Preview Carlton v Brisbane Lions Round 8 (Friday 5 May 7:50PM @Marvel)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is spoken like someone that didn’t watch Gunston play much at Hawthorn. He’s a great smart leading forward, and was honestly one of the best kicks around.

No idea what’s gotten into him since he’s been up here, but you have to back him in to find form for a bit.
I watched him play at Hawthorn. He was a GUN. At 31 years of age, he is far from his prime.

I'm on record as not being a great fan of Noz. I appreciate he cracks in and has a good tank, but never liked him down back or on a wing. However, watching him play in the guts in the twos has started to turn me around a bit. Can win the hard ball and might help out Neale, Dunkley et al distribute the ball a bit better. His defensive side is also a string - seems not too long ago some with bemoaning the lack of role players in the team.

As for Sharp, I'm still not seeing it, but acknowledge that there are things that you can't really see on TV.
Be interesting to see where they play Noah, in defense or midfield. Could even get a tag role.
Agree in that he looks better in that midfield role in the VFL. Gets him more involved and hands on the footy at VFL level.

Deserves his spot this week as it is hard to come on as a sub and get involved in the game in his 26 minutes of the last quarter.
7 disposals @ 86%, 4 being contested, 3 tackles, 2 marks, 3 intercepts, 3 score involvements, 1 inside 50 & 1 turnover, 1 free against.

For some reason i think Sharp will play forward and have a run with role on Saad.

Riewoldt thought that Jackson Paine will play on Curnow. The host thought that the lights went off in the Collingwood game. Then some rubbish that Charlie Cameron would be a better appreciated player if he played for a Melbourne club. That's when I turned it off on Kayo.

I just watched the argument and I feel like you’re being a bit disingenuous to what was actually said throughout it.

1. Payne will actually play on Curnow and Fagan mentioned it earlier this week as well so it’s not exactly far fetched. If this is more about the Jackson part then it makes sense but Jack most likely nailed how we would play Curnow and McKay.

2. Honestly both the Melbourne and Collingwood games felt really similar in the trajectory of the game and if was an off handed comment made to Howe who was also funnily enough a former Melbourne player. It did get corrected basically straight after.

3. Jack said that Charlie often is under appreciated due to not being in the Victorian spotlight. It wasn’t said in a ‘Brisbane don’t appreciate him like a Melbourne club would’ but more like ‘the media in Melbourne don’t appreciate him as much as they should’. Was also mentioned that he is overshadowed by Jeremy and Curnow because they actually play in a Victorian based side (while also playing extremely well). It was actually an admission of the current biases in the media and making an adjusted statement based on the fact that he himself would be influenced by them.

Finally, both Jack and Howe tipped Carlton but let’s be real there’s reasonable explanation for that. Both thought it would be a close game though.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Be interesting to see where they play Noah, in defense or midfield. Could even get a tag role.
Agree in that he looks better in that midfield role in the VFL. Gets him more involved and hands on the footy at VFL level.

Deserves his spot this week as it is hard to come on as a sub and get involved in the game in his 26 minutes of the last quarter.
7 disposals @ 86%, 4 being contested, 3 tackles, 2 marks, 3 intercepts, 3 score involvements, 1 inside 50 & 1 turnover, 1 free against.

For some reason i think Sharp will play forward and have a run with role on Saad.
Where Noah plays will be an interesting one, if he gets some mid time I’ll understand it a bit more, if he plays as a forward or on a wing I think we’ve got better options.

That's an interesting thought.

I reckon Saad would tear him apart.

But when you think it through Sharp could be some hope in a defensive role after spending his career so far in tying to get the ball.

If it were me, I’d have Answerth tag Saad, much the same as Keays has done, the past two times Adelaide has played Carlton.

If it were me, I’d have him tag Saad, much the same as Keays has done, the past two times Adelaide has played Carlton.
Keays has a tank and can get to both ends of the field.

Haven't seen that from Harry as yet.

But in principle the only way Carlton will beat us is if Saad gets off the chain and starts setting up their 2 big forwards. So we need to put some work into Saad.

But in principle the only way Carlton will beat us is if Saad gets off the chain and starts setting up their 2 big forwards. So we need to put some work into Saad.
Are you saying that Harry doesn’t have a tank?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant Answerth tag Saad.

Sharp will play wing. I’d be very, very surprised if Sharp played forward.

Pay no attention to any of the seat ‘information’, it’ll be anywhere you can find on level 3 to sit (or stand on the ground level).
Spot on. Dont take any notice on your ticket on your phone where you are sitting. Means nothing. Just for everyones info my previous post about seating was wrong as per what was on the Brisbane Lions website. They accidently left the seating area up for members from the bulldogs game but have been advised they have an area on Level 3 for Lions supporters in aisle 1.

I watched him play at Hawthorn. He was a GUN. At 31 years of age, he is far from his prime.

Don’t disagree there, but even when he came back from injury last year at Hawthorn he looked pretty good. Just don’t think he’s quite clicked with our team yet

Looks like Squiggle gets it wrong again ;)

Carlton
Carlton 79 - 70 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

Docklands (VIC)
HGA:
Carlton
+8.0 pts
Ins/Outs:
Carlton
+5.0 pts

Mind you anyone who keeps us to 70 points deserves to win!

Williams ,Wallace , Black ,Kirk, etc etc dozens of them couldn't run out of sight on a foggy night but had huge tanks.

I'm confused that people think someone who can run really fast has a huge tank.

Williams ,Wallace , Black ,Kirk, etc etc dozens of them couldn't run out of sight on a foggy night but had huge tanks.

If we’re still talking about Sharp then it’s not just that he can run fast, he’s won every long distance time trial since he’s been at the club and by pretty significant margins. If he didn’t have the tank he has he would’ve struggled to get drafted in the first place, it’s his number one strength by far imo.

He comes from a middle distance background.

During preseason, we sat there watching the players do repeat 400’s.

Harry was on the front setting a 1 minute lap pace.

Each lap. He paced at 1 minute. Not even Berry or Clugga could stay with him by the third lap. By the 5th lap it was getting ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back