Game Day Round 23, 2023 - Collingwood vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feeling very confident. Going tonight with my youngest son. Going to watch Brisbane ‘live’ together is our thing and for all the talk of the MCG hoodoo and a number of games where we haven’t turned up, we are still miles in front in terms of the great wins we have been to. I’m sure he will never forget our 2022 Semi Final win against Melbourne and tonight looms as another opportunity to write a little bit of football history.

Winning tonight sends a clear message to the AFL community and with our best possible side on the park, I feel sure we will get the job done.

LIONS BY LOTS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all honesty, Kingy is just saying what we’re all thinking whether we want to admit it or not. Huge game!
Don’t mind this. Fagan needs to use it. He needs to give it to the players, challenging them to ‘turn up’ from the first bounce. There should be no way we concede the first three or four goals. If that happens, then it is an indication that Fagan is simply not giving the right message or the players are not listening. I don’t think we will go there. We should be breathing fire from the word go.

Feeling very confident. Going tonight with my youngest son. Going to watch Brisbane ‘live’ together is our thing and for all the talk of the MCG hoodoo and a number of games where we haven’t turned up, we are still miles in front in terms of the great wins we have been to. I’m sure he will never forget our 2022 Semi Final win against Melbourne and tonight looms as another opportunity to write a little bit of football history.

Winning tonight sends a clear message to the AFL community and with our best possible side on the park, I feel sure we will get the job done.

LIONS BY LOTS!
see you in Isle 12

If we totally ignore our round 23 games against Melbourne last year
To be honest, I think we got a bit lucky we ran into a banged up Melbourne during the finals. Good win nonetheless, but if anything it almost reinforces the point, in that getting home final Gabba games are so important. We played two huge finals last year, before having to travel back & forth for the prelim, by which time we were just sitting ducks. It's huge for us to win tonight to have control as to where we play next month, there's no sugar coating that.

Tonight performance will be a true indicator as to where we are mentally as a team and a club. So much on the line. Prime time game.
Huge amount at stake.
Like the look of the team.
Prior stiff out as he performed well last week.
Need Kiddies kicking to open the game up for us.
Need A+ Neale&Dunkley to turn up
Need another game like last week from Clug and Linc

It’s the unpredictability of what shows up in that first qtr that always concerns me.

C’mon 🦁’s stamp yourselves into the top two and shut this vfl centric media up.

If we totally ignore our round 23 games against Melbourne last year

Yep, losing tonight doesn't mean we can't win finals or even beat collingwood when they get their better players back.

HOWEVER - a win tonight sets us up for September and having the inside track at a grand final, so a fair bit more significant than the round 23 game last year. While if we'd won that game we'd have finished 4th rather than 6th, pretty big difference between that and a home qualifying final most likely against Port.

The reality is, this is the team I think most of us have been wanting (sans Ashcroft) so win, lose or draw, this IS the only combination really that can take us to the flag IF it is going to happen (maybe Fletcher for Sharp if he still shows signs of fatigue tonight).

Regardless, this has the run we have been screaming out for.

Don’t mind this. Fagan needs to use it. He needs to give it to the players, challenging them to ‘turn up’ from the first bounce. There should be no way we concede the first three or four goals. If that happens, then it is an indication that Fagan is simply not giving the right message or the players are not listening. I don’t think we will go there. We should be breathing fire from the word go.
If it came from a credible source like someone connected to Collingwood's inner santum, yes Fagan would probably use it but coming from Fox Footy & specifically King, I very much doubt anyone in our club would take it seriously...especially the players.

i was interested to visit the Collingwood site to see who they think will come into the mifield. I would put Aldi Daicos in there.

The thread is full, and I mean full,of venom directed at fellow Collingwood posters.

We are gentlemen in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back