Carlton
Cant believe Jack Silvagni is 194cm 89kgs
same height as Alex Rance & Noah Balta

Unfortunately without the speed and athleticism

Nov 13, 2015
In Transit
AFL Club
Carlton
The reason we got rid of them was because the list was unbalanced though, there is still more than enough options for KPD, rather we target that natural small forward or small defender.

Small defender? Saad plays that role, yeah?

Plowman spanked the game's best small forwards this year

Williams can always cover if needed

Small defenders are the last thing we need

cfc05

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
carlton
Suns don’t need points for academy kids with the concessions they got last year.
What has that got to do with pick 27? I simply said it would have been nice to get pick 27 - which will be traded.

That pick will be moved, almost certainly, look at their list composition. Suns Pick 37 was used as a piece in Sydney's reasoning for doing our trade.

Tipping they will eventually get a 2021 second rounder for 27, however would have been nice if it was for our future 3rd or we found a way to make it work with steak knives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
GAVROI MOUNIA... GAMW TON PIRAEA
More of a wish list if anything and barring any obvious top 20 talent falling down the order and still being available, my preference is the following:

Pick #31 - Winder/Baldwin

Pick #38 - Phoenix Spicer

Spicer and Winder are both explosive, quick, versatile and can add to our forward press and midfield.

Even though Baldwin is a KPF his talent (even if as a result of an ACL - see Kemp) would be too good to pass up IMO, he also affords us the flexibility to send McGovern down back if needed.

I'm not so sold on James Rowe as he seems more of a Jack Higgins type small forward.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades
More of a wish list if anything and barring any obvious top 20 talent falling down the order and still being available, my preference is the following:

Pick #31 - Winder/Baldwin

Pick #38 - Phoenix Spicer

Spicer and Winder are both explosive, quick, versatile and can add to our forward press and midfield.

Even though Baldwin is a KPF his talent (even if as a result of an ACL - see Kemp) would be too good pass up IMO, also affords us the flexibility to send McGovern down back if needed.

I'm not so sold on James Rowe as he seems more of a Jack Higgins type small forward.
I wouldn't mind Spicer or Winder. I really think we need a small forward, but a young KPD and Jones replacement just seems like something we shouldn't be leaving until later, especially seeing key position players take a good 4 or so years of development first.

murphster

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Steelers,Dodgers,Casey Stoner
I wouldn't mind Spicer or Winder. I really think we need a small forward, but a young KPD and Jones replacement just seems like something we shouldn't be leaving until later, especially seeing key position players take a good 4 or so years of development first.
Yeah not sure we would take both Winder and Spicer either or, assuming Cox or Reid don’t slide otherwise I could see us trying to move up to get one of them which would negate both those picks.

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Yeah not sure we would take both Winder and Spicer either or, assuming Cox or Reid don’t slide otherwise I could see us trying to move up to get one of them which would negate both those picks.

Probably where my wish list ventures into fantasy.

Nov 3, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sandringham Zebras, Melbourne Renegades

FOR THE REMAINING 4 SPOTS ON OUR LIST

1.DFA KPD. Absolutely need mature cover for our two KPD’s. McDonald should be our priority. Trengove or Daw are decent as well.

2. Draft a KPD (Cox/Reid) to develop for 2-3 years and hopefully step into the seniors team when Jones/Casboult are finished. We don’t need to draft one if we get a young enough KPD like McDonald.

3. A small forward who's a natural goal kicker, not a converted midfielder. Possibly a mature aged state league player, but a draftee would be fine. If we get Cox or Reid, then Matera as a DFA would be my preference. If not, then Rowe, Spicer or Winder in the draft are all good too.

4. Take this list spot (plus possibly spot no. 2) to the mid season draft windows. If we don’t draft a KPD, we need to keep in mind an eventual replacement for Jones.

Jul 7, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
I have it on good authority that if Logan McDonald is still on the board at #31 we will take him :thumbsu:
Get Austin to start channelling Kevin Costner and letting other list managers know that you think he's a bust, none of his junior teammates attended his birthday, clearly not a team player. Then swoop with a crazy pick swap.

Dec 18, 2005
Barstow, Cal14nia
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Get Austin to start channelling Kevin Costner and letting other list managers know that you think he's a bust, none of his junior teammates attended his birthday, clearly not a team player. Then swoop with a crazy pick swap.

I hear he’s telling people that he will be the next Bo Gentry.

Nov 22, 2020
AFL Club
Carlton
FOR THE REMAINING 4 SPOTS ON OUR LIST

1.DFA KPD. Absolutely need mature cover for our two KPD’s. McDonald should be our priority. Trengove or Daw are decent as well.

2. Draft a KPD (Cox/Reid) to develop for 2-3 years and hopefully step into the seniors team when Jones/Casboult are finished. We don’t need to draft one if we get a young enough KPD like McDonald.

3. A small forward who's a natural goal kicker, not a converted midfielder. Possibly a mature aged state league player, but a draftee would be fine. If we get Cox or Reid, then Matera as a DFA would be my preference. If not, then Rowe, Spicer or Winder in the draft are all good too.

4. Take this list spot (plus possibly spot no. 2) to the mid season draft windows. If we don’t draft a KPD, we need to keep in mind an eventual replacement for Jones.
Makes no sense at all to bring in 2 KPD. One o.k but 2 is stretching it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back