Preview Round 23 - Collingwood v Brisbane Lions. Marvel Stadium Friday 18 August 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that. Just noticed this:

View attachment 1776000

Presumably these are unused Collingwood members tickets, releasing to public.
We got tickets about a month ago, but i'd happily trade in our L3 tickets for L1 tickets.
Good to know for future... no need to buy so far in advance and wait until tickets are handed back in.

Edit: okay a lot of singles, and several pairs, and few groups of 3. Still good to know!

We got tickets about a month ago, but i'd happily trade in our L3 tickets for L1 tickets.
Good to know for future... no need to buy so far in advance and wait until tickets are handed back in.

Edit: okay a lot of singles, and several pairs, and few groups of 3. Still good to know!
Really? I'd much prefer to sit up top. Pays to get a reserved seat when a decent attendance is expected.

Fly pretty much conceded that they can afford to drop this one, and DeGoey and Hill would likely be playing if it was a GF (or they had more to play for).

I'm sure the Pies will still go hard - but they could be a little off as they move into caretaker mode, making sure their best team is ready for week 1 of the finals. Other than momentum, the Pies have nothing to play for the next 2 weeks. They realistically can't drop below 2nd place...and 1 or 2 is the same outcome. If this week is anything like physical, can expect Collingwood to play their reserves against Essendon next week, and put the seniors on a training block...

(not building up this game much... but we can't lose it!!).
I do believe there is a slight advantage finishing first, providing you win the first semi you play the Prelim: on the Friday night, and have an extra days rest before the GF. In such a tight competition small things matter.

I do believe there is a slight advantage finishing first, providing you win the first semi you play the Prelim: on the Friday night, and have an extra days rest before the GF. In such a tight competition small things matter.
Interesting.

I read this and thought nah don’t reckon.

But going back through the last few years i think you’re spot on

First thursday final seems a bit more up in the air - tends to be an elimination final but not always. Hope it is as thursday would be tricky for me this year

Watching the highlights from round 4 and Rayner just looks a different player some weeks. That game was phenomenal

Also can see what we're missing with Ashcroft out. Some amazing ball use and work through traffic for someone in their 100th game let alone just their 4th

And a shame we don't get to see more Nick Daicos squibs

Watching the highlights from round 4 and Rayner just looks a different player some weeks. That game was phenomenal

Also can see what we're missing with Ashcroft out. Some amazing ball use and work through traffic for someone in their 100th game let alone just their 4th

Really? I'd much prefer to sit up top. Pays to get a reserved seat when a decent attendance is expected.
I agree. Level 3 Aisle 12 is a great place to watch from. The first four or five rows are cordoned off for home team members but after that the idea is to get in early and grab a spot.

IMG_6226.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viceregal a squiggle
Update please?
No change from Sunday until after the teams are announced so atm it is still

Collingwood
Collingwood 82 - 81 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

Docklands (VIC)
HGA:
Collingwood
+7.5 pts
Ins/Outs:
Collingwood
+0.0 pts

but will repost when Ins/Outs get factored in :)

No change from Sunday until after the teams are announced so atm it is still

Collingwood
Collingwood 82 - 81 Brisbane Lions
Brisbane Lions

Docklands (VIC)
HGA:
Collingwood
+7.5 pts
Ins/Outs:
Collingwood
+0.0 pts

but will repost when Ins/Outs get factored in :)

Why do we even bother playing the match

I forgot he squibbed the Wilmot one as well as the Ashcroft one.

Charlie caused so much chaos getting out the back. Went through about 3 or 4 different opponents as none could get near him. Quaynor has massively improved since then but Charlie gave him a total bath.

And yeah wow if only we could get that Rayner more often

I forgot he squibbed the Wilmot one as well as the Ashcroft one.

Charlie caused so much chaos getting out the back. Went through about 3 or 4 different opponents as none could get near him. Quaynor has massively improved since then but Charlie gave him a total bath.

And yeah wow if only we could get that Rayner more often
You watch those highlights and you see all that we are lacking in the last few weeks.
A hungry midfield winning the ball.

Clug and Bailey seem to be hitting form..Neale and Dunkley are good enough to hit purple patches immediately after being a little down..I’m not too worried about it
Agree, unless their is an injuring hindering their performance..... Neale and Dunkley will appreciate the bye.

Recently we have had quite a few chances to slip into 2nd position on the ladder.
Last week we finally moved into that position shaky as it is.

Let's hope we do better than last year.
We were 4th going into round 23 being the last round that year.
The Dees gave us a hiding and we dropped two spots to 6th and an EF v Tigers at The Gabba.

Quite often teams play their GF other than on GF day.
Sometimes it is actually before the finals start other times it may be a QF or PF.
Some teams are just harder for your gameplan to beat etc.
This game could very well be that type of game for the Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back