be silly enough (!!). Based on last year's Wines rumour, should revisit that possibility, he wanted to return - lure of flag with Port may not have overcome the reasons for wanting to come home. Parker from Swans another suggestion, 28 next year, would be a huge help in the middle and won't play in Swans next flag. Offer them pick 7 (!!). Ask the question of Lonie from Saints - OOC.

(Another section that it will be fun to see the local reaction to)

Untouchables: Cripps (der), Dow (!!), Walsh (der), Harry, Weiterbot and Charllie (all der!), Fish, Stocker (!!), LOB (!!), Marchbank, Setters, SPS (!!), Plow, Philp, Martin, Jones, Ed, Doch (der), Kemp.

Trade Bait: Levi [cos he's under contract]. Dow's name been thrown around, but he SHOULDN'T be up for trade. Buckenara thinks he'll still be a good player.

Ratings [A: Elite on any list, B: Top 10 - 18 player on most lists, C: 18 - 30 player)

A: Crippa
B: Ed, Doch, Fish, Jones, Marchbank, Martin, Murph (!!), Newnes, SPS (!!), Plow (!!), Weits
C: Eddie, Levi, Cunners, Charlie [cos of injury], Gibbo, Knnedy, Macreadie, McGov, McKay, Moore (!!), Newman, Pitt, Polson, Setters (huh?), JSOS, Williamson

Developing [possible A/Bs]: TDK, Dow, Kemp, LOB, Philp, Stocker, Walsh (he should be A already, at worst B - which team wouldn't find a spot for him?)

Developing: Cottrell, Honey, Owies, Phillips, Ramsay.

Future: Talented enough for finals next year with ZW and Saad, but not a serious threat. 2022 could be a serious contender if we can recruit 1 or 2 more big-bodied mids (assume high-quality).

That's about it. Obviously the article is more verbose, but I don't know how much we can get away with here. All the vital points are here, and there's plenty of discussion fodder in that lot! :)

Against site rules to C&P whole articles, so I'll provide a summary (I have a Hun subscription cos I pay for home deliveries to my folks place :) ). Comments in parentheses are all mine, not his.

Fair Saad trade? Top 20 pick, or pick 7 with pick in teens coming back (about the most rational suggestion I've heard from a media personality, I must say).

Zac Williams; a nice addition, but not if he's going to cost the touted sums of 800 - 900 K (but he's not, so we don't need to care about that). Players worth that: Bont, Heeney (?), Pendles. Worries that ZW price could affect young star contracts in future (again, he needs to stop listening to bullshit sums).

Charlie return will be huuuuge. Him, McKay, McGov/TDK, Martin; a frightening forward half. Wants McKay to have more consistent impact (don't we all?).

(This next bit is going to be interesting in terms of reactions around here :) )

7 players 21 and under who could be stars; LOB (!!!), Philp, Stocker included. Time to get Betts out of the team to get a spot for these types and see what they can do (a la Port). Additional year for Eddie a mistake, won't be in next flag team.

Needs: find more help for Cripps (der) and not assume that improvement will come naturally. Need to keep working on and with the likes of Weits, Harry, TDK, Gibbo. While SPS, Dow, LOB, Stocker, Marchbank, Fish and Setters all need to "knuckle down".

Trades: Don't go after the likes of JDG, off field issues, injuries and inconsistency. Prefers Saad any day. Let JDG go to Norf for a mil, they'll be silly enough (!!). Based on last year's Wines rumour, should revisit that possibility, he wanted to return - lure of flag with Port may not have overcome the reasons for wanting to come home. Parker from Swans another suggestion, 28 next year, would be a huge help in the middle and won't play in Swans next flag. Offer them pick 7 (!!). Ask the question of Lonie from Saints - OOC.

Untouchables: Cripps (der), Dow (!!), Walsh (der), Harry, Weiterbot and Charllie (all der!), Fish, Stocker (!!), LOB (!!), Marchbank, Setters, SPS (!!), Plow, Philp, Martin, Jones, Ed, Doch (der), Kemp.

Trade Bait: Levi [cos he's under contract]. Dow's name been thrown around, but he SHOULDN'T be up for trade. Buckenara thinks he'll still be a good player.

Ratings [A: Elite on any list, B: Top 10 - 18 player on most lists, C: 18 - 30 player)

B: Ed, Doch, Fish, Jones, Marchbank, Martin, Murph (!!), Newnes, SPS (!!), Plow (!!), Weits
C: Eddie, Levi, Cunners, Charlie [cos of injury], Gibbo, Knnedy, Macreadie, McGov, McKay, Moore (!!), Newman, Pitt, Polson, Setters (huh?), JSOS, Williamson

Developing [possible A/Bs]: TDK, Dow, Kemp, LOB, Philp, Stocker, Walsh (he should be A already, at worst B - which team wouldn't find a spot for him?)

Future: Talented enough for finals next year with ZW and Saad, but not a serious threat. 2022 could be a serious contender if we can recruit 1 or 2 more big-bodied mids (assume high-quality).

That's about it. Obviously the article is more verbose, but I don't know how much we can get away with here. All the vital points are here, and there's plenty of discussion fodder in that lot! :)

Good work. Very much appreciated.

Fantastic,OBF! Legend!

SOS confirming what I have been hearing, the jungle drums continue to beat re Cripps.

WHY BLUES’ 2021 CAMPAIGN IS HUGE FOR CRIPPS
Ex-Carlton list boss Stephen Silvagni believes there’d be “a bit of a concern” over the future of captain Patrick Cripps at the club given his reluctance to re-sign beyond 2021.

Cripps inked a three year deal midway through 2018 to stave off rival clubs, but the WA native continues to be linked to a potential move home, with journalist Kim Hagdorn telling 6PR this week the 25-year-old wants to finish his career in Perth.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SOS confirming what I have been hearing, the jungle drums continue to beat re Cripps.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm not worried about Cripps leaving as long as it's not as a FA. Wed be handsomely compensated with picks and a young gun.

Cripps body could be toast by the time he's 29

Plus one of Kemp, Stocker or Dow surely has to make it

Last edited:
Bit of a fluff piece on Walsh and Setterfield.

Not much Intel in there, but worth perusing even just as an excuse to watch Walsh's MOTY for the 82nd time...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back