2nds Carlton Reserves 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I would like to read Jimmae scholar articles in the Art of running Techniques.
Don't lean forward with your head or your waist, don't lean much at all unless you're reaching for the ball or a last-second lunge for a tackle/smother.

Straight-ish back and don't sway/roll your hips so you can engage and utilise your hamstrings to lengthen your stride and accelerate instead of wasting energy bouncing up and down on the spot.

Don't push off your toes, and start by checking your shoes if that's a consistent issue.

By all means plant your feet when the contested part of the game kicks in, but you'll evade plenty of tackles if your running technique is good because you'll have a mean sidestep and more opportunities to use it.

There's a 2 minute video of Stocker amongst those video tweets, watch it, then watch his junior tape. It's night and day, all while he's put on mass in his backside for no reason.

Get him a sprint coach and balance that crap out.

Don't lean forward with your head or your waist, don't lean much at all unless you're reaching for the ball or a last-second lunge for a tackle/smother.

Straight-ish back and don't sway/roll your hips so you can engage and utilise your hamstrings to lengthen your stride and accelerate instead of wasting energy bouncing up and down on the spot.

Don't push off your toes, and start by checking your shoes if that's a consistent issue.

By all means plant your feet when the contested part of the game kicks in, but you'll evade plenty of tackles if your running technique is good because you'll have a mean sidestep and more opportunities to use it.

There's a 2 minute video of Stocker amongst those video tweets, watch it, then watch his junior tape. It's night and day, all while he's put on mass in his backside for no reason.

Get him a sprint coach and balance that crap out.
You should be leaning forward a bit, landing mid foot and pushing off your toes.

The way it was described to me was it's like you are about to fall forward but you keep pushing off maintaining momentum and taking stress off your feet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You should be leaning forward a bit, landing mid foot and pushing off your toes.

The way it was described to me was it's like you are about to fall forward but you keep pushing off maintaining momentum and taking stress off your feet.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
A tiny lean is fine but that's the whole body angled, not straining your neck out or pushing forward with the waist. You should be striking with the ball of your foot.

Agree with the description.

Where’s your interest in this lad come from? Is there a Blues connection?
Unfortunately no Carlton connection. He comes from a Tiger-crazy family, including being related to a late Tigers Life Member.

I know his family so I have been aware of him for a little while. He was MVP for the Vic Metro Under 16 team a couple of years ago & made the All Australian Under 16 team that year. He also played finals footy with the Eastern Ranges Under 18s as a 16 year old & acquitted himself quite well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like we had lots of contributors across all areas of the ground. Willo in defence, Stocker/Kennedy in the middle, and Cunners/Honey/Owies up forward.

You love to see it.

Watching those highlights, Cunners needs to be in the ones, quick agile and a good user of the ball. Loved when he ran past LOB for the handball receive who dumbied and kicked it inside 50 but Cunners kept running to receive the pass closer to goal.

Kennedy looks to be moving better than any time at the club.

LOB's looked really good with ball in hand. Hope he can address the issues of when he doesn't have it.

One more game for Gov and then he will be back in the side for sure.

Watching those highlights, Cunners needs to be in the ones, quick agile and a good user of the ball. Loved when he ran past LOB for the handball receive who dumbied and kicked it inside 50 but Cunners kept running to receive the pass closer to goal.

Kennedy looks to be moving better than any time at the club.

LOB's looked really good with ball in hand. Hope he can address the issues of when he doesn't have it.

One more game for Gov and then he will be back in the side for sure.

Pity for DC on the concussion (11 tackles, 12th TKO’d) as he certainly was looking the goods by the highlights.
A point of difference player for us, if it ever consistently clicks.

Watch Philp get senior games before LOB/Stocker/Kennedy for this exact reason.

Looked pretty impressive last season in the practice matches. Pity on the injury but could be a smoky to jump the queue on promotion. Speed & defensive minded (whilst kicking goals last year), we’re crying out for.

Looked pretty impressive last season in the practice matches. Pity on the injury but could be a smoky to jump the queue on promotion. Speed & defensive minded (whilst kicking goals last year), we’re crying out for.
Despite his endurance testing, I think he'll fade out of games too readily until he tidies a few things up, maybe even get injured on the regular. Promising enough though, but there was plenty of talent around that spot and we can't afford another player who isn't on the park enough to develop.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back