Carlton will be fine

Remove this Banner Ad

How about this:

"Carlton emphatically dominated every key aspect of the game but still lost. This extraordinary and unprecedented circumstance will take about 10 years to unpick."
Unsure how we dominate every key aspect while having 2 goal less quarters lol. As always, bad kicking is bad footy.

The form you're in, you'll probably tell us goal kicking isn't a key aspect next :tearsofjoy:

Sometimes, it all comes down to a few moments in the last 2-3 minutes. The game, the season, everything.

Classic example is Buckley in the 2002 GF, he won the N Smith but who did all the heavy lifting, the heroic stuff, at the end of the game? Voss. And he walked away with the medal that counts.

Cripps may have had a great game but that ridiculous decision to try to burst through 3 players when he should have given off to an unmarked Williams is the reason the Blues are not playing finals, that was the last chance.
Yeah he had ample time to “throw” out a classic Cripps “handball”
Throw Quarterback GIF by Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Carlton are back as a serious proposition and won't be falling back to the spoon anytime soon.
Disappointing for them to be 9th but they were only a step away form the finals and I'm already looking forward to Round 1 next year.

Can't wait to see who Voss recruits in the off season!

A bitter finish to the year for Carlton, but I'm still really bullish on their prospects. I think they're building a team which will be very good and should contend in the next few years.

The midfield quality and depth has improved with the likes of Hewett, Kennedy and Cerra supporting Cripps and Walsh. That sort of midfield has a hardness and contested nature which will help them win plenty of games and stand up in finals. Weitering and Young are quality key backs you can build around and to go with quality ball users and rebounders in Docherty and Saad. I like that mix and quality they've got down back. Having high quality tall forwards in Curnow and McKay is huge and those two players will go a long way in determining Carlton's fortunes. There's plenty to like, I rate the list and you can build around these players who fill important positions on the ground.

Even though the outcome of this season is a fail as they missed finals, we did see an overall improvement in this team from last year. I don't think Carlton is far off contending, I reckon they are building a well balanced team on each line and I'm tipping they will be well suited for finals football. Should they have a good run with injury overall and get close to maximising the potential and talent on the list, they will make the top 4 in 2023 IMO.

It’s funny watching all the Carlton supporters berate the Collingwood supporters for their behaviour in here when the same Carlton supporters have been acting/posting the same s**t in every Essendon thread I’ve seen this year 😂
Don't ruin the magic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back