Preview Round 23 - Collingwood v Brisbane Lions. Marvel Stadium Friday 18 August 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a look at our side that gave the Pies a pasting at the Gabba in round 4 these are the players who wont be playing/possible changes tomorrow night >

Outs- Darragh Joyce, Will Ashcroft, Jack Gunston.. + maybe Jaxon Prior.

Ins- Ryan Lester, Callum Ah Chee, Dev Robertson(sub in round 4), Jaspa Fletcher.

Kai Lohmann or a tall also a possibility to come in instead of Robertson/Fletcher.
Interesting to note that Gunston also played in our win over the Demons in round 2 in which Fort and O both played as well, probably our 2 best wins of the season... with a 3 tall forward set up and one of them with 2 dedicated rucks as well.:think:

Having a look at our side that gave the Pies a pasting at the Gabba in round 4 these are the players who wont be playing/possible changes tomorrow night >

Ins- Ryan Lester, Callum Ah Chee, Dev Robertson(sub in round 4), Jaspa Fletcher.

Kai Lohmann or a tall also a possibility to come in instead of Robertson/Fletcher.
Interesting to note that Gunston also played in our win over the Demons in round 2 in which Fort and O both played as well, probably our 2 best wins of the season... with a 3 tall forward set up and one of them with 2 dedicated rucks as well.:think:
I would be happy for Fort or Fullarton to be the Sub but I would probably just go for Fletcher to replace Gunston in the starting team and Kiddy for Prior.

We then have Rayner and AhChee to float as the third talls and also a bit of time on ball for both.

If we find ourselves in front in the last quarter we make the change and atleast then we will have an extra tall down the line when we inevitably revert to the down the line playing style to slow the game down.

The Pies board has been surprisingly super respectful to us. Rare to see an opposition supporter base rate us that highly even more than our own fans.

It’s because we’re the only team that really tore them apart all year. They’ve had a couple close losses, and the hawks game they probably fell into a similar trap we did with them, but they played pretty well and did what they wanted to and we just crushed them.

Don’t think that’ll happen this week, but that would be why they respect us.

Pies had issues in forward line back then - no Elliott, McStay had to ruck coz all their rucks were injured etc.

In comparison now they don't have DeGoey, Hill, Moore and Daicos. I'll take the outs this round compared to round 4 thanks.

If the game ends up a bit of a shoot out, both teams score over 100 points I think Collingwood will probably get the better of us.
But if we can keep them to under 80 points it might be our best chance to win the game. Forward and Midfield pressure is the key to winning this one imo.

From the games I have watched of theirs, Collingwood's forwards seem to be more accurate than ours.

McStay is their only real tall, with the rotating ruck coming in/out, but all the other forwards play as smalls and can kick them from anywhere. Going to be interesting to see who Starce plays on out of the lot of them.

This observation is only from watching 3-4 games over the season, but I agree, don't want this game to end up as a shootout.

Pies had issues in forward line back then - no Elliott, McStay had to ruck coz all their rucks were injured etc.

In comparison now they don't have DeGoey, Hill, Moore and Daicos. I'll take the outs this round compared to round 4 thanks.
Elliot played in that game.
Didn’t kick straight but played.
They also had a bit of disruption that week due to someone from the Lions (apparently) leaking photos of Jack Crisps D?#!

From the games I have watched of theirs, Collingwood's forwards seem to be more accurate than ours.

McStay is their only real tall, with the rotating ruck coming in/out, but all the other forwards play as smalls and can kick them from anywhere. Going to be interesting to see who Starce plays on out of the lot of them.

This observation is only from watching 3-4 games over the season, but I agree, don't want this game to end up as a shootout.
Mihocek is probably their Genuine tall but I agree he plays more like a small.
Our defenders will have to be prepared to run.

Elliot actually played kicked three behinds I believe. But yes McStay was mostly rucking with the odd period in the forward line.

Elliot actually played kicked three behinds I believe. But yes McStay was mostly rucking with the odd period in the forward line.
Pretty sure Elliot's behinds were weirdly inaccurate for a guy who is genuinely a great set shot. You'd have backed him to nail those shots 8/10

Pretty sure Elliot's behinds were weirdly inaccurate for a guy who is genuinely a great set shot. You'd have backed him to nail those shots 8/10
Think he might have even kicked one out on the full.
His radar was definitely off that night, we won’t get that luxury again on Friday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what has happened to Carter Michael, just seems to have disappeared off the radar? Last I remember he was out with a quad strain but that was months ago.

Fort was on the plane today flying with the group.
Very hard to tell what they are going to do, equally possible that they go Fort as the extra tall for Gunston or he is the sub as Fages would hate to be caught out if a tall goes down during the game. We will find out in 1 hour.

I am hoping Fort is the sub or just a travelling emergency... they take 25 for away trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back